Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burglary is often a pre-cursor to sexual assault, which is sometimes a pre-cursor to serial killing. I wonder if the police went through all people who were charged or questioned over burglaries in the western suburbs from the mid-70s right up until the mid-90s. Specifically they should be looking at teenagers.

Burglaries and Sexual Homicide

The true incidence of sexual homicide and of burglaries with sexual dynamics remains unclear. The FBI's Uniform Crime Reports categorize assaults as sexual only if they have distinct manifestations of genitality (such as rape). whereas definite sex murders, even with such overt signs, are listed under murder and are not specified as an independent group. Similarly, even those burglaries with overt sexual dynamics are listed only as burglaries. Nevertheless, we believe that sexual burglaries are not an uncommon event, and we also agree with Ressler et 228 J Am Acad Psychiatry Law, Vol. 27, No. 2, 1999
Sexual Burglaries and Sexual Homicide al. ' ' that sexual murders occur more frequently than has been thought and are increasing in number. Forensic clinicians have long observed that many sexual murderers often have a history of burglary. Table 1 lists and describes 14 notorious sexual murderers with a recorded history of burglaries. Unfortunately, the details of many of the burglaries were not explored. probably
because they were seen as unrelated to the progression of crimes culminating in homicide.

Ressler and his associates' ' found that at least 2 of the 36 sexual murderers in their FBI-sponsored study had committed sexual burglaries days or hours before they committed a sexual homicide. Unfortunately, these authors did not report the total number of burglaries in their case histories. ~eppel'~ has described in considerable detail 1 1 cases of notorious serial sexual murderers whom he either
studied or investigated as a profiler. Five of these 11 cases (45%) had a history of burglary. In Ressler and ~hachtman's'" description of 19 serial sexual murderers, 6 (32%) had a history of burglary. Douglas
and 01shaker'~ similarly report on 16 sexual murderers of which 6 (38%) had a history of burglary.

http://www.jaapl.org/content/27/2/227.full.pdf

page 228

Clarification over phone box and printers

Tried to PM this to Sutton but won't let me add images into PM easily. May as well just post them publicly.

SS Phone box.jpgSS Printers.jpgSS Printers rear.jpg

Would love Google Earth from 20 years ago. I'm 80% the phone box was on NW corner but have this nagging doubt it was on NE corner.

Would love Google Earth from 20 years ago. I'm 80% the phone box was on NW corner but have this nagging doubt it was on NE corner.

You are right about phone box location. It was on that side. Closer to second orange roadwork sign though (and first sidestreet) rather than right on the corner though I think. Probably another 10-15m. But doesn't matter, was definitely that side.

Post Newspaper article 31 October 2015 edition page 5, story headline: "Cops silent on sex-accused man. Police will not say if a 54 year old man (from Bunbury) charged with historic sex offences has been ruled out as the Claremont Serial Killer. On Tuesday, police alleged the man went into a woman's Bicton home in September 1994 armed with scissors and sexually assaulted her. She was 37 at the time".

My comments on this article is that the accused is charged with historic sex offences dating back to 1994 (at least from detail in this article). If he is 54 now, means he was born around 1961/62 which means he would be about 34 in 1996; which matches the WA police description of age for the martial arts expert on the CIA doc. The Bicton connection is interesting because Dorrough's home was in Bicton when he was arrested this year; makes me ponder if these 2 men are connected in any way.

Would a martial arts expert need to arm himself with scissors?

photo of phone box is in Debi Marshall's book in the centre pages that are not numbered. If you use the Landgate link I supplied the other day you can see the phone booth in the 1995 aerial photo; a copy is attached. For Sutton, many of the older style public phone boxes in Perth were painted red. You can see the red colour in the attached photo. It's best to look at this attached on a large screen.

The screen printing / picture framing business which is now closed, was owned and operated by Lee Partridge and was located in what was locally known as the Olifents building on Stirling Highway which was around 345. I have attached a copy of the 1995 landgate aerial photo with yellow highlight showing the building.

Also attached is an overall view of the area in 1995. aerial photo taken on 6 February.
And 2nd overall view I have marked Davies Road and Rowe Park. I've got a gut feeling the sexual assault that apparently occurred on Davies Road might be the Subway victim. Newspaper articles stated there was an attempted rape and that the perp had tried to drag her out of her car. Davies Road is accessed via the Stirling Road subway and Rowe Park subway which is much closer to Davies Road. BTW if you zoom in on the 1995 aerial shot live from the Landgate site you can see the pedestrian subway to the left of the traffic subway in Stirling Road. The traffic lights were and still are positioned at the intersection of Barnfield/Gugeri and Stirling Road intersection on the southside of the railway line.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 43
  • includes davies road and rowe park.JPG
    includes davies road and rowe park.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 39
Gravitating to murder is a very huge leap from burgs

Agree wholeheartedly. Some very well known Western Australian based serial killers have actually taken that huge step; namely both David and Katherine Birnie and Edgar Cooke who committed over 250 burglaries and detailed each one from memory to the police after his arrest, He even recalled the exact denomination of coins he had stolen from each address. Mackenzie (now deceased) who was convicted in 2003 of one murder which had occurred 1986 but came close to committing a couple of other murders on previous occasions He was a serious serial offender and was living in Cottesloe at the time he murdered a woman in Bourke Street Leederville.

