Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t we hear that she ‘didn’t remember’ what they discussed in those 19 calls?
IIRC the majority of those calls had a duration of 0 seconds, I think one was 15 seconds. So I guess it depends on how much you could say in that amount of time and if you would remember it :D :D JMO

alternatively.... why didn't the State show that it wasn't stamped if they are the one's suggesting that he didn't go?

Presumably because they were never in possession of it

Seriously, this is where evidential burden matters.

The defence asserts - the defence must prove.

or better yet, they could have phoned the airline and got confirmation one way or the other and then testify about that. JMO

Phoned what airline?

Again, why can't the party who must necessarily hold the passport with visa, simply produce it?

Why can't the party who knows the travel details, provide evidence of the airline and flights details?

One can only imagine that as usual, the defence doesn't hold this evidence

I’m the one 26-32 hour vote. Am I right that they’re deliberating on Fridays from now on, or did I misunderstand? (I know the trial was never on Fridays.)

They were supposed to deliberate on Fridays (judge said he told them in the beginning) but some or all forgot or didn't think they'd be deliberating this past Friday and made plans, so judge said he understood. Not sure if he'll have them deliberate this coming Friday if they haven't reached a verdict before then, he didn't mention that I heard.

The prosecution have not argued he didn’t go. Susan gave him money to go. I personally think he went IMO

Do people think he lie and went and stayed somewhere while pretending to be abroad, Why would he do that?

I think he reached a deal with the customer whereby they installed it themselves - he shipped it to them.

That was the end of it

If he really travelled, the defence, as a totally trivial matter of evidence, could produce the visa documentation and the travel records and the passport.

The fact that they refused to evidence his travel, means it should be regarded as speculative.

11:51 in Temecula to 12:15 in Corona? I don't think that is correct.
The 12:15 tower hit was south of Corona and the Corona tower was at 12:22 if that makes a difference? I included a quick snip if that helps. I am guessing you know the area and can make sense out of the maps lol

Attachments

• Joey cell towers 4.JPG
    Joey cell towers 4.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 4
Maybe. Maybe not. I haven't looked at Joseph's call records in a while but I recall he called the bank twice, 2 different numbers. It could have been a matter that Joseph was reviewing his account, noticed money being withdrawn and called the bank to see who cashed the check. Once he heard the name he may have been enraged enough to where he hung up and not said anything to the bank employee. He called Chase right after.

I think my point is being missed here. I am not saying that in every case a log would be made of why he called or anything like that, but I do 100% believe that if ANY bank employee was looking at ANY bank account that it would be logged by the bank's own system. Even if he was inquiring about a cheque on his own account, the employee would have had to have looked it up. I just do not imagine a bank not having this system, otherwise they could look at whoever's account whenever they wanted. JMO

What really staggers me about this case is we are expected to believe that in the context of a multi year murder trial buildup, Maline and McGee always had the proof available to them of Chase's travel to Saudi but couldn't see the importance of placing it in evidence ....

Maline: oh wait - here is Chase's passport stamped for Saudi!

McGee: that might corroborate our clients version!

Maline: nah, no biggie, the prosecution probably won't be bothered about Saudi

McGee: yeah right, why bother substantiating our clients version of events!

They were supposed to deliberate on Fridays (judge said he told them in the beginning) but some or all forgot or didn't think they'd be deliberating this past Friday and made plans, so judge said he understood. Not sure if he'll have them deliberate this coming Friday if they haven't reached a verdict before then, he didn't mention that I heard.
I think the jurors and the judge said that after this past Friday, they were all able to deliberate on Fridays from now on.

IIRC the majority of those calls had a duration of 0 seconds, I think one was 15 seconds. So I guess it depends on how much you could say in that amount of time and if you would remember it :D :D JMO

Good point—that doesn’t leave room for much of a memorable conversation.

But...there must have been some reason they were frantic to communicate with each other. I know, if I start getting dropped calls with a family member, I just say: ‘later’ to myself and wait an hour or so.

I think my point is being missed here. I am not saying that in every case a log would be made of why he called or anything like that, but I do 100% believe that if ANY bank employee was looking at ANY bank account that it would be logged by the bank's own system. Even if he was inquiring about a cheque on his own account, the employee would have had to have looked it up. I just do not imagine a bank not having this system, otherwise they could look at whoever's account whenever they wanted. JMO

So why didn't a bank employee testify to this then?

This would have been discovered early on in the process

Re: JM call to bank....

I discovered fraudulent credit card activity on Memorial Day. I made 3 separate calls to my local credit union to report it. By my third call, I asked if any notes were made about my previous calls. No notes were made by the first two people I spoke with. I was floored.

It may well depend on what line of support you have reached.

I've made calls where the first line person cannot even access my accounts.

Meanwhile I recently walked into my local branch in NZ and the person i was meeting had researched a call i made to them months beforehand.

Joe no doubt already knew all the details on the face of the cheque from his banking.

What he needed to do was see the cheque - perhaps he was inquiring about that process. But if he already guessed what had happened or even more likely Chase confirmed it, then he didn't necessarily need to report a forgery at this point

Maybe. Maybe not. I haven't looked at Joseph's call records in a while but I recall he called the bank twice, 2 different numbers. It could have been a matter that Joseph was reviewing his account, noticed money being withdrawn and called the bank to see who cashed the check. Once he heard the name he may have been enraged enough to where he hung up and not said anything to the bank employee. He called Chase right after.

I don't think he needed to find this out. It would have appeared in his online/phone banking

rsbm

I was going to answer, but changed mind: considering the number of posts here with baseless speculations and wild imaginations stated as if they were facts, with or without those 3 letter words that have lost their meanings, I figured it doesn't matter.

Darn. We have all waited so patiently for your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay