Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CG was partially clothed. Yes JR was 'reportedly' naked but perhaps the extra clothing found at her scene reported by media may have given police the lead re screenprinting / t-shirts etc.[/QUOTE

Just, just in case you are thinking Papertrail, that clothing was left from one victim at anothers.. Well that is not the case. Just getting in early on that one.Anyways; Me thinks the clue is the rope left in the bushes.

I just repeated what was reported in 1996 immediately after Jane's remains were discovered and that is clothing, that was not hers, was found at her disposal site. In my mind this 'new' information about the screenprinting connection to t-shirts, well t-shirts are articles of clothing and there may well have been a t-shirt left at Jane's site.

And may I ask how you know for sure it's not the case.

Police claim they spoke to everyone outside bar MM. Therefore they spoke to MM1. He was wearing a t-shirt with a round design on it. So what? I think you're trying to hard to find something.

Show me the proof that police say that spoke to everyone bar MM as you put it please ? Detective Stanbury did not state that on the CIA doc so where is your proof

Another thing that strikes me as odd;

Bret Christian is the only guy who has the story. All the other media outlets' stories are based on Bret's stories. Police are clearly only talking to The Post.

The final word from the youbube;

"We are mindful of the public interest in this matter, however we need to balance this with the interests of the investigation"

I don't think it is police talking to Bret. I think it is ex police and possibly lab workers.

I don't know what other people do but the first thing I'd do with a new car is put seat covers on it. Especially if it was a family type vehicle.
I'm guessing it was a fleet vehicle..company rep perhaps?

Yep agree with you there. If MM is MM1 then the way MM1 struts himself he'd be the boy with the latest 'new' toy on the block. Could be possible he's ditched using his personal pv after the Karrakatta rape, and instead used his work vehicle; or could it have been a hire / rental car ?

How many vehicles has he had Papertrail? I agree re rental but twas so long ago.

How I read it is the fibres were discovered with the Schramm review, and obviously sent off to the chem lab at some stage, who then 'misplaced' them and they were rediscovered in 2011 and it was found they had not been tested against other crimes etc.
I don't think so. The fibres had to be discovered early, as in 1996. My understanding of forensics is that trace wouldn't last 5 months in open air, but let's assume it did. They would have have found it in 1996. I don't believe they would have taken body scrapings without testing them, or testing them with no result only to then get a result in 2004. Possible but it seems unlikely. Getting specific answer to this online is not easy.

I don't consider Bret a 'mouthpiece' for police at all; in fact he would be considered the opposite in my mind. That is one that will not and does not hold back on exerting pressure. He has amazing ability to get the job done; his record seeking justice for victims and wrongly accused stands for all to see. I think Bret has had enough of the police secrecy and he will keep digging and prodding.
Of course he's the mouthpiece. How is it that he's the only one getting information? If there were a leak it would be closed by now. He's been releasing information for 2 years. I also can't see him fabricating that stuff.

Pretty obvious he has known his info for some time. Wait till he comes out with the MM frame in the Conti... That will make the Cops shake in their boots, heh.

MM1 shirt logo kinda looks likethe dead kennedys symbol to me or even pennywise logo. wethere or not MM1 is of significance or not...

Show me the proof that police say that spoke to everyone bar MM as you put it please ? Detective Stanbury did not state that on the CIA doc so where is your proof

37:55 "We've identified and interviewed all these people that are out here on the street"

47:15 - It's suggested that Police had registers of everyone in Claremont that night and had them plotted on a map. There's a good change they identified everyone inside as well.

But the public have not seen the footage that should have been shown to them..

There are a number of links that could be looked into at this point.

We know he drove a White Commodore VS Series 1 on atleast 1 occasion, and a White Panel Van on another occasion 1995 (He couldn't have driven the white Commodore VS Series 1 because it was yet to be released)

He has some link to a screen printing business, he has either worked there, delivered to or from there, or handled items that were in the business (Or his own personal hobby, which could mean fabric printing items in his home).

It is unclear if he could have stolen a 'washing line' from this business, or he actually worked or has an association of some sort with the screen printing business.

It is clear there is DNA on the victims, two of the victims, so they likely have a DNA profile that is usable to determine who the killer is, they just haven't been able to get a DNA sample match. They should use the links to do some old fashion detective work and start investigating the break through leads rather than rely entirely on DNA.

It is becoming clear that they now believe an alarming number of rapes in the Claremont area may be linked to this serial rapist, and they are also investigating possible links with other missing people/ murder case (up to 16 cases narrowed down from over 20) to identify more links to the Claremont Rapist case. Hopefully many more breakthroughs follow. Its baffling though that they are only realizing the potential connections 20 years later, makes you wonder really.

What Police type of Police vehicles were driven during the disappearance of Jane Rimmer, did he disguise himself as a Policeman, or is the Policeman son theory plausible (its only 1 theory, the cars may not even match up, the Police could have been driving other vehicles during those years?)

If he is familiar with the cemetery then he obviously grew up around the area, or visited the area enough to be familiar with the cemetery, so much so he may have not only used it as his rape spot, but his kill spot too. Where he raped his victim is unclear, it is also unclear whether his rape spot was secluded, or linked to a possible tombstone that has significance to the serial rapist.

It sounds like the White Panel Van was actually witnessed in the parking lot, and the victim got a very clear look at the vehicle, so there is no mistaking he drove this type of vehicle in 1995. Whether the serial rapist owned this car, or borrowed the car is unclear, but if we know he drove a white commodore in 1996. It is unclear if he borrowed the Commodore, but it was a brand new type of car, so it must have either been a business vehicle or hire vehicle, possibly also borrowed from a friend, or even owned by the rapist himself.

Jane Rimmers body was found naked. It is unclear if the clothes were with her body, or if the clothes have been dumped or hidden in another location. But we do know she was naked from the article.

All the blitz attacks are sexually motivated. Which may imply all the victims were raped. That is unclear, but nothing can be ruled out because they have said 'sexually motivated blitz attack' so something must allow them to make that judgement. I doubt they are referencing the fact serial killers get off sexually by killing, it reads like they may have been the victim of a rape or sexual assault either pre or post mortem and the Police can determine that from the victims body.

If this killer is Mystery Man, or even if Mystery Man(MM) is Mystery Man1(MM1) which is not proven yet, we dont know if Mystery Man is linked, and we dont know if Mystery Man is 'Martial Arts Expert' or if 'Martial Arts Expert' is Judoman. We also dont know if MM is the Policemans son, or the blond guy offering lifts. Or even if he is someone other than those people who was just lurking in the area and had nothing to do with the club. He may have also in fact stalked victims from the club and been extremely comfortable and familiar with the area so was confident enough to attempt these attacks over and over again.

We have a lot more to work with. If any of the MM footage is linked the actual case there is quite substantial amounts of evidence now so this case should hopefully one day reach a conclusion.

But the public have not seen the footage that should have been shown to them..
Are you saying you think the public has some sort of right to see it? Or are you saying people will be able to recognise "inside MM"?

Is it possible for you to find out where onsite at Karrakatta the caretaker's cottage was as there is nothing detailed in the current cemetery map.

Sorry I haven't seen him in many years and doubt I will anytime soon so I can't ask. I saw next to Hollywood reserve a staff compound, I guess it would be in there.

Regarding the screen printing evidence on the clothes line, it may be from a school, or the perp may be an artist, it doesn't have to have been related to a business. Its not that uncommon for people to screen print their own shirt or other project at home.

Earlier this month, a five-person international review team revealed it had uncovered a new line of inquiry in the Claremont serial killings, based on scientific examination of samples taken from the grave site of murdered 23-year-old Jane Rimmer (POST December 11).

Given the Postnewspaper's detail published today (but released tomorrow), the reference in the article (linked below) to 'grave site' might be an error which should have referred to 'disposal site'.

https://au.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/aussiecrime/conversations/topics/34
I think this is likely. Although grave is erroneous when the body isn't buried, I have seen it used in other cases to refer to where a body has been found.
I had mates in the mid-90s that did use that model as a taxi - it seemed quite common.

It is clear there is DNA on the victims, two of the victims, so they likely have a DNA profile that is usable to determine who the killer is, they just haven't been able to get a DNA sample match.

Thanks Elastic - good summary. I share your and Bart's conclusions about DNA.

Today's Post article also indicates that the Taskforce has been looking hard for matches since putting Karrakatta and CG together around 2008. That is, the csk is likely neither a registered taxi driver, any one of POIs previously alluded to in this thread, nor anyone on an existing DNA database.

Does this effectively also exclude LE and their families?

In the UK unregistered taxi drivers or "mini cabs" are commonplace, so someone claiming to be such would not raise suspicion for CG (recently returned from those parts).

neither [/B]a registered taxi driver, any one of POIs previously alluded to in this thread, nor anyone on an existing DNA database. End quote.

Exactly Basilisk; That is what I have been saying for some time. They have eliminated all poi`s. LW,PW,SR, Judoman etc. etc. So where does that leave them? As I said he is not in town. Unless, unless there was 2 of them & one to a lesser extent. But of course it looks likely they simply have not crossed paths with him. Could still be a taxi driver who left the industry & country when they said they were going to dna the drivers..

IMG_0470.JPG Here is a photo of The Post I picked up yesterday morning at a Real Estate company on Stirling Road in Dalkeith.

neither [/B]a registered taxi driver, any one of POIs previously alluded to in this thread, nor anyone on an existing DNA database. End quote.

Exactly Basilisk; That is what I have been saying for some time. They have eliminated all poi`s. LW,PW,SR, Judoman etc. etc. So where does that leave them? As I said he is not in town. Unless, unless there was 2 of them & one to a lesser extent. But of course it looks likely they simply have not crossed paths with him. Could still be a taxi driver who left the industry & country when they said they were going to dna the drivers..
did CG know her killer?
i think she did she was last seen talking to this guy in his car i think he offered her a lift and she got in, highly educated and smart she was not off her face, two girls had already gone missing why would she take a chance on some random guy pulling over and offering her a lift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298