The choice of scissors as a weapon is interesting; could the choice have something to do with this weapon would have been safer for the perp to carry and hide on person than a knife? WA police say this 54yo guy is from Bunbury; makes me wonder if he is a current prisoner in the prison there. This could well be the reason why no name has been released due to the fracas that occurred with Simon Rochford's suicide when press released his name in connection with the Lawrence murder.

The article in this link has some detail on what is occurring at WA police restructuring. The guy they have charged with the 1994 rapes etc was fingered by the newly formed squad detailed in the article. Stanbury has moved into the forensics section. It's all starting to make sense and come together. "Under the changes, historical complex murder cases will go to the new State crime operations division under a separate superintendent. It includes the squad that investigates other serious unsolved crimes and a project team examining physical exhibits and other evidence."

[url]https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/28510801/more-police-in-overhaul-of-major-crime-division/

and read the police media release re the 54yo guy

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=V6nG9Ns9QxE%3D&tabid=1488[/URL]

Would a martial arts expert need to arm himself with scissors?

I would consider maybe so. You can't cut telephone wire or electrical flex using martial arts can you? He was in an enclosed space ie the bedroom, the woman had been asleep before the assault occurred so it may have been better in this perp's mind to carry a weapon. The mere fact that he carried a cutting weapon shows he had intention to use it for some reason. I can't ever recall reading anything anywhere about any murderer using martial arts as a weapon. He may have had a blood lust; who knows.

But what we do know is the 54yo in the correct age.

The screen printing / picture framing business which is now closed, was owned and operated by Lee Partridge and was located in what was locally known as the Olifents building on Stirling Highway which was around 345. I have attached a copy of the 1995 landgate aerial photo with yellow highlight showing the building.
I remember the Olifants building. Olifants Real Estate. Also had a sail making factory in that building from memory. I don't recall there be access to the rear of that building. Maybe there was down the sides but certainly not from the rear.

How sure are you that that's the building?

BTW if you zoom in on the 1995 aerial shot live from the Landgate site you can see the pedestrian subway to the left of the traffic subway in Stirling Road. The traffic lights were and still are positioned at the intersection of Barnfield/Gugeri and Stirling Road intersection on the southside of the railway line.
I thought this was done and dusted? I thought we'd moved on? That separate pedestrian underpass is new. You can look at it on Google Maps and see it was new. It wasn't there 20 years ago. If you have any doubts, then here is a link;

http://excedogroup.com.au/contracting/stirling-road-underpass/

And just in case you are unsure, I will not sit by idly and let you peddle bull**** on this thread.

you should also heed your own words about not placing bull**** on this thread bud. you are the supremo bull**** artist of all times.

I am 100% certain of the olifents building is where the screen printers and picture framers were; I know someone that has had picture framing done. I can't recall a sail makers there either. as you can see in the 1995 aerial photo there is direct access through a driveway to the right of the olifents building to the rear carpark and that carpark also was directly accessed via St Quentins.

you could show some gratitude sometimes you know. get over your hostility bud you'll give yourself a heart attack.

I take it someone has asked where was Christ Church in 1996? the photo you have put here is misleading as Christ Church was on the south east corner of the stirling hwy / stirling rd intersection. in fact if you use google earth and go down to street view outside the church you will find it is immediately opposite the olifent building. That last witness sighting of CG put her close to the eastern boundary of the church.

There was a user on BF thread (first thread) who claims to have butted out cigarettes out the back of the printing business every day before he went to school.

He says its used to be where Bart is saying it is, between Stirling Rd and MLC, rather than between Stirling Rd and Hungry Jacks (and thus not located in Olifents building)

I fail to see relevance of pedestrian underpass at Stirling Rd, but can confirm it did not exist in 1996/1997. There was a footpath that went along the inside of the subway. Footpath was comprised of same brown paving that is in the middle traffic island on Sitrling Rd/cnr of Barnfield. And also the corner of Barnfield.

I take it someone has asked where was Christ Church in 1996? the photo you have put here is misleading as Christ Church was on the south east corner of the stirling hwy / stirling rd intersection. in fact if you use google earth and go down to street view outside the church you will find it is immediately opposite the olifent building. That last witness sighting of CG put her close to the eastern boundary of the church.

can't be sure, but it looks like he was pointing out the other side of the "access through to where phone box was" that was listed in his third pic on previous page.

no mention of christ church in any of the diagrams.

I asked Barth via pm about the cut through/hallway from the front of the building to the carpark behind the building, and said I couldn't see it on Google Earth. But I guess I didn't look hard enough.

...I am 100% certain of the olifents building is where the screen printers and picture framers were; I know someone that has had picture framing done. I can't recall a sail makers there either. as you can see in the 1995 aerial photo there is direct access through a driveway to the right of the olifents building to the rear carpark and that carpark also was directly accessed via St Quentins...

Snipped. I think we should try to find an outside source for this printer shop location.

It could make a difference because if the print shop was where papertrail remembers (yellow bldg) and an attack was coming from that direction, it would mean dragging her along Stirling Hwy to a vehicle behind the print shop.

But if the attack was coming from across Stirling Rd it would mean dragging a fighting girl across a four lane street (to the blue bldg).

At least that's what I'm thinking right now. And, just to be clear, we don't know if there was an attack at Stirling and Stirling, that's all just speculation. Here's a map I posted on BF:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446707597.060283.jpg

Al this information you provide to police , do any of you get thank you letters from the government or police ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53