Cher's Daughter Transitioning From Female to Male

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I come from a family with four siblings, two are homosexuals and two are hetrosexuals, same parents, roughly same upbringing. Its not always about parenting

I hear ya .... I wonder sometimes, why are we asking *who* we love? For me... gotta say, love conquers all! I was just as giddy about him, as I was about her.

I don't feel (nor have I ever) felt transgendered. I can only be greatful for that ... that's just honesty folks. It doesn't make me more or less a woman, or a man.

Cher spent years while her children were growing up dressing like a man in drag. She was a woman dressing like a man in drag. She exposed her children to men who dressed like women, and I can't imagine what else they saw, and heard throughout their childhood. Her children now don't know whether to be male or female, and changing her body isn't going to solve the problem imo. These adults are products of their messed up mother, and she is responsible for it.
I feel sorry for her children having their innocence robbed when they were so young.
moo

ETA; Cher shouldn't get a pass for being a horrible role model and parent just because she's rich and famous. moo

Doesn't Cher have a son with Greg Allman called Blue or something -- how is he doing?

I have to ask ... although this peticular person's persona, is public, why do we question Love? Serouisly .... She/He is not exploiting someone of inapprorpriate age. This is the very question that will forever leave me effectively ... in the dust! Is he/she somehow less ? Less anything ... More anything ... ????

Cher spent years while her children were growing up dressing like a man in drag. She was a woman dressing like a man in drag. She exposed her children to men who dressed like women, and I can't imagine what else they saw, and heard throughout their childhood. Her children now don't know whether to be male or female, and changing her body isn't going to solve the problem imo. These adults are products of their messed up mother, and she is responsible for it.
I feel sorry for her children having their innocence robbed when they were so young.
moo

ETA; Cher shouldn't get a pass for being a horrible role model and parent just because she's rich and famous. moo

Well, thankfully, I embrace my family members that have not been "exposed" and yet are the people the are. No one has been messed up in their lives as a result of their mother. Bottom line, I agree to disagree with you. Frankly, I would rather be a family member who loves than lose the very essence of any beloved family member that does not fit the "norm". And, have the very gift of themselves given to me. Oh, and fwiw, it means nothing regarding demographics or enviorment. You are you who are. Good stuff. :)

moo

I'm not willing to argue on behalf of the rich, or famous, however .... I will argue .... lol

Respectfully snipped:

"She was a woman dressing like a man in drag. She exposed her children to men who dressed like women, and I can't imagine what else they saw, and heard throughout their childhood. Her children now don't know whether to be male or female, and changing her body isn't going to solve the problem imo. These adults are products of their messed up mother, and she is responsible for it."

She is a woman, a mother, a provider, an entertainer, an idividual, who may or may not have issue with her child's sexualirty .... but she is a mother and she loves her child, regardless. That's always been what I have gathered from Cher. Not so different than any other, really .... Is it?

I'm not willing to argue on behalf of the rich, or famous, however .... I will argue .... lol

Respectfully snipped:

"She was a woman dressing like a man in drag. She exposed her children to men who dressed like women, and I can't imagine what else they saw, and heard throughout their childhood. Her children now don't know whether to be male or female, and changing her body isn't going to solve the problem imo. These adults are products of their messed up mother, and she is responsible for it."

She is a woman, a mother, a provider, an entertainer, an idividual, who may or may not have issue with her child's sexualirty .... but she is a mother and she loves her child, regardless. That's always been what I have gathered from Cher. Not so different than any other, really .... Is it?

Personally, I think that's the greatest gift a mother can give (along with stability and security), unconditional love.

Quick question: Milton Berle dressed as a woman in public numerous times. Does anyone know if any of his children are homosexual or transgender?

Cher has broken her silence about her daughter Chastity's decision to change her gender from female to male.

Referring to her daughter, who has already started the transformation and is now known as Chaz Bono, Cher says in a statement to Us Magazine that "Chaz is embarking on a difficult journey, but one that I will support. I respect the courage it takes to go through this transition in the glare of public scrutiny, and although I may not understand, I will strive to be understanding. The one thing that will never change is my abiding love for my child."

Cher Shocked by Chastity's Sexuality

Bono revealed to his parents that he was a lesbian at age 18 and wrote about the experience in his 1998 memoir, "Family Outing."

In 2002, Bono wrote "The End of Innocence," a second memoir about coming out, his music career, and his partner's death from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

According to Bono's books, Cher was shocked by the news of his sexuality and even banished Bono from her NYC apartment immediately after he came out.

"I'd always had this idea that she would get married and have a family," Cher told People magazine in 1998.

The two since have mended their relationship, though Cher reportedly expressed concern about Bono's weight. Bono participated in VH1's "Celebrity Fit Club 3" in 2003 in an effort to shed pounds.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...7871898&page=2

http://tv.rightcelebrity.com/?p=2752

Chaz Bono may soon become the brave new face of the transgendered world but he started out as Chastity Bono- the sparkling tot who hung around the set of her very famous parents’ very famous TV show. Over the years, Bono has opened up about her personal struggle to come to terms with her sexuality. RadarOnline.com brings you an in-depth look at her often very public ups and downs.

Click here for Bono’s tranformation through the years

Despite the glitz and glam life of her mother Cher, Bono found herself drawn to other things and was a self-proclaimed tomboy. "She would have liked a little girl who would have liked to play dress-up in her closet. I was not one of them.” she admitted.
http://www.radaronline.com/category/tags/chaz-bono

Meet Jennifer Elia, lover of Chastity-*advertiser censored*-Chaz Bono.

Snapped Saturday in Los Angeles, the raven-haired Elia walked barefoot on her cell phone to her car, where boyfriend Chaz was waiting on her.

The pair are longtime partners, taking residence in West Hollywood.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/06/first-look-chaz-bonos-girlfriend-revealed

Personally, I think that's the greatest gift a mother can give (along with stability and security), unconditional love.

Quick question: Milton Berle dressed as a woman in public numerous times. Does anyone know if any of his children are homosexual or transgender?

Good point. I don't know about his children, if any, but I worked with Berle years ago and mostly he liked to talk about how he had (according to him) the biggest penis in show business.

Cross-dressing for entertainment purposes has a rich history that goes back to ancient times and continues through Shakespeare's theater and into the present day. For whatever reason, the English seem to find it particularly amusing. (See Monty Python.)

There is no evidence that the children of such performers are more likely to be gay or transgendered.

moo

I doubt your argument is the product of reason, but in case I'm wrong, you might want to consider that the vast majority of us who are GLBT grew up in families with heterosexual parents who did not cross-dress. And most openly GLBT people, like my husband and I, have children who are entirely heterosexual without transgender issues.

Go figure.

being gay, lesbian, bi or transgendered has nowt to do with upbringing. i think 99% of the glbt folk that i've ever known or know grew up in so-called 'nuclear families'. i have 2 cousins, one gay & one lesbian & both grew up in so-called 'normal' families, i.e. mom, dad, siblings, all straight...and for the record, nothing 'weird' (said ironically) going on in their households, either! and they have straight siblings. and the lesbian used to be married to a man and has 2 grown sons now...she came out in middle age, bless her.

i feel you are born with these feelings, that it's nature, not nurture. no one chooses their sexuality or gender...

good on chaz. i wish him all the best & he's so fortunate to have the love & support of family and friends.

as the saying goes 'I'm straight, not narrow' ;)

ps...ditto to what Nova said.

Good point. I don't know about his children, if any, but I worked with Berle years ago and mostly he liked to talk about how he had (according to him) the biggest penis in show business.

Cross-dressing for entertainment purposes has a rich history that goes back to ancient times and continues through Shakespeare's theater and into the present day. For whatever reason, the English seem to find it particularly amusing. (See Monty Python.)

There is no evidence that the children of such performers are more likely to be gay or transgendered.

That's interesting...and sorta gross about Milton Berle. I was being sarcastic when I asked if any of his kids were gay or transgender. I personally don't believe that Cher's behavior had any effect on Chaz's sexuality.

My immediate family includes a transgendered individual. A few facts. Gender has nothing to do with sexuality or if you're straight or homosexual. Gender has to do with how you percieve yourself --and TG folks often say that they feel like they were born in the wrong body because their body doesn't match what's in their mind and heart.

You can be born a female biologically, transition, and if you were into men before you'll still be into men; or women for that matter.

It's not disgusting or a result of upbringing or "being exposed" to cross-dressing (which by the way, can be completely seperate from being transgendered).

Oh, and the suicide thing? TG individuals are more likely to commit suicide from keeping this inside and denying who they are. They are often much healthier emotionally (and even physically) once they accept who they are.

I'm proud of Chaz. By the by, there are a lot of TG folks out there. Some of them choose not to transition. Some keep it quiet or hidden. But I'm glad Chaz is a role model for those that want to transition. It's a very very hard decision.

I doubt your argument is the product of reason, but in case I'm wrong, you might want to consider that the vast majority of us who are GLBT grew up in families with heterosexual parents who did not cross-dress. And most openly GLBT people, like my husband and I, have children who are entirely heterosexual without transgender issues.

Go figure.

Man, you and Mr. Nova screwed up big time. You had a chance to create flamboyant, interesting and odd creatures - instead, you turn out a bunch of boring breeders. For shame.

That's interesting...and sorta gross about Milton Berle. I was being sarcastic when I asked if any of his kids were gay or transgender. I personally don't believe that Cher's behavior had any effect on Chaz's sexuality.

Sorry, lizzy. Your sarcasm was entirely clear and, IMHO, entirely appropriate.

I meant to make that clear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back