Cindy's Testimony at 911 Tapes Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I think CA tried to disassemble/lie to take the emphasis off of certain things where she could. LDB did a masterful job of using CA's sworn testimony to 'correct' or 'help' her remember certain 'fuzzy' points.

I think where CA was being honest was in the same 'moment' she was honest when the whole thing began - where LDB masterfully took her back in time emotionally to when she made the 911 calls and the chaos she was FEELING about Caylee. LDB barely touched on the conflict with ICA. She let CA feel herself back in the moment and that is what caused the overwhelming emotions/tears on the stand again today for CA.

LDB had me, as a parent/mother/human, feeling the panic a parent would feel in that same situation and empathizing. While I do not agree with how the Anthony's have handled themselves and do not feel they have given Caylee the respect she deserves I think LDB has and will continue to do so over the course of this trial. I also think LDB was able to break through and cause CA to feel that same emotion. Whatever this family has done, I do not doubt that they 'cared' for Caylee. I may not agree with how they cared for her when she was alive - but that is not what I am here for now. I am here to see that she receives justice - and I believe with the state prosecutors she will.

MOO

Hold it here folks, was I watching an entirely different hearing from all you today? She was truthful? She was honest? She was passionate? She was tearful?

What?

She was lying.

She was asked by Baez if she discussed the smell in the car with Amy during her ride to Tony Lazzaro's house. She said she couldnt' remember, but probably not, and after some nudging from Baez, she said the car wasn't even an issue at that point.

Did Amy not tell police in her interview that Cindy smelled the smell and Amy then told Cindy that Casey told her about George hitting the squirrel? HELLO???
------------------

She was asked about her time at Lazzaro's apartment - she testified today that she was there oh I don't know... maybe three seconds...

Did she not tell police, and did Lazzaro himself AND his roommates not tell police - that she came into the apartment and said "I hope you're rich because she's going to take you for all you've got" ???

---------------

She was asked if she told anybody at work that she smelled the smell of death in the car, and she said she couldn't recall but probably not...

DID DEBBIE NOT GET UP THERE AND PULL A COMPLETE AND UTTER JACKIE LAMANCHICK PERFORMANCE OR WHAT???

Come on.... she lied on at LEAST 7 or 8 questions that I counted, and I'm not even nearly as good as you guys here. I'm not the least bit fooled by her tears.

Wait, let me say, yes I feel her tears are genuine. Of course they are. I just feel that her tears are for Casey, and for herself, and not for Caylee.

MY tears are for Caylee. And I know all of yours are too, or you wouldn't be here.

I'm so sad for what happened here today. Casey, and all her eye-shadow, don't have me fooled for a second.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct. :smile:

Yes, she told lies. She and Amy DID talk about the car. She did warn Tony and friend about Casey's sticky fingers.

She was trying to say her memory is faulty because it was "two years ago" but then she turns around and says several paragraphs are missing from her FBI? interview. That's not a woman with a faulty memory. That's a woman claiming faulty memory because pleading the Fifth would have made her appear to be hiding something. Appearing to be lying would have been grounds for perjury. So to protect herself and her daughter, she claimed "faulty memory".

Hold it here folks, was I watching an entirely different hearing from all you today? She was truthful? She was honest? She was passionate? She was tearful?

What?

She was lying.

She was asked by Baez if she discussed the smell in the car with Amy during her ride to Tony Lazzaro's house. She said she couldnt' remember, but probably not, and after some nudging from Baez, she said the car wasn't even an issue at that point.

Did Amy not tell police in her interview that Cindy smelled the smell and Amy then told Cindy that Casey told her about George hitting the squirrel? HELLO???
------------------

She was asked about her time at Lazzaro's apartment - she testified today that she was there oh I don't know... maybe three seconds...

Did she not tell police, and did Lazzaro himself AND his roommates not tell police - that she came into the apartment and said "I hope you're rich because she's going to take you for all you've got" ???

---------------

She was asked if she told anybody at work that she smelled the smell of death in the car, and she said she couldn't recall but probably not...

DID DEBBIE NOT GET UP THERE AND PULL A COMPLETE AND UTTER JACKIE LAMANCHICK PERFORMANCE OR WHAT???

Come on.... she lied on at LEAST 7 or 8 questions that I counted, and I'm not even nearly as good as you guys here. I'm not the least bit fooled by her tears.

Wait, let me say, yes I feel her tears are genuine. Of course they are. I just feel that her tears are for Casey, and for herself, and not for Caylee.

MY tears are for Caylee. And I know all of yours are too, or you wouldn't be here.

I'm so sad for what happened here today. Casey, and all her eye-shadow, don't have me fooled for a second.

I ALMOST got pulled in.

For a BRIEF second.

Then, reality hit when she began with the selective memory and outright lies! Plus, from day 31 on-- I absolutely can't get past all of that--she would have to sit over on CAYLEE'S side of the court AND tell nothing but the absolute truth both in court AND in her little media appearances!!!

Is this woman going to crack when the guilty verdict comes in with a death sentence??? If todays performance is any indication of what's to come next year...........arguing the experts won't matter to the jury.

They are way past needing a deal. they need to give it up and go on bended knee to the state. A LWOP would be a GIFT at this point.

But, that's jmoo!

I guess I wondered how CA would be in front of the judge in a real courtroom. Would she be defiant, curt, angry or what? It was obvious somebody convinced her that her only option was to simply tell the truth, and I think she did that the best she could, without a chip on her shoulder. I almost didn't even begrudge her a few 'I can't recalls' because I was so glad she finally sincerely showed respect for the courtroom. She looked almost already dead to me and I just couldn't despise her today. But she will be accountable to Caylee for her behavior for two years, we just won't be witness to that.

I think CA was told she could be charged with a crime if she did not tell the truth. Everything they asked was already in previous transcripts. She was also told she would be held in contempt if she did not answer or behave.

The saddest thing about it all is that KC has a family that loves her and stands by her, even though they know what she has done, even though they feel guilty for their own reasons. KC never knew until now, if it even sunk in. Family dysfunctions aside, they love her for the rest of her life.

so....can anyone manage to find a tiny bit of compassion for the woman and the position she's in?

My heart breaks for her.

I think if the CA we saw today would have been the CA we all have seen over the past two years we would have embraced her. I just can't stand the fact that she lied, and trashed so many good people who tried to help find Caylee. I look at the JM depo, and CA was lying through her teeth while under oath. Whether the questions by JM were relevent to the civil suit or not she didn't have to be so evil. Sorry, I can't take that woman.

tehcloser --- I noticed Casey looked P*ssed when Cindy was on the stand and paranoid when Lee was up there. I also noticed while explaining how long she was at the house etc....Cindy said she put Casey's pants in the washer, and then later she said when she got back she "took the slacks out of the dryer"......so who put them in the dryer if no one was supposed to be at home??????? Or was someone there "cleaning" out the car

I caught this also. When Jose was questioning her about the timeline of events. Something like what time she left work, picked up the car, returned to the house with the car (here she states that she noticed things in the car.....put the slacks in the laundry) and returned to work......stayed at work for approx an hour before they made her leave, she returned home ........ took the slacks out of the dryer ......she then went thru the car finding Amy's papers and proceeded to contact Amy to find Casey......etc.

THEN when she was questioned by the State........she tells Linda Drake that after bringing the car home; she and Geo rtn to their jobs. She said she was at the house for about 5 min. I thought how could those pants be washed and in the dryer in 5 min. :waitasec:

I just remembered another thing she was lying about... Baez asked her what happened when she got to Tony's apartment and asked Casey to leave with her - she volunteered that "The only thing i let her take with her was her shoes."

No.

Her interview with police, as well as Tony's, said that she told Casey we're leaving NOW and Casey said she was coming back to Tony's and would leave all her stuff there and Cindy said no take it all because we're going. In fact, here at WS it was a big discussion about why Casey would go into the back bedroom, shut the door for a few minutes (and this is the time that Cindy said to the guys "I hope you're rich cause she's gonna take you for all you're worth", or whatever, which she also side-stepped in court today DELIBERATELY by saying she was only in the doorway for about 3 seconds!!!) and come out with not even her purse, with nothing, what WAS she doing in the bedroom for that minute or two??? -

She said in court today that she insisted Casey leave everything behind and only grab her shoes.

That is not true. That is not true. That is NOT true.

I don't believe she lied at all. You are talking about STUPID details in comparison to everything else, trivial stupid things...People forget.

I know I forgot lots of things that were peripheral when giving depositions some 2 years after a traumatic event. Time gets blurred and the little things get fuzzy. The BIG stuff, that never goes away.

Do you honestly believe for a second that you shed more tears and loved Caylee more than Cindy????????????

I know this wasn't aimed at me, but yes, I do think I've shed more real tears and loved Caylee more than she ever did. Caylee was a pawn to be used against Casey. If she really loved that child, she wouldn't have let her disappear for a month and then wonder where she was. She wouldn't have enabled Casey to the point of not holding her responsible for anything, yet wanting her to suddenly and miraculously be responsible for Caylee. I could go on and on.

Those details weren't STUPID by the way, they were important and she just chose not to "remember" them when asked. And HELLO, she said she remembered an ENTIRE transcript because apparently the FBfreakingI left parts of it OUT. She also remembered LOTS of details when it was Tony Lazarro's apartment, or something that made her look good. But when it was something that could make her and Casey look bad, it was all "I don't remember", "I don't know," etc.

I'm sorry, but she should remember every BIT of that day. She knew exactly what that smell was. It was not just a regular day with oh, a stinky smell on the side. Please. She worried about Caylee before that day, and that smell made her worry more. I am just furious that she acted like everything was calm and everyone respected each other. Thankfully Lee nipped that in the bud on the stand.

She was truthful to a point. She was not completely truthful, she was as truthful as she needed to be, and LDB totally sank her lies on cross exam. I'm sure if she could have, she would have whipped out those depos to reveal the other lies Cindy told, but the hearing wasn't about Cindy.

I'm just saying, for a moment there I almost had sympathy. I was literally rethinking what I thought about her. And then she blamed the FBI for an incorrect transcript. She just can't help but be her narcisstic self in the end. And she's going to be on the stand a lot more than she was today. We'll see when the trial starts how long she lasts before she finally loses her composure.

I will say that I admire those that can have compassion for her. I just can't. Not after all she's done. Today's testimony had the potential to bring me closer to empathy for her, but in the end, I was right back where I started.

Did we know before today that Cindy told Casey two weeks before the car was picked up from the impound lot that Cindy wanted the car brought back home? I have missed this information somehow if it was known before.

Cindy looked defeated to me when being questioned by Linda. I also noticed that Casey didn't look at Cindy much at all. At the point when Cindy was in tears on the stand Casey was completely unmoved. Casey sat as if she were made of stone.

News to me about CA telling KC she wanted the car back two weeks before July
15th. KC did give her back the car didn't she?

And let's not forget about the entire spin of this brilliant move...

"I never smelled a dead body in the trunk of a car.", when questioned whether she knew what a dead body smelled like.

And i'll let that stand on its own two feet.

I must say I was a little bemused when CA said (paraphrase) "I am not sure if I shook her (ICA)..I know I wanted to".

I believe she was as honest as she could be. ICA isnt the only one with issues with reality :moo:

eta ahhh how do I make the lil cow moo? :)

You make the little cow moo by typing cow inside the two colons instead of moo. :cow:

What?

She was lying.

------------------

---------------

Best Post of the Day!!! Thank you.

I have no compassion for any of the A clan. None, zippo, nadda.

Any one of them could have stopped this circus July 15, 08 but instead they intentionally sideswiped any and all avenues to assist LE, the FBI and the SAO. They went out of their way to sabotage the investigation. They intentionally lied to create a cover up story. They have absolutely NO RESPECT for the law or the courts.

They have been living off the murder of Caylee instead of doing what normal people would do; go back to work and earn an honest wage to support themselves.

They continue to lie and show the world how little they respected Caylee's short life.

By the way, CA played her martyr role really well today. Ya'll got to see a narcissist working the room in true form. She changed roles immediately and knew when to play the room. She even managed to get some hard core people here to feel sorry for her. ICA did the exact same thing, she just didn't get the results she wanted. She was still looking for real tears to be produced by her squeezing her eyes tight, or poking at em.

ITA Ca acted exactly as I expected and it seems as though she has gained
some newfound sympathy from reading some of the posts. Sorry CA did not
change my mind at all. She is desperately trying to manipulate what actually
took place during the time Caylee was missing. She had no choice but to
attempt to act as though she is being honest.
Lee is so odd I can't even comment other than to find it beyond strange with
the I love you to KC and the jovial attitude.

I think CA was told she could be charged with a crime if she did not tell the truth. Everything they asked was already in previous transcripts. She was also told she would be held in contempt if she did not answer or behave.

The saddest thing about it all is that KC has a family that loves her and stands by her, even though they know what she has done, even though they feel guilty for their own reasons. KC never knew until now, if it even sunk in. Family dysfunctions aside, they love her for the rest of her life.

She only told the truth at certain points of the testimony because it was presented to her in black and white. Where ever she could sow doubt she still did, by saying 'I don't remember' - she has that selective memory syndrome..

I just remembered another thing she was lying about... Baez asked her what happened when she got to Tony's apartment and asked Casey to leave with her - she volunteered that "The only thing i let her take with her was her shoes."

No.

Her interview with police, as well as Tony's, said that she told Casey we're leaving NOW and Casey said she was coming back to Tony's and would leave all her stuff there and Cindy said no take it all because we're going. In fact, here at WS it was a big discussion about why Casey would go into the back bedroom, shut the door for a few minutes (and this is the time that Cindy said to the guys "I hope you're rich cause she's gonna take you for all you're worth", or whatever, which she also side-stepped in court today DELIBERATELY by saying she was only in the doorway for about 3 seconds!!!) and come out with not even her purse, with nothing, what WAS she doing in the bedroom for that minute or two??? -

She said in court today that she insisted Casey leave everything behind and only grab her shoes.

That is not true. That is not true. That is NOT true.

What I'm remembering: Cindy told Casey to get her things and Casey refused to get them.
While LE had Casey driving her around to find Zanny :crazy:, Lee was sent to Tonys to get her belongings.
After he brought them back,, Cindy pocketed the money in Caseys wallet and Lee found receipts and tried to create a timeline. IIRC

~l~

Absolutely no sympathy for any of the Anthony's from me. All I have to do is think about that precious little girl with duct tape wrapped so tight around her beautiful little face, put in garbage bags and a laundry bag, riding around for who knows how long in the trunk of her mother's car and then tossed away like GARBAGE. Actually garbage is actually treated better than Caylee was because it at least ends up in a landfill and not in some woods and presumably under water for a great period of time. Nope, no sympathy from me whatsoever. In fact, if it were up to me, George, Cindy, and Lee would all be sitting right beside Casey at the defense table waiting their turn to be sentenced. Hell ain't hot enough for any of them. JMO.

Unbelievable...you begrudge them a meal????????? They believe their granddaughter was still alive and were doing everything in their power to find her ...alive. They wanted her alive, not dead.

Yeah, I guess a few crab puffs at the Ritz are so outrageous they should be shot...eyeroll.....

It's not so much the meal. It's who paid for the meal I find sickening. Caylee's pictures, and video's paid for those crab puffs, so yes I resent them eating those bloody crab puffs.

News to me about CA telling KC she wanted the car back two before July
15th. KC did give her back the car didn't she?

Nope, not new news ...CA babbled this in one of the earlier interviews with LE and the FBI among all the other "stories" she spewed out then.

No .. .. ICA never returned the vehicle ..... it was left at Amscots. ICA didn't even have the courtesy to let GA know it, but she managed to tell all her new found acquaintances that GA was taking it to the dealership. :doh:

While I think CA tried to disassemble/lie to take the emphasis off of certain things where she could. LDB did a masterful job of using CA's sworn testimony to 'correct' or 'help' her remember certain 'fuzzy' points.

I think where CA was being honest was in the same 'moment' she was honest when the whole thing began - where LDB masterfully took her back in time emotionally to when she made the 911 calls and the chaos she was FEELING about Caylee. LDB barely touched on the conflict with ICA. She let CA feel herself back in the moment and that is what caused the overwhelming emotions/tears on the stand again today for CA.

LDB had me, as a parent/mother/human, feeling the panic a parent would feel in that same situation and empathizing. While I do not agree with how the Anthony's have handled themselves and do not feel they have given Caylee the respect she deserves I think LDB has and will continue to do so over the course of this trial. I also think LDB was able to break through and cause CA to feel that same emotion. Whatever this family has done, I do not doubt that they 'cared' for Caylee. I may not agree with how they cared for her when she was alive - but that is not what I am here for now. I am here to see that she receives justice - and I believe with the state prosecutors she will.

MOO

I said in the live thread while the hearing was in session how brilliantly LDB broke down CA's emotional barriers. She did it so well, I don't think CA knew it was coming. That's why we saw her tears. I do believe at that moment we saw the real Cindy and her grief over Caylee. LDB was a master. For those moments, I had some sympathy for Cindy. For those moments.

I'm in awe of LDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member