Cher's Daughter Transitioning From Female to Male

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If hormone therapy can help you transition into the other sex, why can't it help you fully transition into the sex you're born with?

I just wonder about these things. Is a gender confused person in between? Could they go either way with hormone therapy? I've never heard it discussed.

The surgery is a really big step and if you're a man and having mr. happy cut off, there's no going back. I would think it would be very scary.

I managed a laser center and we would get the transgenders in for laser hair removal - there is a lot of hair to remove and prior to surgery they like to get the nether regions completed. Think about it - face, throat, neck, chest, abs, back/shoulders, legs, buttocks - in many cases they need all these areas done. It's a lot of trouble to go through if you aren't pretty damn certain you want this (although they gay men do all of this too, especially back, chest and below.)

If hormone therapy can help you transition into the other sex, why can't it help you fully transition into the sex you're born with?

I just wonder about these things. Is a gender confused person in between? Could they go either way with hormone therapy? I've never heard it discussed.

The surgery is a really big step and if you're a man and having mr. happy cut off, there's no going back. I would think it would be very scary.

I managed a laser center and we would get the transgenders in for laser hair removal - there is a lot of hair to remove and prior to surgery they like to get the nether regions completed. Think about it - face, throat, neck, chest, abs, back/shoulders, legs, buttocks - in many cases they need all these areas done. It's a lot of trouble to go through if you aren't pretty damn certain you want this (although they gay men do all of this too, especially back, chest and below.)

Good question about the hormones. Personally, there are times I think a person whould be crazy to choose to be female *LOL* Cramps come to mind.

My problem is a couple of things. First, having a breast removes qualifies you as male? Bad news for mastectomy patients. Is that all that makes us female? No.

My other worry is that people who do this are really unhappy with who they are regardless. I have a neighbor who had a bunch of plastic surgery, then gastric bypass, then a tummy tuck, it's always something with her because her issues go so much deeper than surface issues. I think changing genders is often another example of unhappy people trying to shed the identity that they hate, and thinking that then they will finally be happy. I'm glad that they require them to have counseling beforehand.

well, that's hollywood for ya.
Has Cher ever regretted raising her children around men who dressed like women?
No wonder her daughter is a mess.

I come from a family with four siblings, two are homosexuals and two are hetrosexuals, same parents, roughly same upbringing. Its not always about parenting

According to numerous reports....Sony was very accepting of Chaz / Chastity's coming out. Cher had a major problem with it and asked her to leave the house. It wasn't until Chaz / Chastity came out publicly and became an advocate for gay rights that Cher came to accept it. Ironically, Sony Bono was a republican in California and while he accpeted his daughter his political party did not.

I guess we will never Sonny's reaction since he has been dead eleven and a half years, but accepting a child's homosexuality is a little different than accepting a transgender change

Bravo to Chaz. I wish him well. He is still the same person guys, just with a little less *advertiser censored* and a bit more hair. There is no need to grieve anyone :)

Also, most FtoM transgender folk usually choose not to have bottom surgery, as phalloplasty is, um, not the best surgery out there for many reasons and also because its much easier to buy a penis at your friendly local sex shop ;)

Zilch, I have to disagree. There is a sense of grief. Even though you know the person is the same person on the inside, you grieve the loss of your brother, father, son, etc. Or vice versa. With my friend, I don't love her any less but there are times when I would love to see "him" walk through the door. Most of our memories are of me and "him". You can be the most understanding person in the world but you'll still grieve over the loss of that other person.

Zilch, I have to disagree. There is a sense of grief. Even though you know the person is the same person on the inside, you grieve the loss of your brother, father, son, etc. Or vice versa. With my friend, I don't love her any less but there are times when I would love to see "him" walk through the door. Most of our memories are of me and "him". You can be the most understanding person in the world but you'll still grieve over the loss of that other person.

You are definatly allowed your own personal feelings when it comes to this. I just guess in my experience, with my friends who have transitioned, nothing really changed. To me, its not the gender that makes the person :)

You are definatly allowed your own personal feelings when it comes to this. I just guess in my experience, with my friends who have transitioned, nothing really changed. To me, its not the gender that makes the person :)

You're right, gender doesn't make the person. As I said I still love her and still consider her a good friend.

This may seem like a silly question, but since Chastity came out as a Lesbian years ago, but felt or feels that she should have been born a man, will she now be considered heterosexual after the transition to a he?

Wow. You just blew my mind! That makes sense in a backwards kinda way!

Well, I hope this provides peace of mind and some degree of happiness as well.

and always has been. Does she have friends? male or female?

She has money and can do whatever she wants..but you have to have people who are truly friends and love you. Does she work? have a purpose in life?

I don't think Chastity is a happy person, never was, and it isn't because of gender. She's looking for something and chose this...what a disaster.

I keep thinking of suicide in the future..and who will be there for her?

In a sense, yes, however even when you have that vision of the 10 year old little girl who messed up her nail polish the first time and then you see her when she's going off to college, you still see much of the same girl, even though you've lost the sweet little 10 year old forever. Seeing a man would yield little of the memory of the girl. Much harder. And giving up our images of what our children might become is hard, yes, but you want their lives to be good and for them to be happy and sometimes that is the epitomy of love - selfless. Hard as it will be, I'm sure Cher will always love him and support him.

I don't think we're gender obsessed. I just think that the majority of men and women, boys and girls are different and that their gender is the reason. We see very boy traits in most boys no matter how many dolls we have them play with when they are young. They still pick up a stick and pretend it's a gun.

Nature and humanity are mostly very gender specific. Have you ever tried to manually fertilize a blossom to bear a fruit? There's a male part and a female part, both absolutely necessary. I don't think we just dream up these natural differences. Everyone hates the idea of "normal" because it is not PC, but there is such a thing.

I think you mean to say that we put too much emphasis on what I'm calling normal and that when something is other than, it's bad. We should not label something as bad because it is different.

In cases where people don't fit into one or the other, we don't tolerate it because we don't "get it". I really do feel for these people and know in my heart they aren't doing this on a whim.

Understanding what it takes to get to this point is important. We may never "get it" but we can certainly accept that they must have this need and be kind.

Now be nice, because I'm pretty sure I'm a drag queen trapped inside a woman's body :)

There's nothing in your post that requires restraint from me, Ziggy.

I think it's difficult to tell what gender traits are rooted in biology because there is so much social pressure for children to conform, even when their parents try to stay neutral. Our very language distinguishes between "boys" and "girls" and the sex is the first question asked whenever a baby is born.

But I'm not a strict social constructionist. I agree that some of our characteristics are the product of hormones, etc.

But "not obsessed with gender"? Then why is Ms. Bono such big news? Why are people going to the mattresses to oppose gay marriage? Why was gender (along with race) all we talked about in the last presidential election? Why are we still sorting out equality of the sexes after more than a century of trying?

We're obsessed, alright, but that isn't to say that some differences may be rooted in biology, at least for the majority of people.

and always has been. Does she have friends? male or female?

She has money and can do whatever she wants..but you have to have people who are truly friends and love you. Does she work? have a purpose in life?

I don't think Chastity is a happy person, never was, and it isn't because of gender. She's looking for something and chose this...what a disaster.

I keep thinking of suicide in the future..and who will be there for her?

Wow! When you come to believe you know a stranger this well, it's really time to step away from the tabloids.

Yes, Bono has friends, family, work and a purpose in life (which has long been the zealous quest for equal rights for GLBT people).

But I don't know her, so I won't speculate as to whether these are sufficient for her. As a rule, however, none of those factors make any difference if one believes one is trapped in the wrong gender.

I haven't responded in a bit, but feel the need to now. :)

There are so many things that we all have difficulty trying to understand. especially when it comes to transgendering. Just as being Gay, to me, means that is who they are, I believe being "in the wrong body" is also about being who you are. This isn't about social, family, or any other life's enviormental impact to "cause this". Life Nature is wonderful, though imperfect. It messes up sometimes. Which makes many very uncomfortable to consider.

I have absolutely no doubt that Chaz has gone through much personal and professional thought/counseling to pursue who he believes he truly is. For someone to even suggest suicide in his future is beyond my understanding. Chaz's choice to be who he is, without any hesitation at this point, should not ever be trashed. Yes, there will be pain involved, but I am of the thought that Chaz may be finally embarking to who he *always* felt he was. All his life. Who am I to judge that? No, I will not.

My brief 2 cents worth.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back