Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On page 15 of this paper, a probable witness described the number plate as possibly being from QLD or ACT- in other words, it was not a NSW registered vehicle. Someone was travelling.
I

I wonder if ##sehole Camilleri and his ##sehole mate were around the area at the time; they were known to travel to Canberra. Also, ACT is only 250kms or so from Bathurst; not that far in the scheme of things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bega_schoolgirl_murders

Jessica Small

The prime POI is named Andrew McBride;

http://www.centralwesterndaily.com....s-being-in-bathurst-at-jessica-small-inquest/

In the interview Detective Sergeant Peter Smith said to Mr McBride that he originally told them he had never been to Bathurst, but police had obtained banking records which placed him in the city a number of times in 1997.

http://www.westernadvocate.com.au/s...ilures-too-few-answers-in-jessica-small-case/

Mr Ross gave evidence at the inquest that on the night Jessica was abducted he had spoken to a man, aged about 34, who identified himself as working at the Oberon Timber Mill. His description of that man matched that of the driver given to police by Vanessa Conlan.

So the prime POI wasn't a local but worked in Oberon Timber Mill (about 50km away). On the current affairs show I watched, Jessica's friend said she thought he was the guy (because she saw him just prior to the abduction).

60 Minutes Episode;

[video=youtube;eJLDF5wRoKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJLDF5wRoKo[/video]

Does anyone have the timeline of assaults that occurred in the area between 1994-2000 that was posted a while back? Can someone PM me it?

Looking for significant events in 1999.

Does anyone have the timeline of assaults that occurred in the area between 1994-2000 that was posted a while back? Can someone PM me it?

Not sure, I will have a look.

WA only:

25/8/1969 Jean Climas ex Mosman Park missing. initially from Vic. May have taken on new identity.
22/9/1969 Anne Zapelli ex Geraldton although from Morowa. policeman boyfriend. missing walking home from drive-in theatre. SA pedophile in area at time death bed confession.
9/12/1975 Glenyce McGowan ex Nunaturra camping ground traveling to Darwin ex Parmelia.
28/12/1979 Kerryn Tate missing found at Boulder Rock. Found deceased by fire (?) May be occult connection as she had connection to group.
21/3/1980 Sophie Woodman (traveling last known in Vic with young girlfriend who left and went to Qld, Sophie's homebase WA)
13/9/1980 Annette Deverell ex Mandurah outside post office last seen talking to man in yellow panelvan; headless corpse located 7/7/1982 Waroona Dam.
30/10/1980 Lisa Mott ex Collie missing; last seen talking to man in yellow panel van. Birnie known to have been in Collie at time.
18/3/1986 Sharon Fulton ex East Perth Railway Station missing dropped off by husband. Maybe domestic involvement.
26/5/1986 Cheryl Renwick ex South Perth worked at psych hostel Northbridge. Could man named Masters be responsible?
27/8/1986 Barbara Western ex Vic Park, located 19/3/1991 (cemetery record) Spectacles (south of Perth). Headless torso in roadside ditch
6/10/1986 - 10/11/1986 5 x Birnie abductions; 4 murders 1 survivor.
20/8/1987 Sally Greenham ex Adelaide Terrace after alighting taxi. Had traveled from Geraldton (not in taxi), missing.
20/6/1988 Julie Cutler ex Parmelia Hilton hotel Perth after staff function. Car found in surf at Cottesloe 2 days later. Missing.
29/6/1991 Kerry Turner ex Victoria Park dropped of by taxi outside Cafe L'Affair (spelling ?), on way to Armadale. Witnessed getting into car which traveled east towards Midland. Had been to Pinocchio's Nightclub in Perth.
16/5/1992 Radina Djukich ex North Beach. (shockingly) had been handed to known pedophile through court system. Missing. Pedophile subsequently convicted of murder of woman in following year.
13/7/1992 Cariad Slater missing 67a Rosewood Ave Woodlands. Solved man charged and convicted; case going through appeal process. Located in yard he lived in and address where taxi had dropped her off at.
7/10/1993 Alex Turner brother of Kerry Turner (missing 23/6/1991) murdered in homophobic attack.
27/1/1996 Sarah Spiers ex Claremont; missing
9/6/1996 Jane Rimmer missing ex Claremont, murdered located Wellard 3/8/1996
15/1/1997 Sara-Lee Davey ex Broome, missing. Man charged with murder Richard Dorrough 2015.
15/3/1997 Ciara Glennon ex Claremont, missing. Located murdered Eglinton 3/4/1997
9/11/1998 Lisa Brown ex Northbridge (street worker). Missing.
28/4/1999 Petronella Albert ex Broome. Could Dorrough be responsible?
29/7/1999 Hayley Dodd ex Badgingarra missing. Wark and 'one other' alleged murderers; one other now deceased suicide.
8/10/1999 Lisa Govan ex Kalgoorlie missing. Wark may be involved.
25/1/1999 Deborah Anderson ex Woodvale. Located Midland area deceased in driver's seat of burnt vehicle.
8/11/2000 Sarah McMahon ex Claremont work place lived with parents Parkerville; missing. Morey believed responsible. Coroner's inquest outcome.
15/11/2001 Susan Christie ex Daglish, missing. Ex husband charged and convicted, successful technical-based appeal quashed sentence.
18/3/2002 Christine Schipp ex Middle Swan. Prostitute. missing, located 6/5/2003 (cemetery record)
25/3/2003 Darrylyn Ugle. Street worker ex Northbridge. Located at Farrell Grove Mundaring Weir, ligature used Morey believed responsible. Matching forensics too circumstantial.
1/6/2003 Judy M'ringu ex Africa, call girl missing ex Bentley.
3/5/2010 Iveta Mitchell missing ex residence Parmelia. Had worked at hotel near Mundaring.

This was papertrails list from memory.

just been reading about robin geraid dyers the murdoch rapist, he lobbed in australia in 96 from south africa if theres no dna in the claremont cases he has to be considered ,i cant find the exact date he arrived.
he is also a fit for mm

just been reading about robin geraid dyers the murdoch rapist, he lobbed in australia in 96 from south africa if theres no dna in the claremont cases he has to be considered ,i cant find the exact date he arrived.
he is also a fit for mm
The Murdoch rapes happened after the CSK. It's unlikely the CSK regressed from murder to rape. Dyers also looks nothing like MM. I think we can safely rule Dyers out.

i just found the time of arrival suss, he lobs in 96 the claremont seriaL KILLING begins hes around 6ft he has dark hair, asemi proffesional soccer player so he able to carry out blitz attacks a violent rapist who also bashed the girls he was raping and told them if they make one sound he would slit their throats. the last attempted rape he was caught in his car were he tricked her offering her a lift home
your probably right its not him but id check his wardrobe for a puffy shirt all the same

Silver Tongue, get it together. Your Quote; but id check his wardrobe for a puffy shirt all the same. End Quote.

Durr, like he`d keep that shirt 19 years after Claremont. They DNA everyone after arrest. Dyers is not involved in the csk cases.

What did Janes watch look like? Do police have a picture of the watch?

Do y'all think Jane's watch fell off as her body was carried to the disposal site? Or do y'all think the CSK had planned on keeping it but accidentally dropped it when he left (as he is said to have kept Sarah's sunflower keychain and Ciara's Claddagh ring)?

They are DNA testing everyone in Claremont on the nights. They can triangulate with the DNA of all the people that were there.

Perth wasn't that big in 1996

I would also volunteer DNA test all male UWA staff especially after Santen

People investigated, We have LW, main roads or similar. We have PW, ex Mayor (Historical knowledge)

26 January 1996, Sarah Spiers, 18 (Australia day weekend)
9 June 1996, Jane Rimmer, 23 (St Brigids Feast day)
14 March 1997, Ciara Glennon, 27 (St Patricks day celebrations weekend)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claremont_serial_murders

The Three Patron Saints of Ireland.

Brigit of Kildare Feast day: 1 February
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigit_of_Kildare
Saint Columba, Feast Day: 9 June
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columba
St Patrick, Feast day: 17 March (Saint Patrick's Day)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick

Cutler, Winter Solstice
Santen, Equinox

What did Janes watch look like? Do police have a picture of the watch?

Police have the actual watch. They could take as many pictures as they wish.

I have never seen a published description of the watch.

Paper posted an article once, "Missing woman: video clue hope" from the West Australian that read Jane was "wearing a silver wristwatch."

It's in thread 2 somewhere.

With all due respect, there are many on the sidelines watching this thread.

The offender was not meticulous to the extent that he would adhere to specific dates of his abductions. While there was an element of planning, he was largely an opportunist. The living witness project of late 1997 led to most females coming forward with information regarding people offering transport in CMT during the period. Almost none of the descriptions correlated in any way. This means that the offender's strategy was to not be too exposed to witnesses extensively, at least with the same profile.

From a profiling perspective, experts asked of the MO of the particular offender in this case, mentioned that the Gugeri Street Rape involved the offender waiting with his vehicle parked. Freshwater Parade and Mount Street provide perfect opportunities for anyone to watch in darkness patrons of CMT establishments on their way home, as opposed to actively stalking them or approaching on the off chance passing through.

Persist with the brainstorming, steer clear of the paranormal; we're all here for the same result.

The offender was not meticulous to the extent that he would adhere to specific dates of his abductions. While there was an element of planning, he was largely an opportunist. The living witness project of late 1997 led to most females coming forward with information regarding people offering transport in CMT during the period. Almost none of the descriptions correlated in any way. This means that the offender's strategy was to not be too exposed to witnesses extensively, at least with the same profile.

From a profiling perspective, experts asked of the MO of the particular offender in this case, mentioned that the Gugeri Street Rape involved the offender waiting with his vehicle parked. Freshwater Parade and Mount Street provide perfect opportunities for anyone to watch in darkness patrons of CMT establishments on their way home, as opposed to actively stalking them or approaching on the off chance passing through.

Persist with the brainstorming, steer clear of the paranormal; we're all here for the same result.

Do you have information on the living witness project? Just out of interest.

Witness descriptions are notoriously 'faulty' and at times unreliable due to each individuals' perception of what they had observed; and in the Claremont case, witnesses may have also been under the influence of excessive alcohol consumption and / or drugs (self administered or drink spiking). Time from witness observation 'event' would also greatly alter perception as it is no longer in 'front of mind' memory but pushed back into long term memory recall. Alcohol and drug use is also known to affect perception and memory.

Extensive newspaper and other media coverage could also have altered witness perception. Many people may have come forward in an endeavour to 'help and assist' with the investigation but they may not have actually experienced or observed the 'lift offering'.

Interesting that GreenDevil also mentioned this 'living witness' project in thread #2, post 632.

Re Freshwater Parade and Mount Street. Mount St only provided cover for offender if Bay View Club patrons exited and ventured west down St Quentin, perhaps walking to phone booth in Stirling Rd (I keep in mind that after SS disappearance, the Club installed a taxi phone and I understand that a taxi rank was put in place in St Quentin). Freshwater Parade, on the other hand, only provided observation opportunity if Club patrons walked south down Church Lane passing HJ's and then to Stirling Highway or down Bay View Terrace to Stirling Highway then turning left or right down Stirling Highway. I am not sure if Freshwater would have offered a clear view opportunity for left hand turners onto Stirling Highway.

Given that CG's friends considered she was off to find a taxi to get back to Mosman Park, I wonder if CG was told about the taxi rank in St Quentin; possibly not, given that she had ventured down Bay View Terrace to Stirling Highway bypassing St Quentin -- if only.

I know my west / east comments are not strictly correct, but you will get my gist I am sure.

RE "The offender was not meticulous to the extent that he would adhere to specific dates of his abductions"; what makes you consider this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966