Cell Phone Activity Timeline as of 11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
try to keep up :slap:

I am and I haven't seen this or been able to find a link. DeAnn said it and then thought she might not have read it. If you have read it I would love to know where. I believe links are required to be posted. When some one states something as a truth and a link is requested are ya supposed to slap them up side the head?

Why would a kidnapper steal cell phones and try to make calls on one of them. He or she probably has their own phone. Why would that person make a call on a phone they know will be reported stolen, along with Lisa, and the phone records requested by LE? Why would that person carry around a phone that is "pinging"? Did he/she want to lead the cops straight to them?

Why would a kidnapper steal cell phones and try to make calls on one of them. He or she probably has their own phone. Why would that person make a call on a phone they know will be reported stolen, along with Lisa, and the phone records requested by LE? Why would that person carry around a phone that is "pinging"? Did he/she want to lead the cops straight to them?

Why would a parent make calls on them and then report them stolen when they know phone records can be requested by LE. Why would the parents keep the phones in an area that shows the pings close to them the whole time but not the baby? Not everyone has a cell phone. Not everyone can afford one. I am going to go out on a limb here and say homeless people in general do not have cell phones as they have no address to send a bill to. I am sure there are a lot of transient types who do not have cell phones also. People who pick fruit for a living for instance.

Cell phones are for sale used all over ebay, craigslist, want ads, etc. Lots of people sell them for lots of different reasons but mostly because they get money for them whether they stole them or not.

I know how you feel and I only started following a few weeks ago. I stand by everyone's right to defend the parents.
Honestly I don't understand it.
I feel anger and frustration with the whole case and how it's being handled.moo

It could also be that different companies have different policies. I don't think it matters in this case though. DB/JI can get copies of their records and it seems they have. moo

ETA This should have been in response to post #472. Second time this has happened to me today. I don't know why or what I am doing wrong.

Who buys a nonworking stolen :waitasec: phone?

Here are four links after searching yahoo. I didn't even go all the way down the page. As far as nonworking... I'm sure someone selling stolen phones isn't going to inform his client it doesn't work and maybe thief didn't know phone was broken. Just because some of the things being stated here don't fit w/i theories doesn't mean they never happen.:twocents:

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/18K-in-cell-phones-stolen-from-Clark-Co-store-132356493.html

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/15766240/police-arrest-men-who-stole-cash-50-cell-phones-in-robbery

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ation-uncovers-stolen-cell-phones-2222644.php

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...covered-in-search/JZ1IepQjEUG_OewvEGGgqA.cspx

If that's the case, why is everyone up in arms about the brothers being interviewed then? Keep in mind, the people doing the interview are highly trained to find out if a child is giving manipulative answers by asking certain questions.

:applause:

But this article is in conflict with the People mag timeline. So it confuses me. Why would they have dinner at 4:00 and then she makes dinner again at 5:30? Seems odd. I could see dad eating at 4ish because he is on his way to the second job of the day. But Lisa was put in her crib at that time, while mom and brother go to the store. And apparently no one other than possibly fmily sees her after that time.

Could also be that sick baby hadn't had much of an appetite. I don't know. jmo

It could be that whoever took Lisa from the home also took the phones and tossed them. Someone (IE: Jersey) comes along and finds the phone(s) and tries to use it. I think we have been assuming whoever removed baby Lisa is also the person using the phones all this time. :twocents:

Here are four links after searching yahoo. I didn't even go all the way down the page. As far as nonworking... I'm sure someone selling stolen phones isn't going to inform his client it doesn't work and maybe thief didn't know phone was broken. Just because some of the things being stated here don't fit w/i theories doesn't mean they never happen.:twocents:

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/18K-in-cell-phones-stolen-from-Clark-Co-store-132356493.html

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/15766240/police-arrest-men-who-stole-cash-50-cell-phones-in-robbery

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ation-uncovers-stolen-cell-phones-2222644.php

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...covered-in-search/JZ1IepQjEUG_OewvEGGgqA.cspx

First link doesn't have a thing to do with stolen used phones.
The thief stole NEW PHONES.
VANCOUVER -- A man with a knife stole about $18,000 worth of mobile phones from a Clark County store Thursday, police said.

2nd link--again thief stole NEW PHONES.
y Jennifer Banks - email

FULTON COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA) -

Police arrested two men who allegedly stole 50 cell phones and $180.00 in cash from Atlanta Mobility off Pleasant Hill Road.
:banghead: big difference in stealing NEW phones than used nonworking phones. moo

Re: neighbor sees Lisa at 4:30pm

IMO we do not have a clue what SB truly states about the night in question.. We have a bunch of "media outlets" reporting on this subject.. That is why I will not personally nail to the wall any of the times associated with SB.. IMO that's what causes such an uproar is that people are solely dependant upon media reports to prove or not prove human beings guilt..this IMO just is NOT RELIABLE IN THE VERY LEAST.. we've all seen and read and watched with our very own eyes MSM reportings made by supposed legitimate reporters stating ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT INFORMATION, DETAILS, AND TIMES..

Why then would it be the info coming from sources we've seen be mistaken and/or downright reporting false information.. How can those sources be reliable to the point of people making a decision of a human beings guilt or innocence of murdering a child..

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being on the fence and after witnessing the extremely faulty, all out crappy and false reporting done in this case I do not feel that there is anything reliable to the point of deciding someone is guilty..

That is not being blind to the existence of particular details(as was stated upthread about DB supporters).. And personally I don't see anyone hailing their support of DB and I would be placed in the DB category when the truth is far from that.. I have been extremely open about issues and details that I find disheartening and do not condone.. Just because I do not judge DB with Bashings over the head DOES NOT EQUAL MY BEING A DB SUPPORTER..

I have no problem being "on the fence" and moo but with the inaccurate bunk we've got as the basis Of this woman's guilt.. I have no desire to be anywhere else than on the fence until we actually have facts to work with.. And here on the fence there is nothing that is ignored, disregarded, or turned a blind eye.. It's all looked at equally.. I just refuse to base an opinion of someone's guilt when the vast majority of info and details are extremely questionable and unreliable..

Jmo, tho!

Thanks for your post from a fellow :fence:!!

Just to add as far as who saw baby when.... I'm sure LE has a pretty good idea of when the last time Lisa was seen. JMO

Biut if she was out of her crib, then why wouldn't the visiting neighbor have seen her? She places the last sighting of Lisa at 4:30. If Lisa had been at dinner table at 5:30, or playing with the other kids at 6:30, then why didn't SB make her last sighting then and not 4:30?

I think a very cunning and manipulative mom can make her two young kids believe anything she needs them to believe.She can tell them they woke the bay, do you hear her crying, when that is not true at all. For one example.

If we are so sure mom is manipulating boys... Why are we worried about them being questioned???

Yes. The only thing I have seen is a 'sources say that SB says' about the 4:30 time. Not something I will take as a truth at all. Let alone let it guide me as to it was the ONLY time the baby was seen.

So far SB has been pretty mum on the whole thing. Haven't seen a quote from her yet. :innocent:

:)

With all due respect to other posters, KCPD *did* inform the public the last time that Lisa was seen. The Amber Alert included that information. They quoted the mom as saying she was last seen about 10:30, 10:40 p.m. Steve Young repeatedly said that in his initial news conferences.

And then Mom began to publicly change her story and the timing. That obviously cast even more suspicions on her actions.

A neighbor has recently come forward and said he hung out with SB and DB for roughly 90 minutes and didn't see any sound or anything related to Lisa including hearing her via a baby monitor (meaning DB didn't have one on her).

Based on this changing timeline and that KCPD no longer considers this a missing persons case, why would they make something public (last time that she was seen) that could hinder their investigation? Other than satisfying armchair sleuths, what does KCPD or FBI gain by releasing that information? And if this is ever brought to trial, ensuring the defendant gets a fair trial is also important. Would I love to know? Sure. But I don't expect KCPD to tell us. And we know that DB's attorneys and herself are now saying the last time she saw Lisa was 6:40 p.m. or so.

Other than SB and her daughter, I don't know what witnesses are being quiet at this point.

BBM Does KCPD not consider it a missing person case anymore? I hadn't heard that yet. TIA

ETA Nevermind DeAnn... I read a little further and saw your reply to another poster. Thanks

Question- the widely circulated picture of Lisa in the animal print outfit... If taken from one of the missing cell phones, it must have been uploaded to a computer at some point. Wouldn't forensics be able to determine what phone was used by the data kit used? Or was it sent to another phone or email address? Or bluetooth?

I guess I am curious as to where any cell phone pictures of Lisa were uploaded.

First link doesn't have a thing to do with stolen used phones.
The thief stole NEW PHONES.

2nd link--again thief stole NEW PHONES.
y Jennifer Banks - email

FULTON COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA) -

:banghead: big difference in stealing NEW phones than used nonworking phones. moo

Okay, here you go.... fixed my search to "used". You can google/yahoo the rest on your own. Whether you would like to believe it, there is a market for stolen phones (used or otherwise).:twocents:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/...ieves-target-light-rail-passengers-nov-2-2011

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/10/28/2-investigators-how-stolen-smart-phones-are-recycled/

Regarding why someone would steal the phones...

Used phones, depending on the model, can fetch pretty good money. What some people don't realize is that phones are sold at a loss by the service provider. They make their money on the contract that they lock you into. This cheap "brand new" price leads people to believe phones are inexpensive and don't hold a resell value.

My phone, for example, cost me 200 dollars brand new with a 2 year contract. The same phone without a contract, brand new, would have cost me 500 dollars. That was when that particular phone model was just released 1 1/2 years ago. I see listings on Craigslist for the same model today with asking prices of over 200 dollars. In fact, I saw one person asking for 450 dollars for the phone and a few accessories. That case is a bit of an outlier, however.

Having said all that, I do believe that stealing the phones along with abducting Baby Lisa, was very stupid. Either that or very smart if the culprit(s) wanted to pull some kind of ruse on LE. Send the baby in one direction and the phones in another, for example. Or, as another example, maybe they thought the parents would call the phones and would demand a ransom when they did.

Another example that might explain the missing phones is that the parents used them to support a particular abduction time frame.

All of this is JMO.

Why would a kidnapper steal cell phones and try to make calls on one of them. He or she probably has their own phone.

if they are homeless, or a transient, they probably don't have the money for a phone.

Not saying that's the case here but just trying to find logic why the phones DID go missing.

Here's what was quoted

I have not read that ANY phones had service is what I was questioning. One borrowed phone who's status is in question and the other two had no service due to nonpayment is what I have. So my question is still at what phone(s) had service.

I'm asking you to read the message I responded to.. not the message of mine that you responded to. You will have to backtrack a little bit. It's all for naught now anyway... the original poster explained what she meant.

She certainly didn't do herself any favors by telling a whopper. I'm fairly sure that the reason she did it was because she was ashamed of having been so neglectful of her parental responsibilities, to the point where her child was abducted. Lies like that don't seem like a big deal at the time, but if she'd been a bit more sophisticated she would have realized what a mess she was potentially creating for herself, and just admitted her neglect at the outset.

bbm

Some of us can't entertain an abduction/stolen cell phone theory because of the elephant in the room that we can't discuss in this thread. It's discussed here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152518"]Cadaver dog hit on scent in DBs bedroom - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46