Cindy's Testimony at 911 Tapes Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA, I feel the SA has spent hours getting ready for this.

KC hates her mom, it was her and Lee against mom most of their lives. I think everyone worked together to keep mom happy by hiding a lot from her.

I think there is one more question besides will KC accept a plea...will the state offer/or accept it?
I think that the state would offer her LWOP, to save on the cost of a trial, but I hope they don't go any lower than that.

I would love to see a breakdown of the "I don't remembers"...and I'm not just talking about her recall of July 15th. What I'm a tad concerned with...as should be her attorney...is the stories that she's disseminated. "Say it enough times you tend to believe it" kinda thing. She would have to see her stories for what they were...just stories. IMO she was coached...and she was coached well.

Yeah, I think this is exactly the type of thing the research addresses, and ultimately it serves to alter the memory. Good coaching just doesn't appear to be enough to alter the course of events that are now in motion.

In light of the outcome of the testimonies, KC's last, best hope is an Alford Plea. There are too many facts of the matter already known to the public, in order to obtain an acquittal (barring conclusive evidence that Caylee's death was the result of an accident unrelated to neglect). :cow:

I think that the state would offer her LWOP, to save on the cost of a trial, but I hope they don't go any lower than that.

I hate it when they offer pleas to save on expenses or effort! If she killed her child she deserves to get the maximum sentence, whatever it takes to get there...

I would love to see a breakdown of the "I don't remembers"...and I'm not just talking about her recall of July 15th. What I'm a tad concerned with...as should be her attorney...is the stories that she's disseminated. "Say it enough times you tend to believe it" kinda thing. She would have to see her stories for what they were...just stories. IMO she was coached...and she was coached well.

I agree! I posted this on the “Cindy is still looking for Caylee?” thread …

I think Cindy & Lee were extensively prepped by the defense and their new strategy is that Cindy is a “crazy grandma,” as she called herself, to explain away what she said in the 911 tapes, the ballistic Morgan depo’s & other damaging statements she’s made for 2 years. And Mason deliberately mentioned that Cindy believes Caylee is alive in his closing statement, it’s all part of this new strategy, imo. But I don’t foresee the jury buying her baloney, they’ll see her combativeness & lying as covering up from the beginning.

And Cindy is absolutely using this ploy to try to get herself off the hook for her criminal behavior - not calling 911 when they knew what the smell was, tampering with evidence (washing the pants etc), bragging that she gave the wrong hairbrush to investigators, lying to local LE, lying to the FBI, collecting donations when they knew Caylee was dead, etc.

moo moo moo

I'm surprised no one has asked CA if she feels Caylee is still alive because she gave investigators articles with the wrong DNA????

Yeah, I think this is exactly the type of thing the research addresses, and ultimately it serves to alter the memory. Good coaching just doesn't appear to be enough to alter the course of events that are now in motion.

In light of the outcome of the testimonies, KC's last, best hope is an Alford Plea. There are too many facts of the matter already known to the public, in order to obtain an acquittal (barring conclusive evidence that Caylee's death was the result of an accident unrelated to neglect). :cow:
Do you honestly think that CA believes she would never disparage Casey in front of her friends? You see, I'm having a hard time accepting Cindy A's "selective" memory. The transcripts definitely can help her with that...but if the SA has to go to the transcript every single time...it may make for a very long trial...at least her testimony will be.

I'm surprised no one has asked CA if she feels Caylee is still alive because she gave investigators articles with the wrong DNA????
Like I've said before...the reporters never seem to ask the good questions.

I think there is one more question besides will KC accept a plea...will the state offer/or accept it?
No:snooty:, I've said this before on other threads, the state has no reason to offer Casey a plea deal. Caylee's body was found without her help or cooperation. They have no more need of her. They have a very strong case against her. Casey doesn't have much to gain by changing her plea to Guilty at this point either, except to spare a trial in which she'd probably enjoy the limelight...
AZLawyer pointed out on the lawyer thread, that without a deal with the state, even if Casey were to plead Guilty, she might still be facing the Death Penalty.

No:snooty:, I've said this before on other threads, the state has no reason to offer Casey a plea deal. Caylee's body was found without her help or cooperation. They have no more need of her. They have a very strong case against her. Casey doesn't have much to gain by changing her plea to Guilty at this point either, except to spare a trial in which she'd probably enjoy the limelight...
AZLawyer pointed out on the lawyer thread, that without a deal with the state, even if Casey were to plead Guilty, she might still be facing the Death Penalty.

That is what I was thinking...though not so fleshed out...her goose, she is cooked.

Cindy would not give up ownership of that car.It's in my name .She took it june 30,same day as impound.Everything and everyone is her possessions!

Cindy would not give up ownership of that car.It's in my name .She took it june 30,same day as impound.Everything and everyone is her possessions!

