Cindy Implicated in Mail Fraud

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could certainly be the case, and you put it well. But maybe... I can understand Cindy's point of view to be honest. Imagine if your daughter had never shown any sign of violence or maltreatment of her little girl, (forgetting all the morbid speculation that's been out there, the actual history is that there had never been any signs of neglect, never any injuries, etc. Caylee was a healthy, happy little toddler all the way up to June 15, 2008.) All the friends and family said Casey had always treated Caylee well and would never hurt her in any way, nor would she just let Caylee be missing. They were all completely baffled. According to all the friends, Caylee was very attached to Casey, too, loved being held by Casey, when visiting friends Caylee didn't like to see Casey go out of her sight, etc. She had a very good, positive attachment to Casey, and vice-versa.

Suddenly in May and June 2008, Casey is running with two new crowds, taking Caylee around these two apartments where Caylee is exposed to LOTS of new people, and Casey herself is exposed to lots of new people at Fusian etc. (And by their own admission there were drug users and even drug sellers among these people. There was also the weird guy who scratched one of the shot girls. Who knows who all was around.) Casey is very busy socializing with all these new friends and might not have been watching as closely as she should, might have been a little too trusting. She'd always had Caylee around her friends, didn't think this was any different. Coinciding with Casey moving in full time with new facebook acqaintance TL and his roommates, and all their hip-hop promotions crowd, something happens to Caylee and she's missing.

Casey doesn't report the disappearance and when finally confronted, is in some kind of la-la land, seems to have forgotten about Caylee. She didn't flee, she didn't hide, she didn't concoct a logical story to cover her own behind, she doesn't seem to understand the urgency of the situation at all. She is oblivious. She only wants to talk to Tony, she doesn't care about anything else. Her tone of voice and behavior/attitude is like a different person, according to old friends, she doesn't seem like the same person at all. They were shocked.

Some friends and family had seen Casey have something similar to seizures, when she was asleep, both before and after Caylee going missing. They also knew Casey had a history of not always making that much sense, they would take what she was saying with a grain of salt. She would sometimes just agree with what others were saying or tell harmless white lies. They knew she had occasionally stolen small amounts of money too, and now she had apparently stolen $600 from one of these new people.

If I were the family I would be thinking
(a) was there a bad egg somewhere among these new people Casey had had Caylee around, was there a pedophile or a violent person? Yes, pedophiles can be normal looking young men and women, too. Had Casey been so wrapped up in her new social life she wasn't watching closely and someone on the periphery had gotten Caylee?
(b) Did Casey not report the disappearance because she didn't want to rat out a friend or boyfriend (maybe even afraid to rat), or because she was traumatized in some way and in disbelief, or because she'd actually thought Caylee was with a friend, or because she didn't know what to do or how to face her parents?
(c) Had Casey had the onset more serious mental illness, like a schizophrenic or manic episode, or a medical brain issue of some kind, maybe delirium due to sleep deprivation, which caused her to lose time or fail to understand or report the disappearance?
(d) Had she been drugged by someone in this crowd, or started using more drugs than has been admitted, increasing her confused/delusional thinking and behavior, etc.
(e) had there been an accident she was afraid to admit or which had left her traumatized?
(f) Had she finally stolen from the wrong person, someone more dangerous? (i.e. TL's story he told Lee while wired for the police, about their drug dealer who had had money stolen and Casey talking about having money soon after that.)

I'm just saying if I were Cindy or any of the old friends, I could completely understand them thinking it could be someone else. That would be a perfectly logical suspicion that I would expect the family and old friends to have under the circumstances.

I'm still not sure what happened. I'm not sure how much Casey knows. She could have done it, of course. Maybe LE know stuff we just haven't seen yet. But as much as it could have been Casey it seems like it could just as easily have been almost anyone else around (from what we know so far). I can completely understand her mother thinking maybe it wasn't her.

Repectfully,

I suppose you could find reasons to excuse any murderer but most of the time it is just as it appears. Casey Anthony killed Caylee and CA is the
lead PR agent for her evil dgtr. She is stepping up to the plate to sway
the future jury. She has only just begun. IMO

This could certainly be the case, and you put it well. But maybe... I can understand Cindy's point of view to be honest. Imagine if your daughter had never shown any sign of violence or maltreatment of her little girl, (forgetting all the morbid speculation that's been out there, the actual history is that there had never been any signs of neglect, never any injuries, etc. Caylee was a healthy, happy little toddler all the way up to June 15, 2008.) All the friends and family said Casey had always treated Caylee well and would never hurt her in any way, nor would she just let Caylee be missing. They were all completely baffled. According to all the friends, Caylee was very attached to Casey, too, loved being held by Casey, when visiting friends Caylee didn't like to see Casey go out of her sight, etc. She had a very good, positive attachment to Casey, and vice-versa.

Suddenly in May and June 2008, Casey is running with two new crowds, taking Caylee around these two apartments where Caylee is exposed to LOTS of new people, and Casey herself is exposed to lots of new people at Fusian etc. (And by their own admission there were drug users and even drug sellers among these people. There was also the weird guy who scratched one of the shot girls. Who knows who all was around.) Casey is very busy socializing with all these new friends and might not have been watching as closely as she should, might have been a little too trusting. She'd always had Caylee around her friends, didn't think this was any different. Coinciding with Casey moving in full time with new facebook acqaintance TL and his roommates, and all their hip-hop promotions crowd, something happens to Caylee and she's missing.

Casey doesn't report the disappearance and when finally confronted, is in some kind of la-la land, seems to have forgotten about Caylee. She didn't flee, she didn't hide, she didn't concoct a logical story to cover her own behind, she doesn't seem to understand the urgency of the situation at all. She is oblivious. She only wants to talk to Tony, she doesn't care about anything else. Her tone of voice and behavior/attitude is like a different person, according to old friends, she doesn't seem like the same person at all. They were shocked.

Some friends and family had seen Casey have something similar to seizures, when she was asleep, both before and after Caylee going missing. They also knew Casey had a history of not always making that much sense, they would take what she was saying with a grain of salt. She would sometimes just agree with what others were saying or tell harmless white lies. They knew she had occasionally stolen small amounts of money too, and now she had apparently stolen $600 from one of these new people.

(a) was there a bad egg somewhere among these new people Casey had had Caylee around, was there a pedophile or a violent person? Yes, pedophiles can be normal looking young men and women, too. Had Casey been so wrapped up in her new social life she wasn't watching closely and someone on the periphery had gotten Caylee?
(b) Did Casey not report the disappearance because she didn't want to rat out a friend or boyfriend (maybe even afraid to rat), or because she was traumatized in some way and in disbelief, or because she'd actually thought Caylee was with a friend, or because she didn't know what to do or how to face her parents?
(c) Had Casey had the onset more serious mental illness, like a schizophrenic or manic episode, or a medical brain issue of some kind, maybe delirium due to sleep deprivation, which caused her to lose time or fail to understand or report the disappearance?
(d) Had she been drugged by someone in this crowd, or started using more drugs than has been admitted, increasing her confused/delusional thinking and behavior, etc.
(e) had there been an accident she was afraid to admit or which had left her traumatized?
(f) Had she finally stolen from the wrong person, someone more dangerous? (i.e. TL's story he told Lee while wired for the police, about their drug dealer who had had money stolen and Casey talking about having money soon after that.)

I'm just saying if I were Cindy or any of the old friends, I could completely understand them thinking it could be someone else. That would be a perfectly logical suspicion that I would expect the family and old friends to have under the circumstances.

I'm still not sure what happened. I'm not sure how much Casey knows. She could have done it, of course. Maybe LE know stuff we just haven't seen yet. But as much as it could have been Casey it seems like it could just as easily have been almost anyone else around (from what we know so far). I can completely understand her mother thinking maybe it wasn't her.

Just like CA thinks the body found wasn't Caylee's? Yet, the entire family iwent along with cremating a body that wasn't Calyee ... and now they're all wearing cremation jewelry containing ashes of someone else? Boggles a "normal" mind.

Caylee's closeness to ICA could be codependency - very common in relationships that are dysfunctional.

I think that if it was "anyone else around," ICA would speak up to save her own skin. Her family can certainly protect themselves and stick up for themselves - that's been proven time and time again by their behavior. IMHO. There was no one else.

No signs of neglect? None that the family have admitted publicly, maybe. But, Cindy called ICA an unfit mother numerous times. That kind of damning comment is not something you would say to your own daughter without absolute proof. Cindy KNEW that she was obviously NOT taking good care of the child or she would never have sought counseling re taking custody away from ICA.

I can see that as well...but didn't she reference sending them...didn't she say that Casey had to give JB HER letters before he gave them to Cindy? I'm so confused...please can someone refresh my memory?

I am assuming at this late in the game that this has been answered...but YES---ICA has to turn hers over to jb prior to mailing....

Okay - don't slap me around on this one, as I am not defending Baez in this little fiasco at all....but, what if;

Cindy used envelopes that maybe Baez had put information and etc in for the Anthony's = that these were maybe hand delivered of copies of things that he gave to them.
Given, and not through the postal service.

Cindy then just "recycled" the envelopes on her own doing, without Baez's knowledge?
He surely could/would SAY that this is how Cindy ended up with letters that his firm's logo imprinted on them.
Or, Cindy may have been in his office one day, and pulled one of her daughter's tricks - stole them.
Or, during the time that ICA was out on bond, going back and forth each day, she was using the envelopes to bring info back and forth, and these were left in the home at the time???

Yes, that sounds like the Anthony way.:innocent:
Remember how she 'accidentally' almost gave them the dogs hairbrush....?

There is only the one card that Cindy wrote "you were a wonderful mother to Caylee" on it - in the "Legal Mail" envelope.

There was only ONE Baez return address envelope.
There are a couple of different views of the ONE envelope.

The address is not Cindy's handwriting and she does not address her daughter as "Ms Casey M. Anthony" -- always "Casey Marie Anthony".

The envelope is dated May 10th - the day after Mothers Day. I believe Cindy gave that card to JB to give to Inmate Anthony for Mothers Day, and JB's staff put it in the mail.

Does this make JB guilty of mail fraud then? :waitasec:

As is the decomp smell and body fluids in her car. No logical story? There really was no logical explanation that she could have provided so she did the best that she could with what she had to work with. Caylee had been kidnapped by the Nanny, she was looking for her for thirty-one days. She would have been better off to not make up a story and just say that she didn't know WHERE she was or who took her, and that she really didn't care as she was now free to party and do all of the things that a young girl her age should be doing. Like, Mom, I have all of these new friends and I bought all of these new clothes with the money I stole, and if I didn't go out every night, tony might have met someone else, and you know how insecure I am since dad and Lee molested me. And I really did look for Caylee but they must have checked her ID at the door of Fusion because she was never there.
Edited to add: Until KC met Tony and had the blow up with Cindy, she really had no reason to not be a good mother. With JG, he accepted Caylee, his family took care of her when she needed them too. Tony and his roommates made it clear that they did not think Caylee should be in their environment. Cindy wasn't going to babysit every night so that KC could sleep over at Tony's. When she was expected to step up to the plate and put Caylee first, she chose not to.

I can't help think but think how horribly haunting this is going to be to Tony and his friends ...and ica's "friends" forever.:(

She used Baez' return address, also besides lying about the contents being legal documents. This is trying to perpetrate fraud on the institution. Perry should love this. Guaranteed he knows about it already. I have yet to see a more "letter of the law" judge. Love watching him. He is constantly prefacing rulings with cases. Can't contain myself at times.

If HHJP does come down on Cindy and hold her accountable, I'm sure CA will go ballistic. After all, she's above the law and no judge should hold her accountable for anything. :innocent:

Cindy being involved in mail fraud doesn't surprise me. And considering what else I think she's involved in, she should have a long rap sheet before it's over.

What cracks me up is that she asks, in the same letter after talking about mail fraud, "Do they think I'm stupid?"
Cindy, do you really want an answer to that question? And shouldn't you be taking something that is a FEDERAL offense more seriously?

BBM:
Umm.. ITA
that is a hypothetical question..right?
So I really shouldn't answer it? :angel:

This is harder then it looks.

It was easy for Casey to play the role of "wonderful mother" in front of her friends because she never had to be with Caylee for more than a few hours. Ask all her friends, she was very good at acting different ways in front of different people. That's all it was... an act.

If you asked Cindy, George or Lee... early on who raised Caylee... it was Cindy and George. George even said that they watched Caylee 99% of the time until they went into "Lie for Casey mode." Cindy wrote a whole blog about how she raised Caylee and how she doesn't know who is now taking care of one Miss Caylee Anthony. She knew it wasn't Casey because Casey had never taken care of her before.

Casey never accepted the role as Caylee's mother. She only "used" the fact that she was Caylee's biological mother to hold over Cindy's head.

I also don't get where you got that Casey stole small amounts of money? We don't have an exact number, but Cindy admits that she has taken thousands from her... she may have not stolen the money from Ryan, but she never paid him back, and I'm sure she never had any intention to. She stole from Lee. She stole from Amy. She stole from her grandparents. She stole from Caylee!

I don't blame Cindy for not wanting to believe Casey killed Caylee. I wouldn't want to believe that I raised a child who could murder my grandchild either, but she did and I believe Cindy knows full well that Casey murdered Caylee. I believe that Cindy has forgiven Casey for what she has done because she blames herself for whatever happened on June 15th, 2008 and I believe with all my heart that something happened that night between Cindy and Casey.

I truly believe in my heart that Cindy believes that since she has forgiven Casey that LE and everyone else should just let her deal with Casey. Just saying.

.....an aside.....one of the comments on the People link is

"and remember folks, to have your Anthony's spayed or neutered".

WOW.

OMG.............I hadn't read the comments. And to think........this is the jury pool!

CA loves to play her against the world, and she thinks she gets to make up the rules. With an attitude like that, and all the attention this crime has drawn, it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

Yes, that sounds like the Anthony way.:innocent:
Remember how she 'accidentally' almost gave them the dogs hairbrush....?

THE POSTAGE WAS PAID THROUGH A POSTAGE METER AND IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN, WHEN THE METER PRINTS THE POSTAGE THERE IS AN ACTUAL ACCOUNT NUMBER (postage account) PRINTED. THIS NUMBER CAN BE LINKED TO WHO ACTUALLY OWNS AND PAID FOR THE POSTAGE IN THE METER. THE ENVELOPE IS TOO BLURRY TO SEE THIS INFO BUT THE ACTUAL STAMP FROM THE METER WILL ALSO GIVE THE ZIP CODE OF WHERE IT IS BEING MAILED FROM AND THAT WOULD BE THE ZIP CODE THAT WAS SET UP IN THE POSTAGE ACCOUNT. SO I BELIEVE BAEZ IS BUSTED!

She surely believes that laws are in place for other folks but not her...IMO.

-------------------
RR you are so right! They should not let her get away with this! If anyone ever deserved to learn they are wrong, the hard way, it is CA..:banghead:

I didn't know it was illegal for a defense attorney to bring notes from the parents or vice versa, etc (as long as he's read the contents obviously and they don't contain anything nefarious, he'd bear the responsibility for that if he's carrying the message.) I wouldn't think he'd be able to bring any items in and leave them with an inmate, but as far as being a conduit for messages from the family, is it really illegal or unusual? I just never thought about this before. I would think most likely if he was doing this it was his own suggestion, he seemed to be discouraging Casey from taking normal visits at the jail due to the taping. At least that was my impression, I don't know if it's true.

As I see it..........with the Sunshine Laws in Florida, I think all correspondence, both incoming and outgoing is subject to the law and a defense attorney serving as a conduit for messages is illegal.

But, in this case, it looks like Cindy did try to skirt the law by using an envelope from the attorney's law firm to send a personal letter and marked it legal so it wouldn't be opened. This is definitely mail fraud.

There's something very hinky about that envelope too. The return address label looks like something an individual would have for personal correspondence. Most bonafide law firms have imprinted envelopes for mailing of legal documents. Did Cindy have labels made with the law firm's return address???

As for the video taped jail visits, I think JB knows that his client didn't present herself well. Casey's display of temper show's she's got a very quick and violent temper. But, I think it's more than that. I don't think Casey really wants to see her parents.

Ok, seriously, her friends admitted they really had no clue about who casey really was. She pawned Caylee off constantly and refused to support her. Dr. Green said Caylee was savagely abused. The word savage is pretty extreme and I think it shows what a monster Casey was.

Cindy had no reason to suspect the other people.

There is only the one card that Cindy wrote "you were a wonderful mother to Caylee" on it - in the "Legal Mail" envelope.

There was only ONE Baez return address envelope.
There are a couple of different views of the ONE envelope.

The address is not Cindy's handwriting and she does not address her daughter as "Ms Casey M. Anthony" -- always "Casey Marie Anthony".

The envelope is dated May 10th - the day after Mothers Day. I believe Cindy gave that card to JB to give to Inmate Anthony for Mothers Day, and JB's staff put it in the mail.

Now this makes sense. You may just be correct..

ETA: Then again, maybe Cindy did it without JB's knowledge. Hmmmm, just not sure.

Thanks. Given that the return address (JB's Law Firm) is typed it would not surprise me at all if this was JB's idea and he gave CA some pre-printed envelopes to use. JB did not want to get caught again, as a mail courrier, so proposed this to try to keep things secret. I would think CA would have JB's permission or sent them via his office.

That return address label looks like it's a stick-on label. The copying machine has a line that's consistent with the top edge of the label.

THE POSTAGE WAS PAID THROUGH A POSTAGE METER AND IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN, WHEN THE METER PRINTS THE POSTAGE THERE IS AN ACTUAL ACCOUNT NUMBER (postage account) PRINTED. THIS NUMBER CAN BE LINKED TO WHO ACTUALLY OWNS AND PAID FOR THE POSTAGE IN THE METER. THE ENVELOPE IS TOO BLURRY TO SEE THIS INFO BUT THE ACTUAL STAMP FROM THE METER WILL ALSO GIVE THE ZIP CODE OF WHERE IT IS BEING MAILED FROM AND THAT WOULD BE THE ZIP CODE THAT WAS SET UP IN THE POSTAGE ACCOUNT. SO I BELIEVE BAEZ IS BUSTED!

I believe you are right.

The zip on the metered postage is the same as JB's office. BTW....the post office will verify who a meter is registered to upon request for anyone interested.

It looks like the meter number is
06280007390551 34744 or
062B0037390551 34744

And looks like account B35857

The larger it zooms the more distorted the image becomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange