Chloroform in the trunk of caseys car

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was low on money. She had emptied the credit cards. What if she had a crazy plan to blame Zany the Nanny that she kidnapped the child and would put her in white slavery?
Either she planned on killing her, or it was an accident. She was going to somehow use the chloroform to setup the fake kidnapping. Something went wrong with her plan.

Now Caylee is dead, Casey has no money, Casey is in jail, and everyone knows about Caylee being missing, everyone knows Casey is a liar, and everyone knows Zany the Nanny is not real but a character out of a book.
This is just an idea.

OMG I never thought of this. What a devious yet wonderful mind you have.

This very well could be.

Then for what? To clean up the stain in the trunk? WHY else would LE release it?

edited to add, I am not trying to jump on you. I realized after I read it, that it sounded like I was! lol

Thanks for clarifying. I don't know if it had anything to do with her death but I don't think Casey was researching it or purchased it with the intent to kill Caylee. I think Casey had some pretty bad, new friends. I think she was working for some kind of drug ring. It would explain a lot, including her siezure.

Does anyone think that Casey is smart enough to make her own Chloroform even if she read the directions off the computer?

Something that has sounded a bit odd to me from the first day I heard it was George's use of the term "cleaning fluid". I can't think of any product I've had that I would refer to that way. For some reason, my mind kept jumping to lighter fluid instead (which you can use to clean/dissolve things).

Lighter fluid....gas cans. Would lighter fluid and/or gas + bleach produce a chloroform reaction, and if so, would it be enough to be termed "significant"?

Maybe y'all refer to your cleaning products as fluids? I don't. Liquids, yes...but I can't think of any I've ever had that I would refer to as fluids.

Maybe it's a northern US dialect thing, but yes, I refer to something solventy I'd use to remove stains with as "cleaning fluid," or maybe "stain remover."

If the lighter fluid you're referring to is charcoal starter, no, it wouldn't do a haloform reaction. I don't think cigarette lighter fluid would, either.

Does anyone think that Casey is smart enough to make her own Chloroform even if she read the directions off the computer?

Pfffft. The girl would wind up killing herself by accident trying something like that. I don't think she is the brightest bulb on the ol Christmas tree if ya know what I mean. :rolleyes:

I think you could be on to something. It also says it can be produced by mixing sweat, urine, etc with chlorine. I would love to see a pic of the trunk to see if there is discoloration. But that still wouldn't explain the internet search on the laptop.
Any news on the cadaver hit @ the airport?

Could be posted already, but if you go to desdemona has pics of the trunk on her myspace. I asked to be added so I don't remember if just anyone can see the pics. I will see if I can copy and post them here. Not sure how to get pics on this forum though. She has pics of them doing the search at the Anthony's and you can see this oval outline of flags near the playhouse.

Nevermind, I just went to the pics again and I didn't see this before but she added that they are not from CA car. SORRY

someone said earlier that tatoo parlors have chloroform. Things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm....................

I also found this:

WHAT IS CHLOROFORM?

Chloroform is a clear liquid with an ether-like odor and a slightly sweet taste. It is a naturally-occurring chemical, but most of the chloroform in the environment is man-made. Chloroform is a member of a group of chemicals called "trihalomethanes." It is used to make coolants, as a fumigant for grain, and as a dry cleaning spot remover.

What is interesting here is that it is used as a dry cleaning spot remover. I assume in dry cleaning spot remover. So what I am getting to is what if George used spot remover to try to clean something out of the trunk of the car. I guess Casey could have as well but I think she is too lazy to actually try to clean up anything.

This could possibly but George right in the thick of things as far as a cover-up goes.

Also, I can't find anything that says that you can mix enough urine and chlorine together to get enough chloroform to be a significant amount.

I think that if it was a significant amount it would have to be from some type of cleaning fluid (spot remover) vs bleach mixed with urine.

George did say that with the pizza experiment they forgot to add the cleaning product. We know that there was Arm and Hammer detergent in there but maybe subconsciously (sp) he told us that he cleaned the trunk of evidence.

I am beginning to think that George and Cindy or not in denial but in this up to their eyeballs.

This solidifies my theory more. She must have used chloroform to make Caylee sleep! I should have been an investigator!
Because I have said all along since day one, the baby was sleeping in the car and suffocated, when Casey was partying.
I was hoping, praying, I was wrong, but now that this came out it fits.
I have been saying that too but I thought it was a perscription med she was doping her with.
But nevertheless, she wanted to knock Caylee out, leaving her in the trunk because a child in the back seat would be easily detected, especially if she woke up.
She was doing this because she had no means to procure a "nanny."
Yes she wrote all those checks from Amy's account, but I suspect that those were written for daily needs like make up, toiletries, groceries. ( Tony did state that many a time he came home and she was fixing dinner) Hell, when he picked her up the day her car "ran out of gas" he found her standing outside the car with her arms full of groceries.
Mom Cindy was not an option to babysit anymore because she was basicly giving her the boot to make her grow up and start taking care of her resposibilites, namely Caylee. So far I have not seen any credible reports of a regular babysitter, other than a few friends that have watched her from time to time.
She lied over an over again and said Caylee was either with the nanny or with her Gram and Gramps, so what else can you conclude?

Pfffft. The girl would wind up killing herself by accident trying something like that. I don't think she is the brightest bulb on the ol Christmas tree if ya know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Exactly. College organic chem labs can have some horrible accidents, and even on a good day, not everyone manages to synthesize what they are trying for in any type of yield. And generally these guys are on the other side of the bell curve from Casey.

Look at how many meth labs explode. :eek: I just can't picture Casey pulling off a chloroform synthesis. Buying the stuff, yes.

Maybe it's a northern US dialect thing, but yes, I refer to something solventy I'd use to remove stains with as "cleaning fluid," or maybe "stain remover."

If the lighter fluid you're referring to is charcoal starter, no, it wouldn't do a haloform reaction. I don't think cigarette lighter fluid would, either.

Thanks, Petunia. I learned after marrying someone from Oregon/Seattle (I've been in NC all my life) that there are lots of different ways people refer to things in different areas of the country, so I wondered if that was just the case here.

I think something else that stuck out to me and made me curious was that, IIRC, it was actually some Arm & Hammer detergent, which I would assume would be laundry detergent. I wouldn't refer to that as fluid, but maybe someone else would. I did buy some A&H liquid spray cleaner once, and carpet sprinkles. I guess there are all sorts of possible formulations, but something seemed odd about it to me.

Thanks again! :blowkiss: Oh, and yes, I meant actual lighter fluid (like my folks used to fill their lighters with).

Chloroform is very short acting it could not be used for putting your kid to sleep while you party. It last minutes.
It can be lethal if you use too much. This is a 30 lb child we are talking about. She could have easily been given too much, and if the child were put in the trunk with insufficiant ventilation, she could have suffocated while under the influence.

I think that the combination of the release of news about the chloroform and the computer searches combined with the new charges indicates that LE is upping the ante, still hoping to get Casey to confess before filing what seem inevitable charges.

I'm also racking my brain to come up with any plausible reaction between urine and hypochlorite that would yield chloroform. Phosgene, yes. That urine/bleach reaction in the toilet others have alluded to smells nothing like chloroform. (Yes, I've been there, done that.) Chloroform has a pleasant smell.

I am glad that you posted because I could not find anything that specifically said that uring and bleach would product enough chloroform to do anything. They don't recommend pouring straight bleach in a toilet with urine but they said it was because it forms some kind of chlorine gas that is pretty strong. Not a scientist hear so bear with me if this doesn't make a lot of sense.

I am really sensitive to bleach and I can't even be inside the house with it when my hubby cleans the shower and toilets with it. It breaks me out and makes me really sick. Besides......it keeps me from having to clean the bathrooms!

The theories about Casey using the chloroform only to put Caylee to sleep but not to kill her....isn't that kinda silly to go thru ALL that trouble (researching online then finding a dealer who will sell it) for that? Why not just use Nyquil?

If it is found that Casey was responsible for the internet searches and the purchase/theft of the chloroform, I'm sure it was to kill someone, not to merely put them to sleep. Also, from what I gather, chloroform does not knock you out for the night like Nyquil. It only works for a few mins at a time. What would be a reason she would need to knock Caylee out for only a few mins at a time instead of the whole night?

Another question to throw out there about the chloroform....could one of her LE boyfriends gotten ahold of it for her?
I'm thinking this is a substance that was available to her somehow. I have seen it mentioned that it can be found in tatoo parlors???

Maybe this has been brought up...but given Casey likes of movies and books....

The Vanishing’ (U.S.) (R)
The Vanishing’ (U.S.) (R) By Desson ... he sets a stopwatch, pours chloroform into a handkerchief and places it over his face. Now meet Sutherland and girlfriend Sandra Bullock ...

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/movies/videos/thevanishingusrhowe_a0af68.htm · Cached page
Saw that movie...good one....another one I mentioned is "The Cider House Rules" where one of the characters fatally overdosed on it.

sorry if this has already been said; 'someone' knew that stain was a problem. This was the cleaning fluid GA AND CA were talking about. I might be remembering wrong but I'm thinking this might be why TN and FBI haven't talked about the stain and DNA.

Where the Hates did it come from? Totally a controlled substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot