Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But at least they'll have chance now. Assuming JP doesn't get them back.
LE has something they're just fleshing out ,on Josh and I just know they do not want those boys to go back to that home. I bet they work overtime tonight to make that happen.

That JP is also being investigated re: the child *advertiser censored*, etc. indicates, in my opinion, they are determined to get him one way or the other.

And at least now Susan's parents can have a some quality time with their grandchildren.

Thankfully!

MOO

305895260-27151342.jpg

307356440-27151346.jpg

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-josh-powell-custody-trial-sept-27-20110927,0,3480335.photogallery

Josh does not look well at all. I wonder if he has slept since the Topaz dig started? So glad the boys are out of that house, hope the judge sees in their favor and awards them to the Coxes.

That is the face of a suicide waiting to happen, folks.

I think Josh would want to run and/or hurt the kids in desperation. He looks like he is about to snap.

And Josh is still wearing his wedding ring in those photos?!?!?!

:sick::sick::sick:

I hope LE has enough to arrest him for something very soon, as I'm sure that's the last thing they'd want him to get away with.

I think Josh would want to run and/or hurt the kids in desperation. He looks like he is about to snap.

I've been so worried about that. I think the judge will be smart enough to pick up on his emotional state and make the right decision with respect to the boys.

I'm telling you guys...something is eating at his soul. You can see it. Let's say that even if he didn't do the deed, and his dad was the big ole mastermind behind Susan being gone - JP needs to tell what he knows and do it soon or he will harm himself or others. His biggest support system is in jail, he's got no job, probably no friends on the 'outside', and will lose his children. Confession is a good meal, and he needs to pull up to the table and take a big bite.

Mountain kat, I have had the same thought-he looks like he is at the end of his rope. His head has to be reeling w the news that he is under investigation, god and every body knows about the daddy o, the 15 puters, no money, no wife and the search for Susan. He has to know his daddy o will sell him out, the poor kids will be able to talk now-bless their lil hearts- his situation is fubar. . . .MissJames, your siggy- I feel so much empathy for you dear! My son survived and is totally unrecognizable, we never saw it coming. My heart goes out to you as the 10 minutes I just knew he was dead were beyond comprehension for me.

I am wondering if the boys will remember grandma and grandpa.
If they are afraid tonight.
Those poor little ones have allot of counseling, IMO.
No mommy, no daddy and now everything is new to them again.
2 years is a long time to children. JMOO

I've been so worried about that. I think the judge will be smart enough to pick up on his emotional state and make the right decision with respect to the boys.

I'm telling you guys...something is eating at his soul. You can see it. Let's say that even if he didn't do the deed, and his dad was the big ole mastermind behind Susan being gone - JP needs to tell what he knows and do it soon or he will harm himself or others. His biggest support system is in jail, he's got no job, probably no friends on the 'outside', and will lose his children. Confession is a good meal, and he needs to pull up to the table and take a big bite.

I guess it's possible the judge was ready to rule on the custody issue, but looking at JP felt it best not to, right at that moment. Perhaps the judge, thinking that another day might lead to more developments, decided it prudent to wait. Especially since the status quo is the Coxes have custody per the State.

Also possible the judge wants to speak directly to the police and/or the DA's office about whether they plan to arrest the little dirtbag ...er, JP within the next day or two? Fearing perhaps that, as suggested, he may be less danger to himself and others if confined.

As I think about it, I think all these are very real possibilities of what happened in that courtroom today.

It would be a terrible shame for him to go without revealing where Susan is. One for which he would I am sure rot in the deepest depths of Hell for all eternity.

The thought has even crossed my mind that Josh might not have intended for him or the boys to return from the midnight camping trip.

(shakes thought from mind)

I'm just SO RELIEVED that those precious boys are safe with the Coxes right now!

The judge today turned up the heat under the pressure cooker. Look out one of the Powell men is going to blow!

So are the boys with them or not?? Chuck said he didn't have them earlier... are they going to wait until tomorrow to get them? I am confused...

I guess it's also possible that Chuck said he did not have them, fearing that Josh might show up.

I wonder about having Jennifer come and testify. Josh said he had NO indication that Steve was into *advertiser censored* of ANY kind... but it was common knowledge! Have Jennifer testify to that fact, just for starters.
Plus, neighbors who saw Josh's tantrum after they took the kids....
Among others...

And Josh is still wearing his wedding ring in those photos?!?!?!

:sick::sick::sick:

OH BARF -- after telling the public that she ran off with another man? After grampy said she was very sexual?

Those 2 are &*$*)#@*$).

MOO

Mel

I have no idea where I read this and cannot provide a link but I remember reading somewhere that they both were observed taking pictures at one of the parks?

I read that too. A neighbor apparently said they would see them at the park with the boys, taking pictures of other kids. Anyone have a link?

Which is all the more reason creepo should not have the kids. I just know he'll take them with him.

I think I remember Dori Monson (local radio talk show host) saying that neighbors of the Powells had emailed him saying that Steve and either Josh or one of the uncles were taking pictures of kids in the park. Sorry, my memory is a little fuzzy.

As far as the custody battle goes, I just don't see how the judge could give the kids back to Josh until he obtains separate housing and a means of supporting himself.

Chief's concern for Powell children

He recounted that when West Valley police arrived at their home last month to serve their search warrant, the children were playing in the yard.

The children apparently knew one of the female Pierce County sheriff's deputies.

The other officers present said it almost "emotional" how the two boys sprinted to the deputy when they saw her and gave her a big hug,
Nielsen said. :cry:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17426938

Pressure cooker anyone???? *sizzle*

West Valley Police Chief Thayle "Buzz" Nielsen admits he takes the case of missing mother Susan Cox Powell very personally.

"I promised (Chuck Cox) that we would do everything that is humanly possible, that we just wouldn't give it up,"
he said of his vow to Susan's father to resolve the case.

In a sit down interview with Nielsen in his office Tuesday, the chief used phrases like being "in the fourth quarter" and the "tipping point" when describing where the investigation into Susan's disappearance is now at.

"We're right here on the verge of this. We get through the evidence in that trailer, I'm greatly optimistic we will be ... oh man, all that hard work is paying off I think,"
he told the Deseret News.

Josh Powell also recently said in an interview that he would be willing to talk to the FBI but not to West Valley police.

In the coming days, Nielsen said his department plans to draft a letter personally inviting Josh Powell to sit down with the FBI and his department will take care of the expenses. :floorlaugh:

As for the "Monday morning armchair quarterbacks," Nielsen said he has told his investigators to mostly ignore them.

"They don't know that we've got more stuff than they can even imagine,"
the chief said.

When asked whether the public search of Ely was also meant to "shake the trees" of potential suspects to see how they'd react, Nielsen admitted that was a small part of their motives.

"Whatever we say here today, Josh will be reading tomorrow,"
he said.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17426938

Is it unauthorized name calling if I say he's a huge hypocrite IMO?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=17423073
Josh Powell frequently came near tears during Tuesday's hearing, breaking up as he described how the boys sat on his lap and hugged him during a visit supervised by CPS on Monday. He also grew emotional as he described the failure of the "general public" to look for his wife: "That, your honor, is deeply hurtful to me."

I can see why it would be, seeing as how he has worn himself out relentlessly putting out flyers, organizing fundraisers for searches, pounding on LE's door asking for news, pleading after pleading for information about the fate of his missing wife. :waitasec:

I'm not sure what the general public is supposed to do in his opinion. Since she ran away with SK with no indication where they might have gone, where would we search? Just give us a hint, Josh, a starting point, then we can do a better job searching.

Not sure what the alleged indifference of the general public has to do with the custody case anyway. How does it help to show he's able to ensure the best interests of his children?

Powell countered that he's a good, loving father; that the children are not at risk; and that they've never been exposed to *advertiser censored* of any kind. He also made clear that his family would not be posting bail for his father, and that if Steve Powell somehow managed to return home, Josh Powell would take the boys and stay at a hotel.

"There is no clear and present danger to my sons," he said.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44690664/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/#.ToK9UqN5mSM

How is he planning to pay for an extended hotel stay?

Well, since I am an eternal optimist :loser:, I think the pictures of Josh a couple posts up show he has somewhat of a conscience and will break soon. With dad in jail now, and knowing the police are looking for ANYTHING to bring him in like his dad, his days are numbered. And he knows it.

Now, of course, how he looks now is how he should have looked back when Susan went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau