Chloroform in the trunk of caseys car

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might help answer your question.

Thanks for the info. The reason I asked is because I remember in the interview of AL he mentions that he sometimes stays later at school for "lab". Was thinking that may have been where it possibly could have been obtained from. I guess time will tell.

People really should read this so I am going to keep bumping it up. I know everyone is into the bond thing right now.

Excellent confirmation...That will clear up a lot of the "it could have been" theories....concerning the chloroform. Thanks!

I really wish we knew exactly how Casey obtained pure chloroform. Do nurses have access? LE officers?

Do you think this rules out Casey making it from the pool chemicals herself?

He really makes it seem like it was a bottle of prepackaged chloroform - not some home made stuff.

Wow! Thats definitely significant then!

Do you think this rules out Casey making it from the pool chemicals herself?

He really makes it seem like it was a bottle of prepackaged chloroform - not some home made stuff.

Definitely my impression, too. Casey didn't strike me as someone who would make something that she could buy or steal.

On WESH they have a report (video wouldn't load tho) which state sources say it was Vapors of Chloroform that was found. This would change things. I guess we will have to wait until they get the report up tho.

Definitely my impression, too. Casey didn't strike me as someone who would make something that she could buy or steal.

I agree, and I think when everything is made public - we will see that she purchased this.

I really wish we knew exactly how Casey obtained pure chloroform. Do nurses have access? LE officers?

It doesn't appear to be anything they use. Apparently you can buy it cheaply over the internet.

she could have bought it online, or one of the many many many people we have seen her partying with could be into inhaling it and she got it from them. Probably stole it while they were high. Went home and researched. I think the context of those searches will really hurt her case.

I think the fact that her computer showed see was looking to where she could get chloroform, would mean that she had not used it before on Caylee. I really think that she just wanted to get rid of Caylee and thought the best way to do it without any blood anywhere was to use chloroform. It bothered me that they never found any blood anywhere especially in the trunk of the car, this would explain why.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17392699/detail.html

"I think it's as significant or more significant than finding decomposition products," chemist Jeff Flowers said.

Flowers has testified in state and federal court as an expert and said positive tests for vaporized chloroform mean those results could not have come from anything else -- not cleaning products, not human body fluids or a mixture of anything else. Flowers said it had to have been pure chloroform.

"It could not have come from a chemical reaction in the trunk. It's impossible. That solvent could knock out the driver of the car. It's a very dangerous thing to have that material in your car," Flowers said.

He also said that these kinds of tests to detect vaporized Chloroform are very common and admissible in court

--------------------------

Why cant LE arrest her???

Thanks, kathyn2, for this info.

It makes total sense because any supposed accidental mixture of chemicals would have other elements included in the analysis, ie., dish soap laundry soap, nail polish, etc..

Thanks, Kathyn2 - this morning that story was different & Dr. Flowers was explaining that liquid chloroform wouldn't necessarily mean anything, but vaporized would mean that pure chloroform had been present (rather than left as a byproduct of other chemicals mixing.)

Looks like they're confirming the presence of vapor, indeed. That's major.

Chloroform is used in traditional developing of film and one of Casey's hobbies was photography.

I would have thought, considering her age, she would be more interested in digital photog, but , maybe not.

Didn't she work in the Kodak area of Universal, when she actually worked there??

Chloroform is used in traditional developing of film and one of Casey's hobbies was photography.

I would have thought, considering her age, she would be more interested in digital photog, but , maybe not.

Didn't she work in the Kodak area of Universal, when she actually worked there??

I was just about to ask that, if maybe there was a connection with her avid photography...btw,,,,she did mention that she once worked at Universal at the kodak thing. Now also she GOT into Universal by telling the guards that "she lost her ID"..........HMmmmmm wonder if there was any other time casey got into Universal to get to the Kodak Bldg

I was thinking that chloroform would be pretty easy to find at Universal. It's used straight in many industrial applications - degreasing, for one. If she spent a lot of time there (working or not) and was friends with other workers, she could easily have access to storage areas and bays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat