Cindy's BoA Checking Account

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
May 19, 2008 was on a Monday.:waitasec: and what in the world did she spend $621.12 on or was it just a cash withdrawl? Also what could she have not bought at any single store??? I mean Sams Club carries pretty much everything Publix and Walmart carries, and the Home depot seems weird too...wonder if she purchased duct tape. Just the combination of stores seems way weird to me.

Just a couple of thoughts to throw out about this. I have an EX-sister-in-law who was addicted to drugs and would "cook" them herself. She would go to all of the stores in a given area and buy the "ingredients" she needed. Most places, like W/G, have a limit on how many OTC cold pills you can purchase at a time, so she would have to go to several stores one after the other to purchase the quantity she needed and also to keep from raising suspicion. Not many people buy 6 multi-packs of matches at one time. KWIM? Also, she may have been writing these checks for a "little" over. Many stores allow you to write a check for $20 - $50 over your purchase. Just a thought.

The Target checks - the ID#s (assuming it is a FL driver's license #) written at the top of each check were all written in by Casey, imo. Every single one of them looks identical and they all match Casey's handwriting. They is no way that girl went to Target THAT many times over a 3 mo. period and got the same cashier everytime that just happens to have handwriting that looks like her own. :innocent:

This girl knew what she was doing when it comes to check fraud. She had this "work" down pat.

Link Starting at pdf pg. 148.

BBM

I don't care how many accounts you open/close....there is NO WAY on earth that Casey could forge this many checks and make the electronic purchases over a 3 month period and CA not know something was terribly amiss with her accounts.

CA worked and made a decent salary, but as Mrs. G pointed out, it was not a "king's ransom". She was supporting the whole bunch and lots of bills past due. It would not take 90 days when you have a tiiiiight budget and are living paycheck to paycheck. There is no way I will ever believe she did not notice $2,514.95 was missing. It did NOT take Cindy 3 months to figure this out and close that 1st account.[/QUOTE]

And I bet there was 3 months of fighting.....then the plan....:furious:
...and how does all of this mayhem happen and you go front and center with the cameras and lie to protect your daughter right from the start? These doc dumps always leave me asking just how much the As knew...and question...when did they know?

The Walmart she made the $178.48 purchase at is store # 3782 located at 5991 New Goldenrod Road
http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator...ts.do?sfsearch_city=orlando&sfsearch_state=FL

I wish the time on the receipt wasn't blacked out.

The sighting by the computer store guy was at the Casselberry Walmart which is store # 943. So that $178.48 transaction is not at the same store.

That doesn't mean the guy's story is false though. Casey wrote the last check from Cindy's account in March and I don't believe she had a debit card to use. I think she did have access online to Cindy's account though. Probably guessed Cindy's password or knew it. :cow:

My guess is y'all are entirely correct and those ones that appear to have been written by ICA were taken without CAs knowledge.... however- let me just throw out there that a number of my friends back in high school, their parents would ask them to "stop at Target and pick up this that and the other thing" and would actually allow them to forge the check. One of my friends in particular had an entire checkbook of her mother's and was constantly using it, but only because her mother asked her to.

Perhaps, and only perhaps, the majority of these were written with CA's permission?

This is what crossed my mind as well.

My Theory is that ICA didn't steal all that money. That it was pretty standard that she used her Mothers account to pick up stuff, and CA knew about it. All starting like you pointed out. It's like when I kid learns to drive, you send them to the store to save yourself the trip.

Then ICA might have started freely spending and not getting CA's ok. Since she didn't work for her bill money, etc.. I can see her way over spending.

What if when CA decided to cut ICA off, she also mentioned that she would/could claim the check writing (which she ok'ed) to show ICA as a thief and use to get/keep the baby??? Wonder how ICA would respond to such a slap??

Another thought is some stores have different policies regarding writing your check for over the total to get cash back.. so perhaps Walgreens was more lenient with this?
Like for example (I discovered this when I lost my debit card recently and was left with my checks for awhile) Safeway will let you write it for $10 over your total to get that in cash back and QFC will let you write it over for $40 per check.

...sorry if this has already been mentioned (catching up...). It occurred to me that she could have purchased "cosmetics" and "$50 0ver", but (ahem) as a frequent Walgreens shopper, stockholder and former employee (a million years ago - corporate, never stores) I don't recall this policy - which doesn't mean it isn't in place - particularly in certain markets... HOWEVER, a few of her cohorts mention her paying with a credit card...well, Walgreens sells VISA, AMEX, and other gift cards - which look just like a credit card for the most part.

Channeling my evil self, if I needed $ and needed to front it, I'd buy nail polish, dog bones, a toy and...oh yeah... a "gift" card. (Our local paper recently reported a woman tried to purchase $14,000 of "gift" cards with a credit card at one of our local Walgreens - they turned her down (suspecting a fraudulent card) and called the cops - no arrest but she didn't make the purchase.)

BOA customer. Have a joint acct & cc. Went online some time ago & opened another checking acct, siggy card was mailed to me to mail back.No appearance,id required.
Do all of your accounts appear on your monthly statement? Mine do (but I don't bank with BOA).

Hm. Just speculatin' here but let me pull a Baez, throw some ideas at the wall and see what sticks:

- beer (unless that's not so in FL?)
- makeup
- sundries/groceries/chips, soda, etc
- sunglasses
- cheap cigarettes
- disposable cameras
- cheap DVDs
- cheap t-shirts
- nail polish
- more beer

ETA--I see we are comparing Walgreen's with Target... two thoughts: is Walgreen's closer to TL's or something? or is the "easy cashier who never asks for ID" not working at Target on the days KC went to Walgreens? (It is hard to think so devious.)

or simply casey's weekly supply of condoms.:dance:

BOA customer. Have a joint acct & cc. Went online some time ago & opened another checking acct, siggy card was mailed to me to mail back.No appearance,id required.
If Casey forged a signature card that's big time trouble.

Good question! It seems she could buy anything at Target that she could get at Walgreens so why go there as well? Besides prescriptions all I can think of is photo services. There's a lot of cool things you can do there with their digital equipment and then order prints. But $364 for photos would be really excessive, lol.
Speaking of pics...do we know if Amy ever got the camera she supposedly sent to the Hopespring address?

What was she doing with all this "stuff", over 5K in a few months alone, and where would she keep it? Was she returning it for cash?

If i recall correctly Lee had checked through her stuff at Tony's house and found all kinds of receipts in order.

I'm guessing she did in fact return these items for cash :)

Notice the two Michaels purchases. That is a craft store - could have been the source of the red heart sticker.

Respectfully Quoted TallyHo :cool2: I'm using your post because it reminded me what I wanted to say about Michaels. And, I can see easily her getting the heart stickers there.

Thanks to everyone working on these docs. I really enjoy being a member of Websleuths.

What we are seeing with this spending is amazing to me. For someone with no income, living with people who were pretty much living pay check to pay check, imho Casey's spending was outrageous. If George was addicted to gambling then Casey seems addicted to shopping. Cindy and George are still paying for her shopping in jail. ICA and JB may have been worried about what she purchases from inside being broadcast to the outside, I wonder if they consider what is in this doc dump even worse?

The spending(thank you to those who compiled those numbers)makes me think Casey made herself welcome by spending money. Being the girl with the beer, the food, etc. I wonder if her friends(who did have jobs and bills they paid like rent)had the kind of money Casey had to spend? I am thinking probably not, and so again maybe Casey was there with the cash. Everyone else did get to go to Puerto Rico tho'...

Re: the Micheal's purchases. Is that maybe when she and Amy and the other girls all made tee-shirts for something they were doing. There is a picture of them together. White tees and black shorts(?). I think I remember in a Amy/Casey text there was mention of "getting glitter, etc." IIRC, each girls name(first or last?)is on their tees.

...js...

Just a couple of thoughts to throw out about this. I have an EX-sister-in-law who was addicted to drugs and would "cook" them herself. She would go to all of the stores in a given area and buy the "ingredients" she needed. Most places, like W/G, have a limit on how many OTC cold pills you can purchase at a time, so she would have to go to several stores one after the other to purchase the quantity she needed and also to keep from raising suspicion. Not many people buy 6 multi-packs of matches at one time. KWIM? Also, she may have been writing these checks for a "little" over. Many stores allow you to write a check for $20 - $50 over your purchase. Just a thought.

BBM

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Briefing-Room/News-Releases/August-2010/New-Local-Partnership-to-Tackle-Meth-Problem-in-Cl

At a news conference announcing the new program, Walgreens District Manager Colby Fries spoke about his role as one of the participating retailers in the region. "The Face:Meth program is a great supplement to our existing efforts to curtail meth production," said Fries. "We understand the problems that meth abuse causes to communities and in 2006, Walgreens was the first national retailer to develop an electronic database that tracks all pseudoephedrine sales and prevents individuals from going to multiple Walgreens stores to purchase these products in higher quantities than allowed by law. Across Ohio, Walgreens has been successful in limiting the abuse of pseudoephedrine products by placing them behind the pharmacy counter and requiring patients to show photo identification and logging their name into its own national database."

This is what crossed my mind as well.

My Theory is that ICA didn't steal all that money. That it was pretty standard that she used her Mothers account to pick up stuff, and CA knew about it. All starting like you pointed out. It's like when I kid learns to drive, you send them to the store to save yourself the trip.

Then ICA might have started freely spending and not getting CA's ok. Since she didn't work for her bill money, etc.. I can see her way over spending.

What if when CA decided to cut ICA off, she also mentioned that she would/could claim the check writing (which she ok'ed) to show ICA as a thief and use to get/keep the baby??? Wonder how ICA would respond to such a slap??

I don't know about this one... I have a problem believing that Cindy would purposely give KC access (check or otherwise) to her money... KNOWING what a thief she is. IMO, KC has been stealing from people for quite some time, and Cindy KNEW that.

Our kids have always each had a debit card to our account, but then again, we knew they would never steal from us. It was just easier for them to pick up things for us or for us to give them money. They have never once taken money out of our account or bought something with our debit card without our knowledge.

So I understand the idea of a daughter purchasing things for her mother for convenience..... but given the players in this case, I'm not seeing it.

Speaking of pics...do we know if Amy ever got the camera she supposedly sent to the Hopespring address?

Yes she did. It was in the text messages I think. Amy said she addressed it wrong and it was sent back.

BBM

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Briefing-Room/News-Releases/August-2010/New-Local-Partnership-to-Tackle-Meth-Problem-in-Cl

At a news conference announcing the new program, Walgreens District Manager Colby Fries spoke about his role as one of the participating retailers in the region. "The Face:Meth program is a great supplement to our existing efforts to curtail meth production," said Fries. "We understand the problems that meth abuse causes to communities and in 2006, Walgreens was the first national retailer to develop an electronic database that tracks all pseudoephedrine sales and prevents individuals from going to multiple Walgreens stores to purchase these products in higher quantities than allowed by law. Across Ohio, Walgreens has been successful in limiting the abuse of pseudoephedrine products by placing them behind the pharmacy counter and requiring patients to show photo identification and logging their name into its own national database."

Most states and/or businesses have done this for a while. The people who do this type of thing usually have multiple ID's that change like the wind. :innocent:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
selaynehunter
Back