Cindy Implicated in Mail Fraud

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People, pleasa read the article: it states "As reported by Florida TV station WFTV, when told such an action could be considered mail fraud". Key words could be.

It is not mail fraud to write "legal documents" on the outside of the envelope.
- you can write what ever you want on the outside of the envelope, as long as it does not interfere with the USPS ability to deliver.

It is not mail fraud to list a different return address on the outside of an envelope.
- in fact, return addresses are not required.

At most, she could be charged with trying to perpetrate fraud on the institution.
- which is highly unlikely because it's common knowledge the institution opens and reads all correspondence.

This entire thread is based on a comment a tv reported made to Cindy Anthony.

At my office we use FedEx/UPS. If US Mail is used it is just a letter mailed with a regular stamp so,

Does anyone know if a Mail Meter has a specific number attached to it, for this very reason of Mail Fraud, so mail can be traced back to the meter that was used? If they do have a registered number, than it should be easy to trace it to the owner...shouldn't it? How is a Mail Meter purchased? How does it work?

I scanned the envelope using a Custom setting at 600x600 Resolution and adjusted the Brightness, Contrast, Saturation and Sharpness so I could see the postage meter stamp and this is what I think the numbers are:

06250007390551 (this is right under First Class)
34744 (this is right under above number all the way to the right)
83585720 (This number is running up and down on the left side of the metered stamp)

bbm: Metered mail does print the meter # on the envelope when ran through the machine. It is used exactly as you suggest, to trace mail back to the originator.

My first thought when I saw the envelope is that it is one of the "self-addressed, postage prepaid, envelopes" that lawyers provide their clients in correspondence that requires a signature and return. Maybe CA or ICA while out of custody, had such an envelope? Those envelopes are seldom the professionally printed envelopes with the firm's address pre-printed on them. It is usually a smaller envelope and is manually addressed by computer, hand, or stick-on label. Just a thought.

I'm not sure if CA would be the one getting into trouble over this letter because we do not know who put "Legal Mail" on the envelope. If it was JB's office, or if the jail posted it. Sorry if I missed a post that clarified this issue. I skipped a couple pages on this thread before I lost my train of thought to post.

People, pleasa read the article: it states "As reported by Florida TV station WFTV, when told such an action could be considered mail fraud". Key words could be.

It is not mail fraud to write "legal documents" on the outside of the envelope.
- you can write what ever you want on the outside of the envelope, as long as it does not interfere with the USPS ability to deliver.

It is not mail fraud to list a different return address on the outside of an envelope.
- in fact, return addresses are not required.

At most, she could be charged with trying to perpetrate fraud on the institution.
- which is highly unlikely because it's common knowledge the institution opens and reads all correspondence.

This entire thread is based on a comment a tv reported made to Cindy Anthony.

I tend to agree with you. I don't think this will end up being pursued by LE or the jail really. It just looks so bad on behalf of the defense team and the A family to be caught - yet again, breaking the rules....defying authority.....yada yada....

I don't believe CA would have ever let KC drive off with Caylee if KC were having issues with seizures. Also KC has not been medicated for seizures so it is hard to believe KC was being truthful. But then truthful is not a word in KC's vocabulary. jmo

I don't believe CA would have ever let KC drive off with Caylee if KC were having issues with seizures. Also KC has not been medicated for seizures so it is hard to believe KC was being truthful. But then truthful is not a word in KC's vocabulary. jmo

If KC were having anything resembling seizures she would not be legally allowed to drive at ALL- Cindy would not have passed up that opportunity to keep her on a short leash.

IMO :twocents: some of the media is misleading the public regarding the mail fraud, looks to me like the card did come Baez's office and nothing will be done about it. I guess it is OK for Baez to send in contraband and lie about it IMO. I am not one bit surprised either...:furious:

As much as I want Cindy to pay for her mischievous ways, destroying evidence, hindering a murder investigation, and lying. I don't think she will get in trouble for this letter to Casey, the jail returned it Baez and that says something to me right there. Just another one of Cindy's & Baez's crazy antics showing through. IMO Baez gave her the OK to write Casey and he would forward it to her IMO and this might not of been the only time either IMO. Take note of the postage, looks like Cindy may of given the letters to Baez and he then mailed them to Casey or brought them into the jail. Cindy did mention that Baez wanted to see all correspondence before anything was given to Casey. IMO there has been letter passing all along, but the state does not care, they only care about Caylee's Murder Case and I am OK with that. Also, Baez should know that the jail Will "read every letter" that comes in/out of the jail. Cindy should know better to and IMO this is another stunt to try and sway the jury pool. IMO, some of the letters written were written with a purpose.
If anyone is to get in trouble for this I would say Baez, but he is the "Golden Boy". He can get away with anything in FL IMO. :furious: Sad...I just pray that Caylee's gets justice!

:cow:

Jail Confiscates Contraband Sent To Casey, Sent back To Baez, officials have not publicly accused anyone of mail fraud, and no investigation will be conducted.

"Snip" http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24541491/detail.html

In May, employees in the jail's mail room intercepted an envelope addressed to Casey which was labeled "Legal Mail - Do Not Open". The type-written return address suggested the letter had been mailed from the Kissimmee office of Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez.

2 Corrections officials hand-delivered the correspondence to Casey Anthony's jail cell and watched her open it.

Instead of confidential legal documents, the envelope contained a greeting card signed by Anthony's mother, Cindy.

officials confiscated the contraband, returned the card to Jose Baez.

Baez told Local 6 the card was not sent from his office.

Brad Conway, said he was unaware his client had sent a card to her daughter.

Two weeks after corrections officials confiscated the greeting card, Cindy Anthony mailed a letter to Casey.

"So I understand the jail (thinks) I committed mail fraud," the letter states. "They must think I'm really STUPID. Why would I send you a card and put another address besides mine on it? What purpose would that serve? None!"

IMO :twocents: some of the media is misleading the public regarding the mail fraud, looks to me like the card did come Baez's office and nothing will be done about it. I guess it is OK for Baez to send in contraband and lie about it IMO. I am not one bit surprised either...:furious:

As much as I want Cindy to pay for her mischievous ways, destroying evidence, hindering a murder investigation, and lying. I don't think she will get in trouble for this letter to Casey, the jail returned it Baez and that says something to me right there. Just another one of Cindy's & Baez's crazy antics showing through. IMO Baez gave her the OK to write Casey and he would forward it to her IMO and this might not of been the only time either IMO. Take note of the postage, looks like Cindy may of given the letters to Baez and he then mailed them to Casey or brought them into the jail. Cindy did mention that Baez wanted to see all correspondence before anything was given to Casey. IMO there has been letter passing all along, but the state does not care, they only care about Caylee's Murder Case and I am OK with that. Also, Baez should know that the jail Will "read every letter" that comes in/out of the jail. Cindy should know better to and IMO this is another stunt to try and sway the jury pool. IMO, some of the letters written were written with a purpose.
If anyone is to get in trouble for this I would say Baez, but he is the "Golden Boy". He can get away with anything in FL IMO. :furious: Sad...I just pray that Caylee's gets justice!

:cow:
I find it interesting that Cindy was the one that mentioned "mail fraud" in her letter. Someone (LE) must have said something before the docs were released. All parties involved, I assume, were made aware of the problem. So why did Jose deny it came from his office?

If KC were having anything resembling seizures she would not be legally allowed to drive at ALL- Cindy would not have passed up that opportunity to keep her on a short leash.

I agree ZsaZsa, makes me question if KC really had any seizure problems.

The Anthony's all believed that KC was working at Universal (when she wasn't)! She had a job, a nanny (cough) and transportation. They had no worries it seems. :banghead:

eta: Until of course, Little Caylee went missing.

I have NO doubt JoseB is in this up to his eyeballs.

Those are "junk laws." :angel:

laughing.gif

I can't help think but think how horribly haunting this is going to be to Tony and his friends ...and ica's "friends" forever.:(

I feel badly for ICA's friends. They're innocent victims in all of this. It was Casey who was the rotten apple in the barrel, not the friends.

Yes, they will be haunted by what's happened. Casey not only lied to them and stole money from them, but she also stole their youthful innocence. I'm sure that in the future they'll find it difficult to fully trust someone.

None of them would have ever guessed that someone they knew would murder their 2-year-old child and then try to blame them for it. And even after being cleared by numerous LE agencies, to have her family continue to blame them is a burden they shouldn't have to carry.

