Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A detective who worked on the Claremont serial killer case in Western Australia says a rape in a Perth cemetery in 1995, one year before the first of the murders, could be “incredibly important” to the investigation.
Paul Ferguson I assume?

The Post newspaper in Perth has reported that detectives believe the killer of three women last seen in Claremont also abducted a 17-year-old girl from Gugeri street in 1995 then raped her at Karrakatta cemetery. The newspaper speculates the rapist is the same man who murdered Ciara Glennon, a 27-year-old lawyer, in March 1997.
So you're saying Bret Christian from the Post's only source is a comment made by Paul Ferguson many years prior and rehashed recently on Sunday Night? So in essence Bret Christian has some sort of grievance with WAPOL so more or less fabricated the recent story?

Is that what you're saying?

I think there's been a sniff out there , and many agency's are trying to sell media

7 years later let's talk about boots lined with plastic and so forth , linking rapes 17 years later , a major straw grab and for the likes of Bret Christiansen selling a muppet of a paper or the attempt to , I still struggle to see how and why it's even picked up by main stream that's right he's preset ting it to the public domain himself , didn't he start the dr jingle ?

7 years later let's talk about boots lined with plastic and so forth , linking rapes 17 years later , a major straw grab and for the likes of Bret Christiansen selling a muppet of a paper or the attempt to , I still struggle to see how and why it's even picked up by main stream that's right he's preset ting it to the public domain himself , didn't he start the dr jingle ?

The Sunrise episode certainly had nothing to do with the police. The "forensic link" though - see my opinion above. What's the Dr Jingle? I'm unaware of that.

I feel sorry for the operational officers , how do cruddy articles like this filter to the media? Cruddy journalists IMHO
how's the bloke with the twitter feed on her real whizz kid that one ....

I'm not aware of BC playing a game but certainly a lot of recent media articles seemed to originate from him.

NC? I just don't know. I think his story is unlikely but at the same time believe he is convinced of it. I think he had a lot of circumstantial evidence and to bolster the story's credibility I think there's a good dose of bluff and fiction in there.

Are you able to explain the similarities in what BC and NC are/were doing?

The detective quoted in the recent Post article was Terry Dobson i'm pretty sure. Not Paul Ferguson.

Not sure if BC is trying to up the "sales" of a free local newspaper that gets delivered either.

Possibly not mr wizz but people pay to advertise in it so the more it circulates it self you know how these things work , don't play all senior citizen

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here but I have been reading this thread for a few months. I really hope someone catches this guy soon. I think I've been feeling sick thinking about CsK lately, because it's been so long most people in perth don't think about it anymore and have become complacent. My daughter is a teenager now so I worry that her generation has no idea there was a serial killer in perth that has never been caught. I don't have any inside information and no clue who he(or she?) is, but I have a few theories. It does make sense that he has left perth. Also I think someone may have found out who he was, maybe a cop, maybe he confided in someone, and that person took matters into their own hands and the guy has been excecuted long ago. Another theory of mine is that with the rise of the Internet, he has been able to connect with someone who he can share his fetishes with, and been able to act them out with a consenting partner. Obviously not to killing part. The killing might not be what drives him. Maybe he wanted something sexually that nowadays isn't seen as being as far out as it was 20 years ago.

I have been catching up on the Jacob Wetterling* thread and seem to have missed a good chunk of the comments on this board--by the time I get here they are either deleted or the thread is locked. Hi to any new posters.

Bret Christian would be sued and put out of business if he were printing knowingly false stories or fabricating quotes. Journalists can keep sources confidential, but they have to be real. The police department and every other newspaper that re-reported the story could do so.

Even if a 'rogue' police officer did make up the Karrakatta connection, it is Mr. Christian's responsibility to verify it to some degree before he includes it as fact in his article. He could have said it is widely believed amongst police or written an article speculating about the connection or anything. But he didn't.

Why would Mr. Christian put his business and his professional reputation on the line to spread false/misleading stories about the CSK? To increase advertising?

Most print media relies on the AP or Reuters for news. The Post actually investigates and then serves as source to other media outlets.

*Police named a suspect in the 1989 abduction of an 11-year-old boy, the case is one of the better know stranger abduction cases in the US

Noel's story is a bit like the mr Bret c game isn't it

How are the NC and the BC stories similar?

NC had a suspect in mind--TT. He stated that clearly in stat decs mailed to LE and posted on BF. NC called TT out blatantly and gave his personal reasons for doing so.

BC is a reporter and newspaper publisher who has written articles on the CSK case. I have never read any mention of TT or any implications he supported NC's theory.

What's the common motive I'm missing?

I'm not aware of BC playing a game but certainly a lot of recent media articles seemed to originate from him...

Snipped. (This isn't directed at the poster, just using it to support my point.)

Media articles originate from BC because no one else is doing any investigative journalism or has developed professional relationships with police. Other newspapers just cite BC as a source. But they have to verify the info independently.

I do have an issue with The Post, though. No online archives are available. Not through subscription or fee. I'm not just talking about pre-electronic articles. I'm talking about PDFs that were once online, but have been removed.

A month ago Billywhizz posted a link to a Post article from 2008. It has since been taken down. (Edit to add: the post was deleted from WS sometime after Oct. 31, 2015.)

I'd suggest it's because The Post don't have the technology. The Post online is a PDF rather than a website. To store all those pdf's - need a hosted array. Costs money to set it up, ongoing fees and ongoing maintenance.

I've also wondered about the legitimacy the Rowe Park connection.

The escalation of the pre-murder sexual assaults do follow somewhat of a pattern. The Cottesloe sexual assault does not seem to involve different locations, just one. The Rowe Park assault had the secondary location. The murders seemed to have a three. Adding to that is the linear time-span between each crime, they gradually get closer in time up until Jane Rimmer's murder when the suspect may have backed off a bit due to police saturation.

Even though the crimes appear to be largely sexually motivated there is an indication of a strong significance of the Claremont area, or girls attending the Claremont area.

attachment.php

Post Newspaper article 31 October 2015 edition page 5, story headline: "Cops silent on sex-accused man. Police will not say if a 54 year old man (from Bunbury) charged with historic sex offences has been ruled out as the Claremont Serial Killer. On Tuesday, police alleged the man went into a woman's Bicton home in September 1994 armed with scissors and sexually assaulted her. She was 37 at the time".

See attached for full story.

My comments on this article is that the accused is charged with historic sex offences dating back to 1994 (at least from detail in this article). If he is 54 now, means he was born around 1961/62 which means he would be about 34 in 1996; which matches the WA police description of age for the martial arts expert on the CIA doc. The Bicton connection is interesting because Dorrough's home was in Bicton when he was arrested this year; makes me ponder if these 2 men are connected in any way.

Interesting that Bret Christian appears to have posed the question to WA police re a possible connection to Claremont and that this guy is charged with the historic sex offences not too long after Bret's article re the link between 1995 Karrakatta rape victim and Ciara Glennon's abduction and subsequent murder. In Bret's initial article about the Karrakatta rape victim, Bret also detailed police were looking at historic burglaries to see if there was a connection. In the 31 October article the man is also charged with stealing and burglary. Something's whirling away in the background at WA police for sure.

Note: the man and woman in the copy of attached article are in no way connected, it is an advertisement.

Attachments

• postnewspaper 31 oct 2015.jpg
    postnewspaper 31 oct 2015.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 209
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics