Cindy's Testimony at 911 Tapes Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing to think about.....After a defendent is convicted of murder what's the next step? Sentencing .KC is looking at the DP. Who do we usually hear from before sentencing? The defendents family.
KC has a LOT of experts working on her case.
I have no doubt they finally got Cindy to listen to reason.
YOU HAVE DONE KC NO FAVORS WITH YOUR BEHAVIOR!
One of the reasons a defendent might avoid the death penalty would be sympathy for the family.
Well,this family hasn't garnered much sympathy.
Just maybe Cindy's new look and demeanor has more to do with KC's case and less to do with Cindy's true feelings.

:hug:

I understand how you feel. My son had just turned 15 when he died and for a very long time I would see someone that looked the same from behind and for a moment,believed it could be him.Maybe there had been a terrible mistake.At the same time you know it's not true,but you hope...........

Snipped, bolded, colored and COMPLETELY off topic but... my god, I thought I was the only one. For the last two months, I've been seeing people who are exact replicas of my brother who passed away 4 years ago. I see them everywhere; grocery store, gas stations, even on TV for god's sake. Spitting images of my brother's face. Why is that? Is God helping us, or is it hurting us? Anyway, off topic, but thanks for making me not be the only one.

She has had a media coach after all- Jim Lichenstein is always at the hearings - it's all about spin. I am incredulous that anyone would accept that she does not remember vital information- it might be possible to forget minutiae but if you think back to the time when the investigation had just started she had notebooks full of 'pertinent' information, she tried repeatedly to tell LE and the FBI how to run their own investigation and she was extremely focused. She had reports/graphs, phone calls to manage....It is only now that she is facing a Prosecutor that she forgets so many things....

CA is not working, so what does she do with her time? Read, perhaps? You bet your petunia's she reads, and reads, and reads. That woman came prepared to that court room today.She even had a big wad of something in her mouth, and her staple water bottle. BC told her perjury will put you behind bars, and she had no choice, but to be truthful at times. Like I said, if I were the prosecution I would make my opening statement those 911 calls. Just total silence in the court room, and then push play.

IMO Cindy was heavily coached for her "performance" today, and she was congratulated at the end of the Hearing for her ability to control her temper and act like a decent human being on the witness stand. Pitiful that she is given affirmation for behaving in a respectful way, as if that is out of the norm for her (which it is). She had her media guy Jim L. smiling and laughing with her, and NBC's Kerry Sanders chatting up a storm with her as they were leaving the courtroom. She had Mason and Baez smiling broadly at her as if she did good (not to act like the raving B___C H she was in the Zenaida deposition).

I was depressed and saddened that when Cindy had the opportunity on the witness stand to clearly stand up for CAYLEE, she did not, and she hemmed and hawed and danced around the real reason that she frantically called 911 the last time.

They are all so proud of Cindy's performance ... I am NOT. I am sickened by her and Lee's gushing over Caylee's alleged killer, and to have the support of her father in the courtroom. It sickened me that Lee provided the Inmate with moments of endearment and love, rather than expressing concern for his murdered niece.

This.

I am not oblivious to my own naivety, and yes...she lied about a few things, but I have to give credit - all in all, she was a MUCH better witness than I anticipated. She wasn't combative and didn't argue with LDB when she was called on her conflicting statements. She repsectfully (IMO) succumbed. Baez & Mason weren't happy with her at all. In fact, I don't think she helped them AT ALL on direct exam.

The soft part of me just has to believe that some of those tears were for Caylee.

If she can maintain that same demeanor during trial, I think a jury would like her a helluva lot more than they will like Cheney Mason. A jury is not going to like CM and his condescending, chauvinistic nature. I really cannot stomach that man.

BBM
I'm reminded of an old Chris Rock routine about black guys who say they are good to their kids. "I take care of my kids! i take CARE of MY kids...so... what do you want.. a cookie? you're SUPPOSED to take care of your kids you a$$!!".... So ... what... we're supposed to give Cindy a cookie for telling the truth to the best of her ability IN COURT? Sure. Fine, I'll give her a cookie. But I want half that cookie back for her dumb *advertiser censored* kid wearing dirty worn out old jeans. Half a cookie back for the disrespect, please. Thank you.

CA is not working, so what does she do with her time? Read, perhaps? You bet your petunia's she reads, and reads, and reads. That woman came prepared to that court room today.She even had a big wad of something in her mouth, and her staple water bottle. BC told her perjury will put you behind bars, and she had no choice, but to be truthful at times. Like I said, if I were the prosecution I would make my opening statement those 911 calls. Just total silence in the court room, and then push play.

BBM

Baffles me, that she was gnawing right up until she stood up to testify. My boyfriend suggested she had an everlasting gobstopper, the way it was moving around her lower jaw. George too, right up to the end, his mouth was moving. Sickening.

True, ThinkTank! In these cases, the trial becomes TOTALLY about the predator and the victim is all but forgotten. I think all the courtrooms in this country should be wallpapered with the faces of victims so that we get back to placing the focus where it should be. Sorry ... just seems that Caylee is invisible in this ongoing circus.

COACHED.

I didn't get to see her whole testimony, but I had the strong impression that she was coached.

Don't get angry, Cindy.

Don't raise your voice, speak softly.

Stick to any crazy theory you have, even tell the whole world that Caylee is still alive.

Try to look like the remorseful, grief-stricken mother; if you can't cry then at least put a slight quiver in your voice.

If you can't answer a question, then try to kerfunkal them; instead of answering a question with a yes or a no, for instance, tell them that you don't know how the brain works, not even your own brain.

She followed directions well.

PS - I don't mean to insult anyone who had the opposite impression. It's just not the impression that I had. My opinion only, and subject to the lunacy that I live in.

And what was the deal with the Defense repeatedly trying to get Cindy and Debbie P. to say that it was GEORGE who put the idea of "smells like a dead body" in Cindy's mind and that's why she said that - when it was NOT George at all. That obvious deception made me sick and should have bothered George too, but it apparently did not phase him.

I can almost buy into being sympathetic to CA today on the stand. That momentary lapse, however, does not make me BELIEVE what she says. As CA continued to testify, I was able to regain my sanity. I hope that your statement of "...some on here are buying into it" does not rule us out of making a contribution to intelligent conversation. :)

Actually, I am a little mortified by how sorry I felt for CA. I think I jumped into bed with someone and will regret it in the morning. :) That is the truth for me at this moment. If I remember correctly, it doesn't necessarily reflect badly on a person if they are taken in by a manipulator. But I was today.

I think we have all had those moments we regret, sweetie.

I throughly enjoy intelligent conversation, and love silly conversations (with my 4 year old granddaughter). What I find disquisting is a person who has a conversation with me, and spews one lie after another, and then rounds up friends who have compassionate hearts to stick up for them when they get caught lying.

I think CA was told she could be charged with a crime if she did not tell the truth. Everything they asked was already in previous transcripts. She was also told she would be held in contempt if she did not answer or behave.

The saddest thing about it all is that KC has a family that loves her and stands by her, even though they know what she has done, even though they feel guilty for their own reasons. KC never knew until now, if it even sunk in. Family dysfunctions aside, they love her for the rest of her life.

For the rest of her life ......and beyond.

As a parent, I get that. You would hate what they did, hate the part of her that allowed her to do it, but there are 21 years before what she did, so the fact that it's your child.....you would always love some part of them......somewhere deep inside.

JMHO

I think if the CA we saw today would have been the CA we all have seen over the past two years we would have embraced her. I just can't stand the fact that she lied, and trashed so many good people who tried to help find Caylee. I look at the JM depo, and CA was lying through her teeth while under oath. Whether the questions by JM were relevent to the civil suit or not she didn't have to be so evil. Sorry, I can't take that woman.

Yes, she could have had the public's understanding and sympathy, and saved herself alot of pain and suffering if she just would've started out with the CA we saw today.

:cow:

Yes.....there certainly did seem to be a distinct George said, George told you, George knew, George did.......throughout the defense teams questioning.

Cat, do you think it is possible to feel some compassion for Cindy and still stand up for Caylee? Even if potential jurors are 'swayed' by Cindy (as you say) I don't think that would unduly affect their ability to determine Casey's involvement at all. Please don't be offended, I just don't want to see animosity between any posters here for differing views, KWIM?[/QUOTE)

CA does not deserve my compassion, because I am convinced that she stood in the way of not telling the truth from day one about her daughter's involvement in Caylee's murder. She chose to lie, and cover up for KC. CA realizes she can't get away with her lies, and outbursts in JP court room, and suddenly everyone is supposed to forget the past and applaude her for giving an award winning performance today. She had no choice! Sorry, I am a kind person with a heart of gold, but when it comes to the that family I see nothing but lies.

I am not offended by your post, sweetie. I agree with some, and disagree with others. I never make it personal.

Does anyone know where I can watch? I can't find the hearings UGH. Wasnt able to watch earlier, spent the day with my kids at the pool!!!

I've always defended her here.....and stopped posting because everyone wanted her head on a stick. I knew she would come through and tell the truth in the end. She had a TON to process and if ya ask me, she still isn't done.........but I knew she'd do the right thing.

I did the same and I also stopped posting, I only post now if I agree with the masses. Her having to testify in this sitution had to be one of the most difficult times in her life. I felt very bad for her and yet I still want Casey found guilty. I think she did the best she could...

I am a nurse and I can't imagine for one moment, my nursing supervisor having to testify about a personal matter and crime in my life in a court of law. I would be horrified and humiliated. The Nursing profession, by its very nature is imbued with professionalism, honor and respect. I wonder if they made any contact with one another. (BTW....who is JACKIE LAMANCHICK?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565