I hope that after the trial is over and Casey is locked away in prison, the friends will be able to put their association with Casey Anthony and her dysfunctional family in the past and move forward.

...and another law is broken and no one is pursued...Unbelievable.

:twocents:Just for the sake of sanity:twocents:: how about looking at it as: resources are going to be invested into going after the lawbreakers that effect many more of us than just one totally irresponsible, headline-grabbing:loser: family. YEP, I get the :furious:frustration:furious: over the "sniveling bratism and better than thouism" exhibited by the:loser: BIG "A" family:loser: as they snub the legal system BUT I keep reminding myself that in this case as in others that I participate in, it is the VICTIM who matters and it is the final outcome toward the ACTUAL perp that matters. The characters within the "play/scenario" for lack of a better term will FADE back into the woodwork EVENTUALLY if :dance:we the people:dance: (kinda catchy phrase!) FORCE them to by NEGLECTING them!:angel:

:twocents:Just for the sake of sanity:twocents:: how about looking at it as: resources are going to be invested into going after the lawbreakers that effect many more of us than just one totally irresponsible, headline-grabbing:loser: family. YEP, I get the :furious:frustration:furious: over the "sniveling bratism and better than thouism" exhibited by the:loser: BIG "A" family:loser: as they snub the legal system BUT I keep reminding myself that in this case as in others that I participate in, it is the VICTIM who matters and it is the final outcome toward the ACTUAL perp that matters. The characters within the "play/scenario" for lack of a better term will FADE back into the woodwork EVENTUALLY if :dance:we the people:dance: (kinda catchy phrase!) FORCE them to by NEGLECTING them!:angel:

The players who break the law should still be punished. We can have both imo.

I find it interesting that Cindy was the one that mentioned "mail fraud" in her letter. Someone (LE) must have said something before the docs were released. All parties involved, I assume, were made aware of the problem. So why did Jose deny it came from his office?

Cause he or one of his staff may have put it in another envelope after he "approved" it and addressed it to ICA at the jail.

And that would be illegal?

Mail fraud is CA's words. CA has not committed a crime in the eyes of the law, it is a policy/law of the correctional institute. As I see it, right now no one from LE would ever want to rock the boat as far as the trial goes. However, if I were CA I would be worried about after the trial and what will happen afterwards. She keeps pushing the envelop, they will catch up to her if they can still press charges at that time I would not be surprised if some charges are filed against her. BC can only protect her for so long. My guess is CA just does not give a "beaver house" about what she does and who she does it to. It'll all catch up and I think it's name is....DC..... jmo

Mothers Day was May 9th
Baez return label on envelope is postmarked May 10th
Motions Hearing on May 10th and DP Motions Hearing on May 11th
I believe Cindy probably handed the Mothers Day card to JB, to give to Inmate Anthony, and then JB had his staff mail it.

I think Cindy did not know what type of envelope was used, or what the envelope had on it.
Cindy wrote to Inmate Anthony ... "why would I mail you a CARD with a different address on it ...."

Yes, someone did see a card being passed off at that hearing, and we assumed it was for Mother's Day. Can't remember exactly how it went, but it came from Cindy.

Now if it's true it went to the Baez firm from the courthouse and was mailed from there, with that Legal Documents note on it, then the Baez Firm did something illegal.

I do believe the envelope, though, doesn't look very professional. Maybe they hand-stamped their return address on it using a rubber stamp?

No matter how it was sent to the jail, it was done illegally, by Cindy, by Baez, by his staff, or by all of them. It was illegal and they all know it. Possibly not a federal offense if done this way, but certainly it broke jailhouse and courthouse rules.

I do wonder why a professional office like The Baez Law Firm doesn't have a specially made stamp that says "Legal Documents" so those his pretty little model secretaries don't have to hand-scrawl it on the envelopes?

JB says it didn't come from his office. I guess we have to believe him, being an honest officer of the court and all.

I think the post-it note "Legal Mail" was stuck on by the first person to get the envelope in the jail, and then when it was handed off to someone else, that person got suspicious. From the looks of it, I'm sure that's not a stretch. However, somebody put the law firm's return address on it, making it appear it was originating from there. Illegal.

This could certainly be the case, and you put it well. But maybe... I can understand Cindy's point of view to be honest. Imagine if your daughter had never shown any sign of violence or maltreatment of her little girl, (forgetting all the morbid speculation that's been out there, the actual history is that there had never been any signs of neglect, never any injuries, etc. Caylee was a healthy, happy little toddler all the way up to June 15, 2008.) All the friends and family said Casey had always treated Caylee well and would never hurt her in any way, nor would she just let Caylee be missing. They were all completely baffled. According to all the friends, Caylee was very attached to Casey, too, loved being held by Casey, when visiting friends Caylee didn't like to see Casey go out of her sight, etc. She had a very good, positive attachment to Casey, and vice-versa.

Suddenly in May and June 2008, Casey is running with two new crowds, taking Caylee around these two apartments where Caylee is exposed to LOTS of new people, and Casey herself is exposed to lots of new people at Fusian etc. (And by their own admission there were drug users and even drug sellers among these people. There was also the weird guy who scratched one of the shot girls. Who knows who all was around.) Casey is very busy socializing with all these new friends and might not have been watching as closely as she should, might have been a little too trusting. She'd always had Caylee around her friends, didn't think this was any different. Coinciding with Casey moving in full time with new facebook acqaintance TL and his roommates, and all their hip-hop promotions crowd, something happens to Caylee and she's missing.

Casey doesn't report the disappearance and when finally confronted, is in some kind of la-la land, seems to have forgotten about Caylee. She didn't flee, she didn't hide, she didn't concoct a logical story to cover her own behind, she doesn't seem to understand the urgency of the situation at all. She is oblivious. She only wants to talk to Tony, she doesn't care about anything else. Her tone of voice and behavior/attitude is like a different person, according to old friends, she doesn't seem like the same person at all. They were shocked.

Some friends and family had seen Casey have something similar to seizures, when she was asleep, both before and after Caylee going missing. They also knew Casey had a history of not always making that much sense, they would take what she was saying with a grain of salt. She would sometimes just agree with what others were saying or tell harmless white lies. They knew she had occasionally stolen small amounts of money too, and now she had apparently stolen $600 from one of these new people.

If I were the family I would be thinking
(a) was there a bad egg somewhere among these new people Casey had had Caylee around, was there a pedophile or a violent person? Yes, pedophiles can be normal looking young men and women, too. Had Casey been so wrapped up in her new social life she wasn't watching closely and someone on the periphery had gotten Caylee?
(b) Did Casey not report the disappearance because she didn't want to rat out a friend or boyfriend (maybe even afraid to rat), or because she was traumatized in some way and in disbelief, or because she'd actually thought Caylee was with a friend, or because she didn't know what to do or how to face her parents?
(c) Had Casey had the onset more serious mental illness, like a schizophrenic or manic episode, or a medical brain issue of some kind, maybe delirium due to sleep deprivation, which caused her to lose time or fail to understand or report the disappearance?
(d) Had she been drugged by someone in this crowd, or started using more drugs than has been admitted, increasing her confused/delusional thinking and behavior, etc.
(e) had there been an accident she was afraid to admit or which had left her traumatized?
(f) Had she finally stolen from the wrong person, someone more dangerous? (i.e. TL's story he told Lee while wired for the police, about their drug dealer who had had money stolen and Casey talking about having money soon after that.)

I'm just saying if I were Cindy or any of the old friends, I could completely understand them thinking it could be someone else. That would be a perfectly logical suspicion that I would expect the family and old friends to have under the circumstances.

I'm still not sure what happened. I'm not sure how much Casey knows. She could have done it, of course. Maybe LE know stuff we just haven't seen yet. But as much as it could have been Casey it seems like it could just as easily have been almost anyone else around (from what we know so far). I can completely understand her mother thinking maybe it wasn't her.

These strange new people just happened to go to the Anthony home and take their trash bags, duct tape, Caylee's things, a heart sticker out of the house and wrapped Caylee in her blanket, triple bagged her (2 trash bags and Cindy's laundry bag), and stuffed her into Casey's car for a few days, then decided to dump the child in the woods right down the street from the Anthony house.

Yeah, sounds plausible to me. I'm sure it's plausible to Cindy, too. :waitasec: Cindy's the one wearing someone else's ashes around her neck and claiming Caylee is still alive and living with the invisi-nanny's half-brother in the Bronx.

Is this the reason Cindy sends illegal mail to her innocent daughter? Could be. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member