Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
They read stories, played games and the boys really warmed up to them quickly, Jennifer Graves said. "They were really happy to see us."
14 seconds ago

How nice. :)

My attention is more on the judge - why did she want to keep researching this? It's an obvious point to me, considering minors are involved.

She said no. Then the media called their lawyers.

I must have missed this yesterday:

Chuck Cox's attorney, Steve Downing, told the court he believes Josh Powell doesn't want the children with anyone else for fear they will share what they know. The attorney said that at one point when the children were with their grandparents, one of the boys pointed to a picture of a woman on a magazine, pointed to her chest and said "Mommy, owie."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/29318351/detail.html

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Jennifer Graves, Josh's sister, said she and her husband visited with her missing sister-in-laws boys last night.
1 minute ago

Brooke Adams
Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
They read stories, played games and the boys really warmed up to them quickly, Jennifer Graves said. "They were really happy to see us."
1 minute ago

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Jennifer Graves said she thinks the Coxes should be the ones to have custody of the children.
22 seconds ago

http://twitter.com/#!/Brooke4Trib

I so agree. I love it when they can livestream a hearing, but FGS, don't keep so many people waiting, especially Chuck. He's waited long enough.
A ruling only takes and dang minute. Get on with it Judge and KIRO.

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Jennifer Graves: "I believe the boys will be in a better place if they are not with Josh right now."

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Jennifer Graves said Josh's assertion the children don't know the Coxes or her family is "ridiculous."

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Jennifer Graves said she and her husband came to Utah to support the Coxes.
15 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Jennifer Graves, who lives in Utah, said the boys were "over at our house almost weekly. The idea they don't know us is silly."
50 seconds ago

Of course once she rules on the cameras it will be lunch time!!!

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Chuck Cox spoke to the Tribune briefly, said of the boys: "They're with us and they're doing fine."

Yay! :)

I must have missed this yesterday:

Chuck Cox's attorney, Steve Downing, told the court he believes Josh Powell doesn't want the children with anyone else for fear they will share what they know. The attorney said that at one point when the children were with their grandparents, one of the boys pointed to a picture of a woman on a magazine, pointed to her chest and said "Mommy, owie."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/29318351/detail.html

Thank you so much for that link, epiphany!

I knew I saw that recently but couldn't recall where.

fran

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Asked if the boys had inquired about their dad, Graves said "They mentioned something, but we just tried to not go into that kind of thing."

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Jennifer Graves: "We need to figure out the truth."

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Jennifer Graves, Josh's sister, said it was "sad that it's come to this." She believes Josh is responsible for his wife's disappearance.

"Pick your battles" is absolutely right! Just let it go and get on with it!

However, I would like for SP to be able to watch a newsreel of the judge ruling those boys are to go live with the Coxes permanently. That would be priceless. He could play it over and over in his mind every night as he tries to fall asleep on his hard bunk in his tiny cell with a big snoring guy right above him.

I so hope the boys will end up with the Coxes, it seems it would be a much healthier environment for them.

DNewsCrimeTeam DNews Crime Team
Graves said that could mean the boys would occasionally be brought back to Utah to see their cousins.
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Graves believes there is a good chance Chuck and Judy Cox will get custody. She says she and her husband would also help with the boys.
5 minutes ago

Jennifer Graves says said Susan Powell's sons spent the night with her and the Cox family playing games and reading stories.
6 minutes ago

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Jennifer Graves also said she and her husband are willing to take custody of the boys, ages 6 and 4, if necessary.

Does anyone think it is possible the judge is stalling for time? Maybe for an arrest warrant against JP? Or am I just guilty of magical wishful thinking?

You know, JP always had his dad to fall back on. Even if it was with a phone call. Can you just imagine his frustration and concern right now? I mean his kids are with the Coxes, what will they say?

He's sweating bullets, right about now. And the MSM's are helping because they want to view the hearing. I bet the judge is questioning this because JP PROBABLY complained about the cameras.

LOL, JP better forgetaboutit! He listened to his dad and now look what a stew he AND his dad are in!

just sayin'
fran

Just arrived. So they recessed to make a decision about cameras being in the courtroom? TIA

KevinKIRO Kevin McCarty
Here's the deal: All coverage may be excluded for portions of the Cox/Powell case. Other parts may be open. Lawyers on it. More by 11:30

While the delay is frustrating, I am hoping that they allow the stream....I say the more pressure and media attention all up in JP's face will push him over the edge. Susan needs to be found and those boys need to be right where they are at now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487