Charles Ramsey - An Unexpected Hero

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Ramsey called from his cell phone. Amanda Berry called from a landline across the street. Thats why the operator immediately knew that she was calling from 2210 Seymour, and wanted to know why she was reported the address as 2207. I don't know if you used a cell phone to call 911, but its slow. Its hard to get through, and once you do get through, you have to wait to get transferred to the right agency. A 911 call from a landline is a direct connection to the local police dispatch center. Thats why its faster.

they also asked Charles about what house he was calling from, they must have used some kind of gps on his mobile because they also noted he was at a different address than he gave. He was outside when he called as he shouted out to Amanda to ask if she needed an ambulance.

I think something is awry with the phone timing. Either Charles had no credit left, or left his phone at his house. It does seem odd that he couldn't get through. Or I am wondering if his first call was not believed? Marti says the police called back to check that it was a genuine call. I doubt they would release a call where he was not believed. hmmm

they also asked Charles about what house he was calling from, they must have used some kind of gps on his mobile because they also noted he was at a different address than he gave. He was outside when he called as he shouted out to Amanda to ask if she needed an ambulance.

I think something is awry with the phone timing. Either Charles had no credit left, or left his phone at his house. It does seem odd that he couldn't get through. Or I am wondering if his first call was not believed? Marti says the police called back to check that it was a genuine call. I doubt they would release a call where he was not believed. hmmm

No Charles Ramsey started his call right a way by telling the operator that he was at 2207 Seymour. The operator misunderstood and thought that that was his address. There is no GPS involved for 911 calls unfortunately. The operator never did find out what his address was.

RAMSEY: I’m at 2207 Seymour, West 25th. Hey, check this out. I just came from McDonald’s, right? I’m on my porch, eating my li’l food, right? This broad is tryin’ to break out the ****in’ house next door to me. So, it’s a bunch of people on the street right now and ****, so we like well, what’s wrong? What’s the problem? She like, ‘This mother****er done kidnapped me and my daughter and we been in this *****.’ She said her name was Linda Berry or some ****, I don’t know who the **** that is. I just moved over here, bro.
DISPATCH: Sir, sir, sir, sir. You have to calm down and slow down. Is she still in the street?
RAMSEY: Yeah, I’m lookin’ at her. She callin’ y’all. She on another phone.
DISPATCH: Is she black, white, or Hispanic?
RAMSEY: Uh, she white. But the baby look Hispanic.
DISPATCH: Okay, what is she wearing?
RAMSEY: Uh, white tanktop, light blue, uh, sweatpants. Like a wife beater.
DISPATCH: Do you know the address next door? That she said she was in?
RAMSEY: Yeah, 2207. I’m lookin’ at it!
DISPATCH: Oh, I thought that was your address.
RAMSEY: Nah, I’m smarter than that, bro. I’m telling you where the crime was.

[...]
DISPATCH: And the people she said that did this? Do you know if they still in the house?
RAMSEY: I don’t have a ****in’ clue, bro. I’m just standing here with my McDonald’s.
DISPATCH: Can you ask her if she needs an ambulance?
RAMSEY: [To Berry: Do you need an ambulance? Or what?] She need everything. She in a panic, bro. I think she been kidnapped so, you know, put yourself in her shoes.
DISPATCH: We’ll send the police out.
RAMSEY: There you go!

yeah you are right, they couldn't tell where he was, he probably did have trouble getting through. and look at this part...
------------

This broad is tryin’ to break out the ****in’ house next door to me. So, it’s a bunch of people on the street right now and ****, so we like well, what’s wrong? What’s the problem?

------------

So a bunch of people said "whats wrong," already a bunch of people before she came out. It gels with Marti's story.

i wonder if we will ever hear Amanda's version. If it all happened in less than 1 minute she may not remember and we will never know :D

I'm still leaning towards Charles telling the truth.

Amanda called from a landline.
Otherwise the operator wouldn't have known the address she was calling from.

They are going to kill him.

The amount of times McDonald's has been mentioned in this whole story is just well.... sad. No bodies and brains are receiving any nutrients from eating this processed crap. But I guess processed food is a discussion for another message board.
But I do believe it contributes to antisocial behaviour, depression etc. Studies have shown that improving nutrition can improve behaviour.

Chuck's latest version
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbzQOhWu-Go"]Charles Ramsey Basically Calls Angel Cordero a Pussy - YouTube[/ame]

He says the "we" used in breaking down the door is not Angel but Amanda Berry.

Again he says quite a bit about The Dominican (even saying "my friend), again saying The Domincan ran back across the street and did not get involved. Ramsey did it alone with only the help of Amanda.

He says Amanda and her child came out together, same time. Angel says Amanda came out first and then went back in for the child.

Chuck's latest version
Charles Ramsey Basically Calls Angel Cordero a Pussy - YouTube

He says the "we" used in breaking down the door is not Angel but Amanda Berry.

Again he says quite a bit about The Dominican (even saying "my friend), again saying The Domincan ran back across the street and did not get involved. Ramsey did it alone with only the help of Amanda.

He says Amanda and her child came out together, same time. Angel says Amanda came out first and then went back in for the child.

I am sorry for laughing but I believe Charles, he has been right on in different ways and there is the photo of him leading Amanda away and he SAYS he didnt get there first. Just to hear that line in there where he politely says what he thinks of Mr. Cordero made me burst out laughing, especially at the interviewers confusion. I don't blame him for being ticked off.

I still say LE knows and Amanda knows and there would have been no reason for LE to say he was key and deserves something from the reward fund if he wasn't telling the truth. First questions would be about her escape

I loved hearing how she insisted on staying until the other girls were out of the house. As Charles says, She is the damn celebrity, he just played his position

That photo of Charles and Amanda standing on the street is after the police arrived. You can see the police car in front of them. Also there is another man standing behind them, that looks like it could be Angel.
So I am not sure what that photo is supposed to prove.
Amanda probably isn't aware of who was helping her.
Angel was also introduced to a reporter as someone who helped to free Amanda.

I think Charles has told the truth from the beginning, but sugar coated Angel's unwillingness to help in initial interviews because he was friendly with Angel and felt no need to bash him, so he suggested that Angel hesitated because of a language barrier, but always said that Angel saw Amanda first. Later, Angel saw a chance to get some reward money and tried taking the credit, so now Charles is telling the full story about Angel's refusal to get involved.

If I'm right and Cordero is lying, shame, shame, shame on him.

MOO

I think Charles has told the truth from the beginning, but sugar coated Angel's unwillingness to help in initial interviews because he was friendly with Angel and felt no need to bash him, so he suggested that Angel hesitated because of a language barrier, but always said that Angel saw Amanda first. Later, Angel saw a chance to get some reward money and tried taking the credit, so now Charles is telling the full story about Angel's refusal to get involved.

If I'm right and Cordero is lying, shame, shame, shame on him.

MOO

I agree with you and wouldn't want to be cordero when Ramsay gets home. And so far there has been only one who said don't give me the reward, give it to the girls.

Did anybody actually offer him a reward?
I fail to see how his version is any more believable than Cordero's. For one, Charles' recollection of this event appears to be far from perfect. He made a claim that dispatcher didn't believe him and told him to stop playing on this line. Nothing like that is on tape of his 911 call.
And if "Dominican" run back across the street and didn't want to help, how did Amanda ended up there making a 911 call?

I fail to see how his version is any more believable than Cordero's. For one, Charles' recollection of this event appears to be far from perfect. He made a claim that dispatcher didn't believe him and told him to stop playing on this line. Nothing like that is on tape of his 911 call.
And if "Dominican" run back across the street and didn't want to help, how did Amanda ended up there making a 911 call?

|The cleveland prosecutor termed his involvement key and that he deserved part of the reward. That said, he was asked what he would do with the reward if he got it and he said he didn't want it, he has a paycheck, give it to the girls.

Re across the street, he told Amanda to call 911 and she looked at the phone and said she didnt know how, so he told her to go across the street to use their phone while he called 911 from his phone.

His 911 operator may not have said stop playing on the phone but he sure seemed...skeptical to me. I don't expect Charles to be picture perfect on details when adrenaline is racing, maybe he thought the 911 operator had said it. I know he called him a moron at one point in the call

The operator didn't seems skeptical to me at all.
Asked if victim needed an ambulance, etc.
Also Mr. Ramsey didn't know who Amanda Berry was, called her Linda Berry in a call.
At no point of the call did Mr. Ramsey call operator a moron.

I am wondering and I have said it before, if not all the 911 calls have been released to the public. They are hardly going to release one where they didn't believe him. Marti mentioned that they called them back to check if the call was real. (after Amandas call) They didn't release that one. So they did not release every call that was involved.

If there was 5 people there including Marti and Ana (whose phone she rang from) then there are 3 other people to take her across the street. Angel was not the only one there, he was called over there by Marti and Ana. She is also capable of crossing a street herself.

I am wondering and I have said it before, if not all the 911 calls have been released to the public. They are hardly going to release one where they didn't believe him. Marti mentioned that they called them back to check if the call was real. (after Amandas call) They didn't release that one. So they did not release every call that was involved.

If there was 5 people there including Marti and Ana (whose phone she rang from) then there are 3 other people to take her across the street. Angel was not the only one there, he was called over there by Marti and Ana. She is also capable of crossing a street herself.

Charles' phone call has been released. I don't know if there were any others, but his call has been released.

http://www.ecuavisa.com/articulo/no...como-joven-raptada-saco-brazo-por-la-puerta-y

I believe the lady pictured at this link is Marti. The first person to notice Amanda waving. The lady who says she called over Angel and Ramsey to help. I'm not sure how to insert the photo. But she deserves to be recognized for her actions along with Ramsey and Angel. :)
aurora_marti_cleveland_11-5-2013.jpg

I understand Angel, Marti and Ana feeling a little hard done by.

Charles has limo rides, tv interviews, but that is not because the media think or believe Charles is more deserving than them. Its the usual shallow reason-$$- Charles is a natural showman, the public are amused, charles is sellable, good for ratings.

Charles got a break, i'm glad he's enjoying and making the most of it.

An amazing thing happened, 3 women were held captive in a house for 10 years, 4 locals heard a cry for help, and they actually went and helped. That says alot about the community. i just hope every one gets along once the media lose interest. JMO

I understand Angel, Marti and Ana feeling a little hard done by.

Charles has limo rides, tv interviews, but that is not because the media think or believe Charles is more deserving than them. Its the usual shallow reason-$$- Charles is a natural showman, the public are amused, charles is sellable, good for ratings.

Charles got a break, i'm glad he's enjoying and making the most of it.

An amazing thing happened, 3 women were held captive in a house for 10 years, 4 locals heard a cry for help, and they actually went and helped. That says alot about the community. i just hope every one gets along once the media lose interest. JMO

very well said. Charles has the personality to turn this into something everyone wants to hear, simply by his use of vernacular and his ability to make you picture the scene. The others have been interviewed but don't resonate as well with the public......charles gives us a sneak peek into a world most of us don't live in and does so for good reason so we don't feel like voyeurs. Yet the real man is there in him quietly clearing the plates and picking cutlery off the floor while the people he was with walked away, He did what was right and dserves kudos. Others deserve kudos too, wouldn't a block party be a great way to give everyone recognition?

I am sorry for laughing but I believe Charles, he has been right on in different ways and there is the photo of him leading Amanda away and he SAYS he didnt get there first. Just to hear that line in there where he politely says what he thinks of Mr. Cordero made me burst out laughing, especially at the interviewers confusion. I don't blame him for being ticked off.

I still say LE knows and Amanda knows and there would have been no reason for LE to say he was key and deserves something from the reward fund if he wasn't telling the truth. First questions would be about her escape

I loved hearing how she insisted on staying until the other girls were out of the house. As Charles says, She is the damn celebrity, he just played his position

When I look at that photo, I don't see Charles leading Amanda away, they are standing on the other side of the street watching the police enter Castro's house.

Angel says that Amanda did not mention the other women until the police got there. And my only criticism towards the dispatchers is that neither one asked if there was anyone else in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpioo18