Cindy's Testimony at 911 Tapes Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that whole part confused me. I doubt Casey even paid for insurance.

I'm trying to remember which transcript it is in, but in an LE interview with Lee he says he sold it to her, but she made two payments only and then no more.
That Christmas when he didn't get her a Christmas present, she asked him why and he replied "I already bought you a car". Casey didn't pay for anything, ever.

No:snooty:, I've said this before on other threads, the state has no reason to offer Casey a plea deal. Caylee's body was found without her help or cooperation. They have no more need of her. They have a very strong case against her. Casey doesn't have much to gain by changing her plea to Guilty at this point either, except to spare a trial in which she'd probably enjoy the limelight...
AZLawyer pointed out on the lawyer thread, that without a deal with the state, even if Casey were to plead Guilty, she might still be facing the Death Penalty.

If you lived around Atlanta, you would realize a very good reason to offer a deal - cost. Around hear we are still reeling from the Brian Nichols’ case. In 2005 Nichols was on trial for rape when he escaped from custody and stole the gun from his guard (and fractured her brain) then he entered the courtroom and murdered the judge presiding over his trial, a court reporter, a Sheriff's Deputy, and later a Federal agent. A large-scale manhunt was launched in metro-Atlanta and Nichols was taken into custody 26 hours later. The prosecution charged him with committing 54 crimes during the escape and he was found guilty on all counts in November 2008.

However, because of jury holdouts, he did not get the death penalty.

Instead this trail depleted the budget for Fulton County and estimated $3 million for the prosecution and defense combined – plus an estimated $10 million on other expenses from the case. The Public defenders office has basically been bankrupt since then with many, many cases awaiting trail with no money to prosecute or defend.

Could she have meant 2 weeks earlier than the time she actually picked up the car? That would have been about the time Casey failed to show with Caylee, avoided Lee's attempt to locate her, and Cindy's MySpace posting.

I see what you mean. She tells the dispatcher that KC stole the car on the 30th (which is around when it was impounded). So perhaps she was using that date to imply it had actually been stolen in case LE wanted to question KC, and she could actually say it had been stolen from her.

It could certainly be that the July 3 thing was when CA realized that being ditched by "Zanny" when she went to meet Caylee would allow her to ratchet the threats up to vehicle theft.

ITA about the car "ownership" thing. LA probably made payments as long as he used it and then expected KC to make them when he got a new car and she began to drive it. I'm thinking that CA took them over again, depending on how many were left. It's so hard to figure out what any of them actually mean when they say something.

I see what you mean. She tells the dispatcher that KC stole the car on the 30th (which is around when it was impounded). So perhaps she was using that date to imply it had actually been stolen in case LE wanted to question KC, and she could actually say it had been stolen from her.

It could certainly be that the July 3 thing was when CA realized that being ditched by "Zanny" when she went to meet Caylee would allow her to ratchet the threats up to vehicle theft.

ITA about the car "ownership" thing. LA probably made payments as long as he used it and then expected KC to make them when he got a new car and she began to drive it. I'm thinking that CA took them over again, depending on how many were left. It's so hard to figure out what any of them actually mean when they say something.

I don't think so- I will search for the transcript later, where he talks about it, but I understood Lee had paid off the car, then sold'' it to Casey with the understanding she made monthly payments to him- but she made only two...
I dunno why he didn't repo it at that point and just sell it for cash, but who understands the dynamics of this family...? probably Cindy would have intervened if he tried to do that.

Sort of hard to make payments on anything when you DO NOT have a job!

I think I remember that too, don't worry about digging it up. Suffice it to say, it looks like LA always got the short end of the stick for being responsible and his sister got to skate. Prolly cuz CA had different standards for the family "princess" having been one herself.

Sort of hard to make payments on anything when you DO NOT have a job!

Well and you'd think that would have been clue #1 that KC wasn't working. No car payments and she stole money from her grandfather to pay her cellphone bill. Why would she bother to grow up when people were always covering her butt?

I think KC may have been shocked to see Lee's hair turning gray. jmo

ITA. I sure was! I called in my husband and SIL who dont care one bit cause I had to share my shock with someone :biglaugh:

The car comments regarding whose car it was...

In my family, cars were bought and owned by my parents together...but who ever drove the thing most it was their car.

So that wonderful Fury III that I drove all the time was considered mine by everyone but the law. Technically it was my parents but as far as everyone was concerned it was mine.

But I agree, it is hard to know what this family means at any point in time.

Reviewing the testimony in my mind...kinda like a really bad replay...this trial is going to be something else.

I am not sure CA is going to be able to handle many days on the stand...then you have GA and LA...but then again, like someone said will KC be able to sit there for 2 months of testimony, Amy, Tony, etc, etc as the SA carefully lays out its case, line upon line...I think KC is going to blow a gasket!

Anyone else thinking the amount she was supposed to pay for the car was $4000? That's the figure that kept popping up in casey's financial lies to the family. Once she paid off Cindy with $4000 worth of fake deposit slips and the other time I'm thinking of is when she was held up at the sports authority for the same amount. I'm thinking she's avoiding car repayments with all this.

Maybe she was realizing how much time has gone by....and how much time us left

OR, what an impact this has had on her brother. Maybe if she had told him the truth the police would have never known. Caylee having gone to live with her biological father. "Oh, you thought he died in a crash? Turns out it was the wrong Eric Josh Jesus Smith. There was another one just like the one who was killed on his way to Caylee's birthday party. The real dad is still alive and rich, so how could KC refuse"......It's really scarry to think what could have happen if there were no 911 calls.

Just got to watch the hearing the last couple days. I had been dreading it knowing how hard it would be on CA and LA being questioned again, dreading the rambling answers, etc. Watching it, well first, I was so turned off when Cindy took a water bottle with her onto the witness stand. I was very surprised it was allowed. What are people thinking these days, that you can't go a few minutes without refreshment, even when you're in court? It's like people think everywhere they go is their living room now. Like she couldn't have had a drink before going on the stand and again after if she wanted to?
However, I thought Cindy did very well in the hearing. I thought she seemed to be making a conscious effort to answer the questions as concisely and directly as possible. She did a very good job.
I was a little shocked when she said she still thinks Caylee is alive. I could understand it to some extent, but what I can't understand is, if she has any doubt that those were Caylee's remains, why did she have the remains cremated? I never understood their decision to have the remains cremated anyway for a few reasons, if it were me I wouldn't have done that. But if they thought there was any chance it was someone else's child?

OR, what an impact this has had on her brother. Maybe if she had told him the truth the police would have never known. Caylee having gone to live with her biological father. "Oh, you thought he died in a crash? Turns out it was the wrong Eric Josh Jesus Smith. There was another one just like the one who was killed on his way to Caylee's birthday party. The real dad is still alive and rich, so how could KC refuse"......It's really scarry to think what could have happen if there were no 911 calls.

Or if she had the brains to steal enough money from one of them to get out to California, where she could leech off one of the boyfriends, until she could get out on her own, and then just never come back home, and cut off all contact with GA and CA.... People leave their families every day to get away.

And that (Cindy saying she still thinks Caylee is alive) seemed to be the only thing said during Cindy's testimony that Casey responded to at all. She got emotional about that. Other than that, she just had the vacant expression with her eyes drifting and jiggling around like they do.

The car comments regarding whose car it was...

In my family, cars were bought and owned by my parents together...but who ever drove the thing most it was their car.

So that wonderful Fury III that I drove all the time was considered mine by everyone but the law. Technically it was my parents but as far as everyone was concerned it was mine.

But I agree, it is hard to know what this family means at any point in time.

Reviewing the testimony in my mind...kinda like a really bad replay...this trial is going to be something else.

I am not sure CA is going to be able to handle many days on the stand...then you have GA and LA...but then again, like someone said will KC be able to sit there for 2 months of testimony, Amy, Tony, etc, etc as the SA carefully lays out its case, line upon line...I think KC is going to blow a gasket!

I agree. I think it will be an awful thing to see.

