Cindy Anthony Says Someone Hacked Her Email Account *REVISITED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe this whole thing is a defense regarding all the photos, searches ect. on KCs computer. They are wanting people to believe that none of them did those searches..they have been hacked.
If people are going to have an email address that they let anybody and everybody know about then they should have an additional email address that is private and only their best friends and family know about. I do that and I bet I am not the only one.
I never send anyone any personal info on my general email account that I give on my website, ect.
If CA did that it seems very strange to me when she goes out of her way to keep family secrets hidden.

Thanks so much, TigerBalm! I hate it that I made that mistake! I appreciate you calling it to my attention.

:)

Wasn't there additional bad blood between Kathi's station and the case? Who got thrown out of the Baez press conference the day of Casey's indictment?

I did think Kathi and Cindy were estranged prior to the hair brush/Garrison email so maybe we are both wrong? :confused:

EDITED TO ADD:No, there was definitely problems between Kathi's station and Cindy before the hairbrush episode. It wasn't Kathi tossed from the presser, it was her colleague. http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/10/local-televisio.html

Hacking into someone's yahoo e-mail account is as simple as guessing their password.

With the Anthony's various user names being made public through the media, I would think Cindy would know better than to leave sensitive subjects available for any hacker to read in her yahoo mailbox.

And if you don't know that, knowing DOB and other personal info - you have to answer a question or two that the person made when they set the account up. Not that I would ever do this, I know this cause someone close to me had their account "hijacked" once and this is how they were told it happened.

Thanks so much, TigerBalm! I hate it that I made that mistake! I appreciate you calling it to my attention.

:)

You are welcome! No problem, with all the information in this case, it is hard to keep everything straight at times.

:blowkiss:

Wasn't there additional bad blood between Kathi's station and the case? Who got thrown out of the Baez press conference the day of Casey's indictment?

I did think Kathi and Cindy were estranged prior to the hair brush/Garrison email so maybe we are both wrong? :confused:

Yep, that was WFTV that JB threw out of his office on the day of the big murder arrest, it wasn't specifically Kathi though. That is one station/group of people I would NOT want to be on the bad side of!!

My understanding is that emails from Cindy's inbox/files were fwded to media. I don't think Cindy would do that herself, so I believe a hack.

just because cindy wouldn't do that herself doesn't mean someone else w/access to her computer/password wouldnt. Maybe a LOVING husband?

why wouldnt the hacker send all the emails? Why just those 4 specific ones? Why not send them to tons of people? If your going to hack, then hack everything and make it known.

Good point.

Originally Posted by ElizaAvalon
I think Dominic Casey is bluffing.

Yahoo mail IPs only trace to the ISP, not to the user's actual IP. When I send mail from my Yahoo account, the IP that shows up as the sender IP is that of my Internet Service Provider. It is not my IP. It's not even in the same town that I live in.

He thinks he hit a person in Ocala, but that's probably just where the ISP is located

What this means is that most people use an ISP (Internet Service Provider like Cox, Yahoo, AOL, etc) that gives each computer (or each home network if a few computers are running on a home network) an IP number. IP means Internet Protocol. That IP can be traced back to the place (home) where that computer is.

Yahoo uses one IP for almost everyone. Usually in New York. If you use Yahoo mail, it can not be traced back to the computer of where the email came from. It will be traced back to Yahoo. (Email bounces from your computer to Yahoo then to who you're sending it to) I think law enforcement might be able to trace it to the originating computer but lots of people use Yahoo and Yahoo mail because it's pretty untraceable.

The admins of this site get a IP from everyone who posts. Usually that IP (when looked up) will give the general location of where the poster is posting from. LE would be able to get the exact address.

A few weeks ago a young man killed himself while on a forum. The Moderator there gave LE his IP address and they were able to go to his house and find his body. If he'd been using Yahoo I don't think they'd have been able to find him.

Hope that made sense!

Moderators did nothing for the young man's death; they mocked him. It was users who found his home address and phone number and posted them online that alerted people to his location.

Otherwise, right on!

It's very easy to "hack" a yahoo account. Too easy.

EDITED TO ADD:No, there was definitely problems between Kathi's station and Cindy before the hairbrush episode. It wasn't Kathi tossed from the presser, it was her colleague. http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/10/local-televisio.html

I had thought there was also but I was thinking of the wrong reporter and wrong incident on inditement day!

:confused:...... Actually, I think Cindy has probably had a problem with everyone!

Thanks for the link, tippytoes!

What if the emails really had damning info in them. Kathy said she sent them to the FBI because of the hacking. She could have called cindy, and cindy sid OMG I was hacked so then kathy could have just deleted them. Maybe this was payback for the way cindy has treated kathy. Oh FBI ...poor cindy was hack, please try and find the person who did this..oh and BTW here are very damning emails to prove she was hacked. cough cough.
think cindy was mad kathy sent them to the FBI?
It's not Channel 9 that Cindy has to worry about - K Belich preserved her privacy and forwarded the hacked emails to LE.

Cindy should be worried about who else may see those emails - they could turn up online somewhere.

mabey it was the reporters who did the hacking ? or anyone else that crossed paths with cindy.. the a's seem to have TONS of people that hate them .. i dont think cindy made this up .i wouldnt doubt one bit someone is trying to help cindys charges along ... they feel cindy is screwing up the investigation so they are gonna make sure she pays for it .

This is so true. This happened to me once while trying to snoop on one of my teens, (I know, not one of my prouder moments). But it did send an email reporting the change of password. So if CA knew she was "locked out" of her account, wouldn't she have seen this message then and known there was a problem? Yet, she thought nothing of it until contacted by the media?
If the hacker changed her password, Cindy wouldn't have been able to read the email sent by yahoo.

It's not Channel 9 that Cindy has to worry about - K Belich preserved her privacy and forwarded the hacked emails to LE.

Cindy should be worried about who else may see those emails - they could turn up online somewhere.
how did everyone find out about the emails in the first place ? i havnt been reading alot on this so i am curious

how did everyone find out about the emails in the first place ? i havnt been reading alot on this so i am curious
Kathi Belich from Channel 9 received a series of emails forwarded from Cindy's account.

She could tell by the sensitive nature of their content that something was amiss and text-messaged Cindy immediately to notify her.

Cindy may not have found out she was hacked until she tried to login to her yahoo account and discovered she'd been locked out.

just because cindy wouldn't do that herself doesn't mean someone else w/access to her computer/password wouldnt. Maybe a LOVING husband?

Yeah that has crossed my mind too Robin, but with Lee. I think George would be too scared.;)

oooooooo, I like the way you think!

Do you think Cindy is furious with kathy for forwarding the emails to the FBI?
maybe cindy was hoping kathy would just delete them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spamyspam
Back