Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: JM call to bank....

I discovered fraudulent credit card activity on Memorial Day. I made 3 separate calls to my local credit union to report it. By my third call, I asked if any notes were made about my previous calls. No notes were made by the first two people I spoke with. I was floored.

I would change banks :D I would be surprised if there wasn't a log of which employee's looked at your account when you called though, but JMO.

I just hope L&C has its camera there when the verdict comes back. Can you imagine if they've shipped it off to another trial? :eek:
I would be surprised if it's even there camera there, I think it will be a local station and pool camera at that point, but who knows. Nothing about this trial has been normal... We will probably have to wait for the upload :D LOL

When I was at the courthouse on Tuesday there were several MSM news vans but on Thursday there were no news vans. Weird.
I wonder if it was because no one was sure on Tuesday morning if we were getting the live stream? Once L&C was there, I don't even know if most "reporters" even showed up or just watched it stream like we did :confused:

I thought this in the beginning, but from what I have been able to see in the trial, I just don't see it, unless there is something wrong with the QB logs, which I don't believe at all.

Let's say Merritt does the cheque on the 2nd and it's cashed by him... somehow Joey sees it? I wonder how? Maybe online? Let's go with online banking, he see's a cheque goes through. There was no way that the cheques once printed were distinguishable between the Custom and the Contact account, they used the same cheques, the same bank account info on the bottom, etc. So Joey sees a cheque goes through the bank, what does he do? He checks the Custom account, which he has never written a cheque on before? Why? What would make him check the Custom account and not the Contact account? And at first glance, he wouldn't see anything on the Custom account because it was deleted... so then he didn't go check his regular Contact account. The Contact account hadn't been logged into since 12:08 pm on Feb 2nd, just after the cheque was done on the 2nd on the Custom account at 11: 30-11:40ish am.

As @la2cabo mentioned, some think the bank would have flagged it... I am of the opinion that the bank would have logged that call someway, somehow if he was inquiring about his account and it wasn't just a general call, not necessarily flagging it because he may not have voiced a concern right at the moment. To me, if a bank employee in any bank can just go looking at accounts and it's not logged, that would raise concern and I would be changing banks LOL But that's JMO.

I'm with you @Mica .... I just don't believe it. *shrug*
That’s not how I see it. I think Joey picked up that his bank balance was lower than it should have been. Or perhaps he saw on online banking that a check for $6500 (or whatever it was) had cleared. He checked QB and he doesn’t see a check for that amount. He calls the bank and says I don’t think that’s correct because I never wrote a check for that amount. It all comes out that the check(s) - I think there were 2? One cashed and one deposited? Anyway he discovers they were issued to Merritt. This starts the events of the day.

ETA: okay so he doesn’t check QB. (I just saw it hadn’t been accessed since the 2nd.) he goes solely off the lower balance and the recently cleared checks.

That’s not how I see it. I think Joey picked up that his bank balance was lower than it should have been. Or perhaps he saw on online banking that a check for $6500 (or whatever it was) had cleared. He checked QB and he doesn’t see a check for that amount. He calls the bank and says I don’t think that’s correct because I never wrote a check for that amount. It all comes out that the check(s) - I think there were 2? One cashed and one deposited? Anyway he discovers they were issued to Merritt. This starts the events of the day.

yep, I can understand that thought or opinion because I thought that in the beginning as well... but do you think he would check the account that he normally writes cheques from? or the one that he has never written a cheque from?

Remember that these QB accounts were not associated with any bank, the cheques were pre-printed cheques and there was nothing on the cheque that said it was done from the "Custom" QB account.

Well, yes and no to this. If you are under the gun (big jobs) that Joey needed to get done asap, you will eat a lot of caca. Trust me on this one. I have had 5 of my own businesses, I've put up with unbelievable caca at times with hard to replace people. One of our current employees has quit or been fired 6 times over the last 15 years. Sometimes she asks us to come back, sometimes we ask (beg) her to come back. I can't tell you how many times I've told my husband, that's it! She is never, ever coming back! LOL, half he time she ends up with a raise because we've tried and tried to replace her.
I think that Joey had just had it, after finding out about the checks. Imo

Well again, if Joey was firing Chase, he wasn't worrying about intimate knowledge of the production side of things. Nobody is indispensable. There's always other options.

Well, yes and no to this. If you are under the gun (big jobs) that Joey needed to get done asap, you will eat a lot of caca. Trust me on this one. I have had 5 of my own businesses, I've put up with unbelievable caca at times with hard to replace people. One of our current employees has quit or been fired 6 times over the last 15 years. Sometimes she asks us to come back, sometimes we ask (beg) her to come back. I can't tell you how many times I've told my husband, that's it! She is never, ever coming back! LOL, half he time she ends up with a raise because we've tried and tried to replace her.
I think that Joey had just had it, after finding out about the checks. Imo
You'd think twice before firing that employee again if she were to partner with you on a lucrative business deal in Saudi Arabia.

yep, I can understand that thought or opinion because I thought that in the beginning as well... but do you think he would check the account that he normally writes cheques from? or the one that he has never written a cheque from?

Remember that these QB accounts were not associated with any bank, the cheques were pre-printed cheques and there was nothing on the cheque that said it was done from the "Custom" QB account.

But why would he check QB at all over the check/lower bank balance? He knew he didn't write a check for that amount so a call to the bank would be the appropriate action.

Looking in the Custom account could have been for any reason but a call to the bank (twice) looks like alarm about something wrong.

Maybe not if you figured out said employee was stealing from you?
Well if you are going to partner with someone on an exciting new business deal, it's unlikely you think he was stealing from you.

Well if you were going to partner with someone on an exciting new business deal, it's unlikely you think he was stealing from you.

I don't think he ever went to Saudi Arabia, due to his prior felony convictions, that he was on probation/parole, and there was a warrant he was avoiding. I don't think either the US Govt, or the Saudi Govt. would allow him to travel there.

I don't think he ever went to Saudi Arabia, due to his prior felony convictions, that he was on probation/parole, and there was a warrant he was avoiding. I don't think either the US Govt, or the Saudi Govt. would allow him to travel there.
His probation officer might not allow him to leave the state either since he skipped out on many, many court appearances over the previous years. Remember, he was on probation for 10 years for the same offense.

IMHO, the DT shot themselves in the foot when they named DK an alternative suspect. Despite their implications regarding a team of murderers, if they were implying drug cartel/mobsters/gangsters, DK had a solid alibi. It would have better served them to implicate another nefarious group of individuals who murdered the McStay family due to mistaken identity. Blame it on CM’s outstanding gambling debt to another POI but they failed at that as well!
No one murders two innocents at the expense of settling a debt. Certainly not 3 and 4 year old boys! No nefarious group of vigilantes would murder the entire family then take effort to dump their bodies in the desert where CM has family ties and other familiarity. No one! Much less create and delete checks then gaslight the immediate family!
Guilty!

IMHO, the DT shot themselves in the foot when they named DK an alternative suspect. Despite their implications regarding a team of murderers, if they were implying drug cartel/mobsters/gangsters, DK had a solid alibi. It would have better served them to implicate another nefarious group of individuals who murdered the McStay family due to mistaken identity. Blame it on CM’s outstanding gambling debt to another POI but they failed at that as well!
No one murders two innocents at the expense of settling a debt. Certainly not 3 and 4 year old boys! No nefarious group of vigilantes would murder the entire family then take effort to dump their bodies in the desert where CM has family ties and other familiarity. No one! Much less create and delete checks then gaslight the immediate family!
Guilty!
Two huge red flags for me are removing the bodies from the home and killing the boys. Obviously the boys were killed because they could ID the killer and the killer removed the bodies to create a distraction and an alternate story that didn't mesh with the family's current daily living.

Business Visa Requirements | The Embassy of The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

I believe for a business visa, they didn't require a criminal record check. Seems odd, but that's what I have found when looking online. A work visa or a travel visa, he would have had to do a criminal record check.

JMO

Well if you are going to partner with someone on an exciting new business deal, it's unlikely you think he was stealing from you.

Yes of course. No one wants to think someone they trusted and let into their home, around their family would steal from them ever. But if you discovered they had?

You know, like CM did in fact do?

His probation officer might not allow him to leave the state either since he skipped out on many, many court appearances over the previous years. Remember, he was on probation for 10 years for the same offense.
Remember that he had previous probation violations and outstanding warrants as well. Although if the Taliban were willing to accept him, I would be the first to offer him a one way ticket!
I’ve never understood why the idea of a SA deal held water. It’s imaginary! I doubt at that time that the Federal Government would have even considered it!

Business Visa Requirements | The Embassy of The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

I believe for a business visa, they didn't require a criminal record check. Seems odd, but that's what I have found when looking online. A work visa or a travel visa, he would have had to do a criminal record check.

JMO
From the link you posted, how would this work?

Please provide one of the following documents to prove the applicant’s position:
  • A letter addressed to the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Washington, D.C. by the applicant’s employer in the U.S., which confirms the applicant’s position and that he is being sent on a business visit related to his/her company.
  • A copy of the company’s business registration, in Saudi Arabia and in the U.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay