Cindy & George on TODAY SHOW 10/22/08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand your point here but have my own views as to how I would and have handled similarities in this situation.

At one time I related to Cindy. I no longer do that. When Cindy was pushing Casey to do the right thing, I understood that. That's where the similarities end. I saw my daughter not doing the things that I felt should be done in the well being of my grandson. Now I am raising him instead. I will never excuse her actions and I certainly will never enable her actions as Cindy has done for Casey.

If anything happened to my grandson and I thought for a moment my daughter was at fault... You betcher sweet badonkadonk that I WILL hold her accountable. I would be in pieces and broken, but I would never lie for her. My grand baby deserves much better than that... and so does Caylee.

Snipped

Bless you is all I can say. I know how hard it is raising a 2 year old, I can't imagine how much harder it is thinking at one point you paid your dues and raised your child and were done. Nothing but respect to you for keeping your eyes wide open where your grandson is concerned and doing the best thing for him.

ETA...I often wonder how many here have kids. It's ovious I do b/c of my hat. Sometimes I can almost tell who doesn't here by their words.

Ok...I'll ask again...if they have this loving relationship with their daughter, how come they haven't visited her? Nothing would stop me from seeing my daughter if I believed in her innocence. Guess, that's just me.

It could be because Casey doesn't want them there. I believe they have to be on her guest list to visit.

Because they are too busy running around New York!

Guess they got a nice little paid vacation, free airfare, hotel, meals.
They could have appeared by satellite, but nooooooooo.

It could be because Casey doesn't want them there. I believe they have to be on her guest list to visit.

Hm..I remember when the A's planned visits before KC would deny them. We haven't heard that, just that she hasn't had any visitors. I'm sure JB told them not to visit.

You and I are cut from the same cloth - my daughter is 19 living with her boyfriend and I talk to her all the time about NO children - but what would happen? I would care for the child and my daughter - the difference between Casey and my daughter, my daughter has a sense of responsibliltiy - she has never been the type to go out and party and has never been to a club because she doesn't like them - but just the same I would care for her and the baby - my 17 yr old is completely different - she loves to go to clubs for her age, concerts, etc. She, if had a child, could go either way but still I would care for her and her baby.

IF, and a big IF, my daughters were to do anything to harm their child or a child - I would be the first to cry with them, plead with them and then throw their behinds behind bars -I'd get them the best defense attorney and support their rehabilitation - I would NOT lie for them or make excuses for them - no matter how much it destroyed me - because for them to fail in life would destroy me enough

I understand your point here but have my own views as to how I would and have handled similarities in this situation.

I have one child, a daughter, 19. She and her son, 2, are living with me and my husband. I am raising my grandson. I care for him, bathe him, clothe him, feed him, give him support - financially and emotionally. He is my entire world. I raise him as my own, as my daughter is young and hasn't found her way in life yet. She was 16 when she got pregnant with him. Yes, mistakes happen. Her life is now going into a direction, much like Casey's, with a self serving attitude. She's not in the club scene since we do not live in a largely populated town with clubs but she does feel obligated to hang out with single friends who have no children which doesn't include taking him with her.

I deeply see that a child in her life was a burden due to her age and newly grown wings, wanting to be free, but I NEVER excused her actions. She loves her son, but she is just too young to properly raise him. And before anyone goes off into a 'adoption/abortion' discussion, we won't go there.

At one time I related to Cindy. I no longer do that. When Cindy was pushing Casey to do the right thing, I understood that. That's where the similarities end. I saw my daughter not doing the things that I felt should be done in the well being of my grandson. Now I am raising him instead. I will never excuse her actions and I certainly will never enable her actions as Cindy has done for Casey.

You can't FORCE someone to take responsibility if they're not mentally and emotionally prepared for it. I can say this case has caused me to take a different look at my own life and the best life for my grandson. I do what I do in order to keep my daughter from resenting her son, as it appears that Casey has done with Caylee.

If anything happened to my grandson and I thought for a moment my daughter was at fault... You betcher sweet badonkadonk that I WILL hold her accountable. I would be in pieces and broken, but I would never lie for her. My grand baby deserves much better than that... and so does Caylee.

Guess they got a nice little paid vacation, free airfare, hotel, meals.
They could have appeared by satellite, but nooooooooo.

They have been working hard answering the tip line phones don't ya know, they need a vacation? I wonder who is manning the lines while they frolic in NYC?

I feel bad for them. I wouldn't want to be in there shoes for anything. I hope Caylee is alive and will be found. If she is dead, I hope GA and CA will be able to overcome this horrible experience. As loudly as I can say it, "There is nothing that can be done to change what has already happened." So I hope they can be at peace with it so they have some sort of future.
My heart breaks for the whole family, even Casey.

ETA...I often wonder how many here have kids. It's ovious I do b/c of my hat. Sometimes I can almost tell who doesn't here by their words.

I have three grown girls. My middle child is one week older than KC.
No grand kids yet - but I can't wait.

My problem with C&G is that, if they know something..... if they have first hand knowledge that Caylee is in trouble, etc. - why are they not letting the FBI help?? Do they really think that their PI is better than our FBI?
There is no explanation except they don't want Caylee found... imo.

YellowDog, FWIW and speaking only for myself, I NEVER said that is is wrong for them to love both Caylee and Casey. Only this, Caylee should, I would think be their #1 priority, and it does not come across that way. There is NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING that may kids could do to make me stop loving them, but that doesn't mean that I would lie for them, cover up for them or uphold them in any way if God forbid I was ever faced with something like this. I would even be there for them when they needed me, but I in no way would put Casey before the Grandchild that I believe she killed and IMO that is what they are doing. You may feel differently and that's fine. And before someone tells me that I don't know what I would do in this position unless I was in it, (and I thankfully haven't) I Do Know that I would come down on the side of my Precious Innocent, Beloved Grandchild....and still love my child. What's wrong with that?

Children cannot always protect themselves. They rely on the adults to protect them. Caylee's mother obviously did not protect her. So how can ANYONE believe this is a "good mom."? When your children grow up, there comes a time when you have to let go and let them sink or swim on their own. Cindy and George have not done that with Casey. Casey also has to be adult enough to take responsibility for her own actions and it's more than clear that she doesn't, won't and expects her parents to do it.

BTW, the defense attorney has no obligation to tell the parents anything. His client is Casey, not George and Cindy. He is prevented by atty-client privilege from sharing ANYTHING with Cindy and Gaorge without Casey's approval.

Not always. Most times when they have such a documented case, the best thing the attorney can do is try to get the DA to accept a deal with lesser charges. When an attorney doesn't do that, they risk the most harsh sentence in all the cases being run one right after the other rather than together.

That's what I thought, I'm starting to wonder if Baez truly is a narcissist. He doesn't seem to be acting in his clients best interest.

I just watched the video, and no surprises there. Cindy and George maintain the party line.

I'm disappointed that no one is willing to ask Cindy and George some hardball questions. Someone needs to nail them down on the date of the party pictures, showing that they were indeed taken after June 15th. They need to be asked........with evidence of a decomposing body in the trunk of the car, if Caylee is still alive, who's body was is that trunk, how did that body come to be in the trunk of the car, and did Casey have anything to do with the death of that person?

The closest Meredith came to a hardball question today, was asking what if it was proven that Casey was responsible for what happened to Caylee. Cindy side-stepped that one too, saying she would support Casey, but didn't really answer the question.

Cindy and George would be better off not giving interviews.

YellowDog, FWIW and speaking only for myself, I NEVER said that is is wrong for them to love both Caylee and Casey. Only this, Caylee should, I would think be their #1 priority, and it does not come across that way. There is NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING that may kids could do to make me stop loving them, but that doesn't mean that I would lie for them, cover up for them or uphold them in any way if God forbid I was ever faced with something like this. I would even be there for them when they needed me, but I in no way would put Casey before the Grandchild that I believe she killed and IMO that is what they are doing. You may feel differently and that's fine. And before someone tells me that I don't know what I would do in this position unless I was in it, (and I thankfully haven't) I Do Know that I would come down on the side of my Precious Innocent, Beloved Grandchild....and still love my child. What's wrong with that?

I appreciate your input, but I DO feel differently.

Hm..I remember when the A's planned visits before KC would deny them. We haven't heard that, just that she hasn't had any visitors. I'm sure JB told them not to visit.
I think Casey does not have them on her approved visitor list that SHE, not her attorney would make out.

I have one child, a daughter, 19. She and her son, 2, are living with me and my husband. I am raising my grandson. I care for him, bathe him, clothe him, feed him, give him support - financially and emotionally. He is my entire world. I raise him as my own, as my daughter is young and hasn't found her way in life yet. She was 16 when she got pregnant with him. Yes, mistakes happen. Her life is now going into a direction, much like Casey's, with a self serving attitude. She's not in the club scene since we do not live in a largely populated town with clubs but she does feel obligated to hang out with single friends who have no children which doesn't include taking him with her.

I deeply see that a child in her life was a burden due to her age and newly grown wings, wanting to be free, but I NEVER excused her actions. She loves her son, but she is just too young to properly raise him. And before anyone goes off into a 'adoption/abortion' discussion, we won't go there.

You can't FORCE someone to take responsibility if they're not mentally and emotionally prepared for it. I can say this case has caused me to take a different look at my own life and the best life for my grandson. I do what I do in order to keep my daughter from resenting her son, as it appears that Casey has done with Caylee.

WOW - you hit this right on the head. I also had my first son at 15 and I thank GOD everyday for my mother, she was there to cook for him, feed him and take care of him and ME - while I finished high school. I was very young and did not understand the sacrifice I had to make. I wanted to go out with my friends who to me were normal and I wanted to be a normal teen, but I wasn't. My mom although often lectured me was there to take care of him when I was out with friends. She allowed me be a teen and made sure that when I was home I took care of him and I did. I was never torn as in if you go out you better take himw ith you! - I love me son and I never resented him, because my mother was so cautious about letting me be young and at the same time showing me how to be a mother, by the time I was 21, I was done and became full time mom and I felt good about it. I am now 30 and have a 8 month old! I thank my mother for understanding the complexities of a young mother it allowed me to be a good mom now.

Cindy and Casey's relationship seemed very toxic, lots of jealousy and blame and guilt - Caylee was a pawn and now she is dead.

I understand their denial. They have PI's saying they're close to finding her and likely giving them tidbits of info that keep their hope alive. Casey continues to say she didn't kill her and JB is probably telling them LE doesn't have what they insinuate they have.
If I were Caylee's GP's I would lean towards the side that tells me she's alive too.

It's simple, let LE put them out of their misery and show them the definitive proof that Caylee's dead. Let an FBI forensic's guy explain the evidence and how it proves she's dead.

I would need that. I would wonder why they didn't just charge her with murder instead of doing it in a 'secret' grand jury meeting that I couldn't be in. I would wonder why the police raided a home on a Caylee 'tip' after they said she was likely dead. I would wonder why they would say on TV that the evidence indicates she's dead but they don't say what tests or what they revealed. And I would talk to my daughter, liar or not and try to verify whatever she told me.
And I wouldn't care who was condemning me for believing she was alive if there was a 1% chance that she were alive.
I know the evidence indicates and she probably is dead, but can't believe it 100% until I hear the facts on the forensic evidence.

If their evidence is that strong, it shouldn't hurt to put it out there along with everything else they've thrown out there.

I'm at work & didn't spell check.

You know, I understand what you are saying but after reading a post by Seriously and reading yours it hit me harder than ever this case IS about Caylee and about KC and it is NOT about the grandparents.....they are part of the story, yes, but LE's job is NOT to make the GP's OK.....even though I think they have bent over backwards to treat them with kindness and respect.....they are not obligated to jeopardize their case to provide therapy for GP's.....they will have to come to grips with the facts on their own.....if anything ,all their attorneys should be the ones to help them do that...just sayin'

I'm assuming she will say that Amy gave her permission to empty her bank account.
STop it.....lol. I am so tired of those pigs flying over my house. Think I'll shoot one down and have pork roast for dinner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97
Back