Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in a typical custody battle, the one with the most financial resources wins?

Not always. My ex had me in court 13 times in one year for custody. He had a lot more money than I had. The children had to go to a counselor and so did we. My ex went one time. The counselor made a recommendation to the court and the children's statements were considered. I wasn't privy to any of that and was not allowed to ask them.

I won without a lawyer.

He looks tired and a has some bags under his eyes, which to me indicates he might not be sleeping well?

Good. (I can be very nasty that way, sorry. I'm a work in progress so hopefully I'll move past being snotty one day?)

Does anyone know who the two women behind Josh are? Is the one with her hand over her mouth his other sister?

Just taking a guess, but it may be Mr Cox's sister in the glasses. I think I read an article earlier that stated she was present and I do think her eyes and brows look like Mr C's. fwiw and jmo.

He looks tired and a has some bags under his eyes, which to me indicates he might not be sleeping well?

Good. (I can be very nasty that way, sorry. I'm a work in progress so hopefully I'll move past being snotty one day?)

He is showing the stress. Has been for a while. I hope getting him away from his father will take him to his breaking point. He seems to lean on his dad for every decision. imo

Too bad he can visit him at the jail! I hope SP brags a lot in jail. Someone in there just might want to make a deal!

<snipped>

Notice Josh's right hand.

Yeah, I see it. To me this is the pic of a man in the throws of self-righteous indignation, hell-bent on revenge. "if you thwart me, you will pay."

My opinion only

I'm a work that's almost finished, and I feel the same way. We can try, but we cannot change who we are. :cow:

I'm really glad his visitation is supervised. Really, really glad. It's getting colder at night here in Utah and you know what Josh does when it's cold out-- midnight camping trips. So, at least the boys will be safe.

Does anyone know when the permanent custody hearing date will be set, or if it has been set yet?

Just stopping in to offer a prayer that the boys are waking up this morning feeling safer. I'm so thrilled they're with their grandparents. I was so worried, but now they can start on the long road to healing.

Kudos to Chuck and Judy Cox for fighting the good fight for their grandchildren. It must have been very hard, and I admire them tremendously.

I'm really glad his visitation is supervised. Really, really glad. It's getting colder at night here in Utah and you know what Josh does when it's cold out-- midnight camping trips. So, at least the boys will be safe.

Does anyone know when the permanent custody hearing date will be set, or if it has been set yet?

November 15 is the next status hearing

These little boys will no doubt see pics of their Mom, pics of her with them and it will be obvious how happy they are. It is quite possible that anything that has been said to them will come out - as in she was bad because she went to church that has been reported. So I am sure the grandparents have been coached on how to handle this - and will teach them a loving way to look at things rather than a negative one. They will learn by example but it will take time, patience, and unconditional love which I am confident they are receiving. Although he makes me sick, it may be a good thing that they get to see their father, no matter what, they love him and unless/until he is arrested, they need to know he didn't just disappear - run off, etc.

As much as I want justice for Susan, I want a stable and loving life for her boys - and I'm sure that would be first on her list too.

You're welcome. I hope I can be helpful and not confusing!

This is atrocious. Simply gross. I'll say I don't have a problem teaching little kids the birds and the bees in an age appropriate manner, but you know this horrible person just showed them a *advertiser censored* book, or something.

I'm sorry, but he is just one sick, sick, person. You can see that he was terribly twisted by what his father did to him and made to hate women. Then, he was allowed to do that to his own kids.

But regarding custody, it looks like the younger ones were placed with mom and the older ones with SP after they wrote declaration or spoke with the court about how bad their mom was and how much they wanted to be with their dad.

Also, while we read these allegations as fact (and I am positive they are), the court does not. They read them as allegations and then just decide who is more truthful. Parties to a divorce often come up with incredible allegations but if the other side says it's not true and if the kids don't back up the allegations, it can be hard to prevail. Maybe the kids didn't back up the allegations at first? Or couldn't remember them?

The thing is, the smaller ones may have been too young to remember. And maybe the 11 year old was sent to live with mom but the teens with dad due to the teens' strong feelings and/or the feeling by the judge that they were old enough to protect themselves from whatever SP was capable of.

IIRC, JP wrote a scathing declaration against his mom, was given to his dad but then moved back with his mom at one point, telling the court that she was great and could provide him what he needed.

In any event, it is certainly easy to see that any decision allowing SP to have custody at any time was a horrible decision. I'm thinking much of the damage was already done by then, though. The kids were probably subjected to his insanity for years prior to the divorce.

All I know is that this is what generational parental alienation looks like. SP was twisted into the monster he is by his dad's act, he did the same to his kids and then JP tried to do the same with his (listen to the last websleuths radio broadcast for more on that!). Maybe his attempt to drive a wedge between the boys and their mom didn't work so well. So, he did the next best thing and murdered her.

These people are horribly messed up. SP sounds almost psychotic in his hatred of women and the Mormon church. JP is as monstrous or worse than his father.

I sincerely hope that the Coxes' attorneys grab every bit of info they can, from JP's family and old court records, from people who knew Susan and JP together, everything they can find, and submit it to the person evaluating joshie.

I have been through enough of these evaluations to know that the people taking them can omit any information they think would be harmful to them, denying the evaluator the opportunity to see the complete picture of who the person is. Having collaterals send in information, and preparing a package with as much evidence as possible for the evaluator is invaluable.

JP is going to be taking the MMPII, a psych eval test. But the test results are subjective. They are open to interpretation by the psychologist. If JP is not forthcoming in his responses, extra info can help to paint the total picture. If he is accidentally forthcoming but manages to charm the psychologist or make him or her feel sorry for him, extra info can change any first impressions the psychologist may have and allow them to see the big picture. Hmmm. Maybe I will stick my nose in and send an e-mail to the Coxes' attorney. I am one of the only attorneys I know who prepares the clients so intensively for these things. So who knows, maybe my advice would prove helpful?

BBM

Well said, and based on my own experience, spot on! I'm glad you brought up the parental alienation aspect, which has really been nagging at me in reading about this case, and which is often misunderstood, even within the mental health profession. Psychological exams can have any number of outcomes. Not sure what tests JP will take, but sometimes evaluators are only looking for the worst potential issues - psychosis and the like. I wouldn't be surprised if JP's results all fell within normal limits, or if only minor issues came to light. I do hope the Coxes are well-prepared for any possible outcome and am keeping them in my prayers.

Yay ! Back from FL and woke up to this news this morning ! I am so glad the Cox's have won temporary custody of the boys ! I hope it is made permanent, it is the best place for those boys, imho............................

Good morning, Joshy! How'd ya sleep? :)

Badly, I hope. May his anger eat him alive and his dreams be filled with visions of Susan.

I know that's an awful thing to say, but he needs to purge his conscience and bring closure to his sons and Susan's family.

I read SusanPowell.org and could not believe my eyes! I take it SP wrote the site and spoke of himeself in the 3party. What I dont understand is that jenniefer his bio daughter? He acts likes she is a villian and visa versa. Ive been out of it with gallbladder surgery so forgive me if this is not correct but I just wanted to say IMO that web site appears to be a futile attempt at smoke and mirrors and also I saw a letter somewhere with all these suggestions for a wild goose chase to connect the dots between her and that other missing man. Nowadays there is a paper trail if Susan knew that man someone else would almopst have to know about it. Girls talk ! especially about beaus. Has anyone else suggested this possible connection or is this purely the imigination of who I think it is?

Respectfully sniped for focus-

All I know is that this is what generational parental alienation looks like. SP was twisted into the monster he is by his dad's act, he did the same to his kids and then JP tried to do the same with his (listen to the last websleuths radio broadcast for more on that!). Maybe his attempt to drive a wedge between the boys and their mom didn't work so well. So, he did the next best thing and murdered her.

You nailed it Gitana1, even after moving away from his Dad, Josh couldn't escape all that generational dysfunction. You're right also in saying that the damage was probably done early in childhood.

Thank the lord those two boys have been taken away. Hopefully that horrible cycle will END with Josh. I want justice for Susan, but more than that, I want her boys to be healthy and unscathed all of this.

I have no doubt that Susan, had she been given more time, would have left Josh and done everything in her power to protect and shield the boys from the Powell family. I hope LE breaks the case prior to the November custody hearing, as I'm not confident that somehow Josh will regain custody
icon9.gif

I read SusanPowell.org and could not believe my eyes! I take it SP wrote the site and spoke of himeself in the 3party. What I dont understand is that jenniefer his bio daughter? He acts likes she is a villian and visa versa. Ive been out of it with gallbladder surgery so forgive me if this is not correct but I just wanted to say IMO that web site appears to be a futile attempt at smoke and mirrors and also I saw a letter somewhere with all these suggestions for a wild goose chase to connect the dots between her and that other missing man. Nowadays there is a paper trail if Susan knew that man someone else would almopst have to know about it. Girls talk ! especially about beaus. Has anyone else suggested this possible connection or is this purely the imigination of who I think it is?

Pure imagination and throwing the scent off of the true POI. There is absolutely NO connection between Steve Koecher. LE has completely debunked this idea because of NO evidence; and the Koecher family has said that the idea is ludicrous

Finished reading yesterdays comments and tweets along with video of the hearing. Good call by the judge, there's no reason to keep the children awawy from their grandparents.

My over-riding thought/feeling was JP wanted to keep the kids away from people for his protection, probably because they witnessed something. I noticed in the video he was reading notes when he asked for no-disparaging remarks etc.

Didn't want the Cox to be the placement couple...Hrmmmph

Josh made the offer to speak to the F.B.I. and "Buzz" the sheriff took him up on it. Get to it Josh, he's called you out.

Kudos to the Judge for giving Susans parents custody. After watching the video in the media thread from GMA this morning, I was even more creeped out by JP and what he was exposing these boys to on a daily basis.

Josh looks awful. He always seems to have that 'deer in headlights' look, but his dark circles and zombie-ish demeanor is getting worse. What I don't quite get is that even tho his appearance, lack of mannerisms and lack of emotion indicate something is not right, he was answering the questions in complete sentences with no advice from anyone. He knew what he wanted to say and he said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3