I'm stilll trying to figure out HOW Lee sold the car to KC when it wasn't his to sell..

Thanks Chiquita, for bringing up the transcript of the second 911 call. It reminded me that one of the things I heard CA say for the first time was that she had told Casey to return the car two weeks earlier than it was impounded (she describes it as "stolen" on the 30th, which means that two weeks earlier would have been roughly the 15th).

This is in direct opposition to her statements that she made where she implies she was unconcerned because she knew KC was off "bonding" with Caylee and that she didn't need to know where she was, trusted her daughter, etc.

It also suggests that KC left home in such a way that it made her parents very upset. If she had simply walked out of the house as GA describes, on her way to "work" and the "nanny's", then why would her parents think she had "stolen" the car? It implies that when she came home on June 14th (after being gone most of that week at RM's etc), her mother had perhaps ordered her to stay and keep Caylee at home. After the trip to Mt. Dora on Father's Day, that clearly did not happen, as they were never seen together again after the next day.

CA telling LDB that she had told KC to return the car two weeks before it was impounded is in complete contradiction to her subsequent stories she told LE and the FBI and the press about why KC had left home and in which she minimizes its significance or meaning.

In order for CA to have assumed that the car was taken without permission, she is almost admitting that KC left after an argument or fight of some kind on the night of the 15th.

When Cindy is discussing when they found the notice from the tow yard on their door, I could swear the 'early' story was that they found it on the Monday before the 15th (which would be Sunday the 13th). On the stand, she testified that it was the Sunday after the 4th of July, which would make that the 7th.

Why would they delay more than a week after notification to get the car ?

When Cindy is discussing when they found the notice from the tow yard on their door, I could swear the 'early' story was that they found it on the Monday before the 15th (which would be Sunday the 13th). On the stand, she testified that it was the Sunday after the 4th of July, which would make that the 7th.

Why would they delay more than a week after notification to get the car ?
Maybe she meant the Sunday after the 4th of July weekend?

Thanks Chiquita, for bringing up the transcript of the second 911 call. It reminded me that one of the things I heard CA say for the first time was that she had told Casey to return the car two weeks earlier than it was impounded (she describes it as "stolen" on the 30th, which means that two weeks earlier would have been roughly the 15th).

This is in direct opposition to her statements that she made where she implies she was unconcerned because she knew KC was off "bonding" with Caylee and that she didn't need to know where she was, trusted her daughter, etc.

It also suggests that KC left home in such a way that it made her parents very upset. If she had simply walked out of the house as GA describes, on her way to "work" and the "nanny's", then why would her parents think she had "stolen" the car? It implies that when she came home on June 14th (after being gone most of that week at RM's etc), her mother had perhaps ordered her to stay and keep Caylee at home. After the trip to Mt. Dora on Father's Day, that clearly did not happen, as they were never seen together again after the next day.

CA telling LDB that she had told KC to return the car two weeks before it was impounded is in complete contradiction to her subsequent stories she told LE and the FBI and the press about why KC had left home and in which she minimizes its significance or meaning.

In order for CA to have assumed that the car was taken without permission, she is almost admitting that KC left after an argument or fight of some kind on the night of the 15th.
Could she have meant 2 weeks earlier than the time she actually picked up the car? That would have been about the time Casey failed to show with Caylee, avoided Lee's attempt to locate her, and Cindy's MySpace posting.

Do you honestly think that CA believes she would never disparage Casey in front of her friends? You see, I'm having a hard time accepting Cindy A's "selective" memory. The transcripts definitely can help her with that...but if the SA has to go to the transcript every single time...it may make for a very long trial...at least her testimony will be.

I reviewed the entire hearing and watched it this time instead of the glancing back and forth when it was in progress. I think that comment was a defensive aside inserted in response to KC's friend's statements and never touched on in the questioning. It was her opinion. We know of statements from JG and other friends that contradict this.

Upon the second viewing, the entire redirect with JB appears to wander back into the questionable territory.

I think either Brad or Jim L coached Cindy on how to dress. Cindy was dressed up as a poor 'ol Grandma, flowered dress, sweater, hair unkept and just an overall pathetic impression. I suppose this will be the persona we might expect to see throughout the trial.
Now, I wonder what they will try to turn Lee into? :waitasec:

I think either Brad or Jim L coached Cindy on how to dress. Cindy was dressed up as a poor 'ol Grandma, flowered dress, sweater, hair unkept and just an overall pathetic impression. I suppose this will be the persona we might expect to see throughout the trial.
Now, I wonder what they will try to turn Lee into? :waitasec:

I noticed the lack of makeup as well. Contrast her appearance in this hearing with that of her Zenaida Gonzales deposition, and the difference is striking. They left no stone unturned in trying to soften her image.

I think KC may have been shocked to see Lee's hair turning gray. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member