Cheyvonne Molino

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Biilylee and My2sisters for the light bulb moment, putting your thoughts together like that! How is it that a person on parole can hire other parolees?? Sheesh!

Sounds like James Molino had one really angry customer (sorry, this is all I can find of the article unless you pay for it)

Published on December 10, 1997, Ledger Dispatch (CA)

SHOTS FIRED IN ARGUMENT AT JUNK YARD

PITTSBURG - A man was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and negligent discharge of a firearm after he argued with the owner of a salvage yard, said police Lt. William Zbacnik.

At about 9 a.m. Tuesday, Joseph Buggs, 28, of Concord, went to JM Enterprizes at 1215 Willow Pass Rd., to return several axles he had bought. While the owner, James Molino, 48, was fixing the axles, Buggs insisted on having his money back.

An argument ensued, and Buggs approached the owner to

Looks like the Molinos were married just a bout a month before this.

Sounds like James Molino had one really angry customer (sorry, this is all I can find of the article unless you pay for it)

Hmmm, wonder if this was the reason jim needed a weaon to "protect his junk yard", thereby causing him to violate his parole?

You know, this is a HUGE parole violation. Wonder if he gor any punishment for it??

Hmmm, wonder if this was the reason jim needed a weaon to "protect his junk yard", thereby causing him to violate his parole?

You know, this is a HUGE parole violation. Wonder if he gor any punishment for it??

Could be. I wish I could read the rest of the story. Yep, I would think getting a weapon when you are on parole is a BIG no no.

What's the link for it? I may have access to it.

:waitasec: it doesn't say it was JM with the firearm does it?

Ledger Dispatch (CA) - Wednesday, December 10, 1997
PITTSBURG - A man was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and negligent discharge of a firearm after he argued with the owner of a salvage yard, said police Lt. William Zbacnik.

At about 9 a.m. Tuesday, Joseph Buggs, 28, of Concord, went to JM Enterprizes at 1215 Willow Pass Rd., to return several axles he had bought. While the owner, James Molino, 48, was fixing the axles, Buggs insisted on having his money back.

An argument ensued, and Buggs approached the owner to challenge him to a fight, Zbacnik said. Molino pulled a .44 Magnum handgun to protect himself but decided to put it on the counter to try and talk things out, Zbacnik said.

Buggs grabbed the gun and fired two shots inside the business, Zbacnik said. Molino said Buggs fired the bullets on both sides of him. Another witness said Buggs fired one bullet to the side of Molino and several into the air. Buggs left and shot into the air.

Another customer grabbed another gun owned by Molino, a .357 Magnum, and fired a round into Buggs' car tire to prevent him from leaving.

The customer fled the scene by the time police arrived.

Buggs was taken to County Jail in Martinez. Police are still looking for the second shooter, Zbacnik said.
Caption: Photo - PITTSBURG POLICE carry a .44-caliber gun involved in a dispute. (Greg Stidham/Ledger Dispatch)
Edition: Final
Section: News
Page: A02
Dateline: PITTSBURG
Record Number: 9712130291

Thanks Anthroamy. Living here, I've heard similar stories about JM from several people. Apparently, he doesn't like to give refunds.

Ledger Dispatch (CA) - Wednesday, December 10, 1997Molino pulled a .44 Magnum handgun to protect himself but decided to put it on the counter to try and talk things out, Zbacnik said.

Buggs grabbed the gun and fired two shots inside the business, Zbacnik said. Molino said Buggs fired the bullets on both sides of him. Another witness said Buggs fired one bullet to the side of Molino and several into the air. Buggs left and shot into the air.

Another customer grabbed another gun owned by Molino, a .357 Magnum, and fired a round into Buggs' car tire to prevent him from leaving.

Dang, sounds like the OK Corral! Interesting that Molino had at least two guns. Gotta wonder who the other customer was and how many witnesses there were who verified the story. Doesn't sounds like Buggs arrived at JM Enterprises with a gun.

This was the only other thing I could find on the Molinos or the wrecking yard besides the usual stuff we already know. I did find the record of their marriage in the paper. Jim Molino is just 2 years older than Garrido, is it possible they went to high school together?

BRADFORD CLEANUP BEGINS
Ledger Dispatch (CA) - Thursday, December 23, 1999
Author: Sarah Rohrs
BRADFORD ISLAND A rusted Pinto with no doors or windows, a Volkswagen bug with a psychedelic paint job and a dented milk delivery truck each had a different journey to this secluded Delta island.

But now they're among the 136 junked cars awaiting the same fate: To be stripped, flattened and carted off to a metal scrap yard.

Abandoned and left to rust and rot into the earth, these inoperable cars are getting a big push off the island from the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department.

By leaving their former resting spots among the levees and pastures, the old cars will be doing their part to help Bradford Island shake off its reputation as the Delta's gigantic dumping ground.

"This is a beautiful island," Deputy Gene Haney, an Oakley resident, said of Bradford Island and his thrill in getting rid of the old cars. "This is just fantastic. The people who live here are nice, but stuff like this is an eyesore."

Rob Davies, who moved to Bradford Island as a part-time resident in 1966, said he's happy the cars are getting the heave-ho. He said he believes they're a byproduct of the squatters known to flock to the island and he's angry that "We, the taxpayers, have to pay for a lot of these guys."

Spearheaded by Supervisor Joe Canciamilla's office, the job of getting rid of all the cars has been anything but a smooth ride.

Haney and his crew have been on the island nearly seven days a week since Nov. 22 overseeing the car removal operation. He said he'll take a break on Christmas Day, but is worried about leaving the parcel full of junked cars unattended. Already people have been scavenging them for valuable car parts, lessening their value when they are sold at a scrap metal yard, he said.

The push to get rid of the cars follows on the heels of local legislators' spring vows to beef up their efforts to protect the residents and clean the island.

John Gregory, deputy county administrator, said the building inspection division has begun stepping up enforcement efforts toward that goal. That includes placing locked metal trash bins on site for residents to use, he said.

Bradford Island is remote even by Delta standards. The 2,000-acre island, home to about 40 residents, is accessible only by ferry 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. To get to the ferry, a person has to drive down Jersey Island Road, a narrow, eroded levee road that's marred by deep potholes and is virtually impassable in the rain.

In July, the department started removing cars by tagging about 200 vehicles and then trying to find the owners. Haney said owners had the chance to deal with the inoperable vehicles themselves. Meanwhile, the county had to cut through a mountain of red tape in order to dispose of the majority that went unclaimed.

"It's just been a horrendous job," said Lt. Christine Dean.

The sheriff's office hauled out some vehicles from underground burial spots and pulled others out of levees and from dense thickets of bramble and other vegetation, Dean said. The sheriff's office also flew overhead in helicopters trying to spot old cars that had all but blended into the grasslands.

Haney said most owners welcomed the chance to get rid of the clunkers, especially since the county would be footing the bill. However, some put up a fight, protesting the county was removing their private property. Money for the cleanup effort come from Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Authority, a state program that encourages counties to use their portion of vehicle registration fees to deal with abandoned cars.

Dean said the removal will cost $24,000 and she may attempt to recapture some of that money by going after owners of the vehicles.

"There is a mechanism to do that, but we want to look at what's fair and equitable," Dean said.

The county hired Tom Trost of Bradford Island to oversee the cleanup. During the past month, employees from JM Enterprizes of Pittsburg, a subcontractor, have been removing the car's vital organs such as tires, engines and radiators and then placing the empty hulks into one pile. They've also collected a few refrigerators and washing machines along the way.

Haney is shooting to finish the job Jan. 1. That could mean that Bradford Island could enter the new millennium with a cleaner face to present to the world.

Even if all the cars are removed, though, there are still the abandoned boats to deal with.

Contra Costa County and the Sheriff's Marine Patrol are tackling the derelict boat problem by drafting new ordinances that would strengthen the county's ability to conduct code enforcement on boats.

"The cars are just a fourth of the problem," said Janis Glover, Canciamilla's chief of staff. "The biggest problem is the boats."

Marine Patrol Sgt. Don Pitts said his department continuously pulls derelict vessels from the Delta's waters, "but they're coming in as fast as we take them away." Quite a few of them wind up on Bradford Island, he said.

Still, Glover said, getting rid of the junked cars will go a long way toward ridding Bradford Island's bucolic landscape of lots of eyesores.

"I'm impatient, but I'm very, very proud of the sheriff's Department in that they just stepped in and did the job. We still have a lot more work to do," Glover said.

Sarah Rohrs covers the Delta, and environmental and traffic issues. She can be reached at 779-7169 or srohrs@cctimes.com
Caption: Photo 1: Bob Goncalves of JMEnterprizes moves a junked car Tuesday, one of many finally being crushed and hauled off Bradford Island; Photo 2: A "No Dumping" sign adorns an abandoned appliance on the island, which has served as a dumpling ground for years. (Ray Saint Germain/Staff)
Section: news
Page: 01
Index Terms: DELTA, WASTE
Dateline: BRADFORD ISLAND
Record Number: 9912240004

This was the only other thing I could find on the Molinos or the wrecking yard besides the usual stuff we already know. I did find the record of their marriage in the paper. Jim Molino is just 2 years older than Garrido, is it possible they went to high school together?

BRADFORD CLEANUP BEGINS
Ledger Dispatch (CA) - Thursday, December 23, 1999
Author: Sarah Rohrs

Snipped:
BRADFORD ISLAND A rusted Pinto with no doors or windows, a Volkswagen bug with a psychedelic paint job and a dented milk delivery truck each had a different journey to this secluded Delta island.

But now they're among the 136 junked cars awaiting the same fate: To be stripped, flattened and carted off to a metal scrap yard.

Abandoned and left to rust and rot into the earth, these inoperable cars are getting a big push off the island from the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department.