I agree! I posted this on the “Cindy is still looking for Caylee?” thread …

I think Cindy & Lee were extensively prepped by the defense and their new strategy is that Cindy is a “crazy grandma,” as she called herself, to explain away what she said in the 911 tapes, the ballistic Morgan depo’s & other damaging statements she’s made for 2 years. And Mason deliberately mentioned that Cindy believes Caylee is alive in his closing statement, it’s all part of this new strategy, imo. But I don’t foresee the jury buying her baloney, they’ll see her combativeness & lying as covering up from the beginning.

And Cindy is absolutely using this ploy to try to get herself off the hook for her criminal behavior - not calling 911 when they knew what the smell was, tampering with evidence (washing the pants etc), bragging that she gave the wrong hairbrush to investigators, lying to local LE, lying to the FBI, collecting donations when they knew Caylee was dead, etc.

moo moo moo

Quote Respect cottoncandy :)

:clap: Thank you.

I reviewed the entire hearing and watched it this time instead of the glancing back and forth when it was in progress. I think that comment was a defensive aside inserted in response to KC's friend's statements and never touched on in the questioning. It was her opinion. We know of statements from JG and other friends that contradict this.

Upon the second viewing, the entire redirect with JB appears to wander back into the questionable territory.
That's what's scary...she has a very short memory if that's her "opinion".

Thanks Chiquita, for bringing up the transcript of the second 911 call. It reminded me that one of the things I heard CA say for the first time was that she had told Casey to return the car two weeks earlier than it was impounded (she describes it as "stolen" on the 30th, which means that two weeks earlier would have been roughly the 15th).

This is in direct opposition to her statements that she made where she implies she was unconcerned because she knew KC was off "bonding" with Caylee and that she didn't need to know where she was, trusted her daughter, etc.

It also suggests that KC left home in such a way that it made her parents very upset. If she had simply walked out of the house as GA describes, on her way to "work" and the "nanny's", then why would her parents think she had "stolen" the car? It implies that when she came home on June 14th (after being gone most of that week at RM's etc), her mother had perhaps ordered her to stay and keep Caylee at home. After the trip to Mt. Dora on Father's Day, that clearly did not happen, as they were never seen together again after the next day.

CA telling LDB that she had told KC to return the car two weeks before it was impounded is in complete contradiction to her subsequent stories she told LE and the FBI and the press about why KC had left home and in which she minimizes its significance or meaning.

In order for CA to have assumed that the car was taken without permission, she is almost admitting that KC left after an argument or fight of some kind on the night of the 15th.

Quote Respect cecybeans :)

ITA. Thank you.

And, to add thoughts I have had since I watched the hearing.

The events of the previous two years has caused Cindy to pay attention to her looks, to pamper herself physically and she has been seen smiling, not only on a cruise ship but as she entered or exited other court dates. She has very recently been on television, jewelery and all quite able to remember all kinds of events and feelings from years ago.

If I go by the way Cindy looked and acted, I have to see a depressed, defeated bag lady grandma only because it is so drastically different from how her "pain" has manifested for the last two years. When I hear her words, there is no other choice(for me)but to believe this is another attempt by Cindy to spin reality to suit her needs.

Cindy denying Casey was pregnant to everyone at her brothers wedding is a prime example of this behavior of her's and her daughter. That is someone trying to convince a whole group of people that what they know, they do not know and what they see with their own eyes, is not real. That is serious voodoo.

Which is the defeated grieving Cindy? The one who pampered herself for the last two years with the money gained from the death of her granddaughter? Or the one we saw on the stand in the last hearing?

If anyone did to Cindy, what Cindy has done to others, and said the things Cindy has said about others, she would be calling them a lot worse than awful people. But, she is really doing the things she accuses others of doing and says they are awful people for...

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy[/ame]

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently professing beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that are inconsistent with one's actions. Hypocrisy is thus a kind of lie.

The hypocrite thinks that what he or she usually professes does not somehow apply to him or her. It is not simply an inconsistency between what is praised or admired and what is done.

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member