In July, the department started removing cars by tagging about 200 vehicles and then trying to find the owners. Haney said owners had the chance to deal with the inoperable vehicles themselves. Meanwhile, the county had to cut through a mountain of red tape in order to dispose of the majority that went unclaimed.

"It's just been a horrendous job," said Lt. Christine Dean.

The sheriff's office hauled out some vehicles from underground burial spots and pulled others out of levees and from dense thickets of bramble and other vegetation, Dean said. The sheriff's office also flew overhead in helicopters trying to spot old cars that had all but blended into the grasslands.

Caption: Photo 1: Bob Goncalves of JMEnterprizes moves a junked car Tuesday, one of many finally being crushed and hauled off Bradford Island; Photo 2: A "No Dumping" sign adorns an abandoned appliance on the island, which has served as a dumpling ground for years. (Ray Saint Germain/Staff)
Section: news
Page: 01
Index Terms: DELTA, WASTE
Dateline: BRADFORD ISLAND
Record Number: 9912240004

Does this story give any else the "creeps". Wonder if any of PG's vehicles were there? If they really did try to contact the onwers, was he one of them?? Thanks again Antrhoamy for all your sleuthing!

Pittsburg upholds decision to scrap salvage yard's permit

"Despite recent efforts by an embattled Pittsburg auto wrecker to reverse a history of environmental violations, city leaders this week agreed to shut down the salvage yard.
The Pittsburg Planning Commission revoked JM Enterprises' use permit in late August. The City Council's vote this week upholding the decision means JM cannot sell auto parts to customers or crush cars…

…Though JM's property was annexed into Pittsburg in 1991, the city had no record of a use permit for the business until it was discovered by Pittsburg when annexing a neighboring property last November. JM remains out of city compliance with eight aspects of the recently discovered permit, but that number had been 14 in November…"

I can’t imagine that someone in the city of Pittsburg didn’t know he wasn’t paying any city taxes or permits! JM would have provided considerable needed revenue to Pittsburg. Just wondering if someone(s) was covering for him.

Cheyvonne sure shut up about her friendship with PG. At first she was in front of nearly every camera then after the raids she became invisible - almost questionably invisible. Neither Nightline nor TLC mentioned a word about her when interviewing PGs acquaintances. And she said she was his ONLY friend. Maybe she was drawing too much attention to the Sheriff’s Department and running the risk of exposing someone/something??? She’s not the type to be easily scared off that’s for sure.

"Despite recent efforts by an embattled Pittsburg auto wrecker to reverse a history of environmental violations, city leaders this week agreed to shut down the salvage yard.
The Pittsburg Planning Commission revoked JM Enterprises' use permit in late August. The City Council's vote this week upholding the decision means JM cannot sell auto parts to customers or crush cars…

…Though JM's property was annexed into Pittsburg in 1991, the city had no record of a use permit for the business until it was discovered by Pittsburg when annexing a neighboring property last November. JM remains out of city compliance with eight aspects of the recently discovered permit, but that number had been 14 in November…"

I can’t imagine that someone in the city of Pittsburg didn’t know he wasn’t paying any city taxes or permits! JM would have provided considerable needed revenue to Pittsburg. Just wondering if someone(s) was covering for him.

Cheyvonne sure shut up about her friendship with PG. At first she was in front of nearly every camera then after the raids she became invisible - almost questionably invisible. Neither Nightline nor TLC mentioned a word about her when interviewing PGs acquaintances. And she said she was his ONLY friend. Maybe she was drawing too much attention to the Sheriff’s Department and running the risk of exposing someone/something??? She’s not the type to be easily scared off that’s for sure.

Supposedly she received a death threat.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20842721/detail.html

I don't buy it though. She knows waaaay more than she's telling.

not sure she cared about drawing too much attention to the sherrif's office.

i think the problem became she was drawing too much attention to herself and her husband, particuarly after her bizzare posts on this site.

i wasnt arguing with it i was just giving a diffrent opinion.

Your opinion isn't different. Posts have been clear that nobody thinks she cared about the Sheriff's Office, I sure don't. How did my post give you the impression that I did think that? Argue just to be arguing?

That's right, I forgot. So who would threaten her? Obviously someone with something to lose by her talking.

My first guess would be her husband. Pure speculation here, but her husband is about 25 years older than her, and I think they've been married about 12 years. He may have a history with PG that she isn't aware of, or maybe had more of a connection with PG during their friendship than she knew about.

Something else that really piques my curiosity is that Deepal Karunaratne took a hike around that same time. He, like Cheyvonne, had been ALL over the media blabbing about PG and even speculating why Jaycee hadn't just gotten on a bus and gone home (Seriously, WHAT?!) (http://cbs5.com/crime/Phillip.Garrido.arrest.2.1148378.html). He also admitted to numerous media outlets (including the one linked) that he willingly signed PG's affidavit. Karunaratne is a realtor. If your business depended in part on your reputation, why would you get in front of every possible news camera and admit to verifying that your pedo friend could hear god through a box? Then just as quickly, disappear? Did the same person try to shut both him and Cheyvonne up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe
Back