Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you even admit there have been cases where innocent people were tried as defendants?

That’s another discussion.

My point was that point #2: “if it were clear or known who committed the murders we wouldn’t be having this trial” was absolute nonsense. In a great many trials, it’s extremely clear who committed the murder. (I’ve just looked back at the trial for the murder of Erin Corwin, so that point is clear in my mind.)

That’s another discussion.

My point was that point #2: “if it were clear or known who committed the murders we wouldn’t be having this trial” was absolute nonsense. In a great many trials, it’s extremely clear who committed the murder. (I’ve just looked back at the trial for the murder of Erin Corwin, so that point is clear in my mind.)
There are also the cases wherein the killer is known but it is being argued as self defense or insanity.

That would be a VERY expensive text for you. I'm in Europe! :) Just "tag" me here! If I'm awake I'll see it - if asleep - I'll find out in the morning! LOL! But thank you for the offer!

My sister lived in Europe for 20 years. I can get away with one international text if you would like one. :cool:

Everyday thousands of innocent people are defendants until proven guilty by the state.

Do you admit there have been cases where guilty people got off?

I think the real killers of the McStay family got off and will never be prosecuted.

Don't know to whom you are addressing question. It appears more guilty people get off than innocent people are are convicted.
Especially in this particular case, the crime was likely committed by multiple people. Those people got off, while one scapegoat is being tried.

Boy - you all were quite busy last night....

missy1974 said:
hmmm I believe that some of the notes within the timeline come from the preliminary hearing, but I don't think the actual call log itself was in the preliminary hearing (I saved the transcipt a long time ago lol)

I can only conclude that some of it may be wrong because I just cannot see the State overlooking that at all. JMO Wish we knew where it originated from or who posted it originally.

Can you send that transcript somehow to me? What is different from what you have & what I have listed. I can always correct my stuff.

I'll see if I can hunt up "where" this came from.... it's like I have nothing else to do! LOL!

wary said:
I’m the one 26-32 hour vote. Am I right that they’re deliberating on Fridays from now on, or did I misunderstand? (I know the trial was never on Fridays.)

Yes, that is what I read - they can deliberate on Fridays.

mrjitty said:
It's around 15 years since I used cheques

I still use them for my bank in California! LOL!

mrjitty said:
IIRC the payee info appeared in the online statements?

That is correct - you can click on the check # - and it will show front and back of the check.

MsFacetious said:
My sister lived in Europe for 20 years. I can get away with one international text if you would like one. :cool:

Oh please don't - a "tag" is just fine! But thank you for the offer anyway! :)

Force Ten said:
Maybe. Maybe not. I haven't looked at Joseph's call records in a while but I recall he called the bank twice, 2 different numbers. It could have been a matter that Joseph was reviewing his account, noticed money being withdrawn and called the bank to see who cashed the check. Once he heard the name he may have been enraged enough to where he hung up and not said anything to the bank employee. He called Chase right after.

You are correct!

on Feb. 3rd:
11:35am - Joey actually started calling the accountant/banks. He calls "accountant".
11:37am – VM retrieval
11:38am – call to CM 4 min
[.....]
12:15pm - Joey calls Union Bank 3 min
12:21pm - Joey sends a text to CM
[.....]
12:48pm – Joey calls CM 2 min
12:57pm – 1:13pm – business call
1:14pm - incoming call from CM 4 min
2:35pm – call to CM 1 min

2:51pm – call to bank
3:04pm – call to CM 1 min
3:07pm – incoming call from CM 2 min
3:09pm – incoming call from CM 2 min

4:02pm – 4:03pm – business call / VM retrieval
4:21pm – call to CM 1 min
4:29pm – incoming call to CM 4 min
4:55pm – call to CM 1 min
5:02pm – call to CM 1 min
5:08pm – outgoing text to CM
5:36pm – outgoing text to CM
5:40pm – incoming call from CM 6 min

5:57pm – incoming call from Dan 6 min
6:20pm/6:22pm – two incoming texts Dan to Joey

Never notice the last 2 entries. I bet Joey talked with Dan re "what happened to his money" ??

Monday, June 3rd:
*Trial continues-Jury Deliberations-VERDICT WATCH! (@ 9am PT) - CA - McStay Family: Joseph (40), Summer (43), Gianni (4) & Joey Jr (3) (Feb. 4, 2010, Fallbrook; found Nov. 11, 2013) - *Charles "Chase" Ray Merritt aka Charles Ray Mandel aka Charles Ray Morritt aka Chase Meredith aka Chase Jarvis (57/now 62) arrested (11/5/14) & indicted (11/7/14) of 4 counts of murder with special circumstance; plead not guilty. DP case.
Trial started 1/7/19. Dark on all Fridays. Jurors started with 8 women & 4 men; now have 7 women & 5 men (alternates started with 4 men & 2 women-alternates left 2 men & 1 woman) 3 jurors were let go.
Trial Days (1-58: 1/7/19 thru 5/30/19) reference post #12 here:
VERDICT WATCH - Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

6/3/10 Day 59: Jury deliberates.
Tentative Schedule for week of June 3rd thru June 7th: 6/3, Monday: Court “might” start a 10am. Court in session all week for Jury deliberations, including Friday! When Jurors have a verdict there will be a 2-hour time period to get into court (or near your computer) before verdict is read.

PLEASE.... let's circle back to reality.
Just a request as a poster, before I go to bed. I am not a mod.
We are not here to bicker and argue with each other over stupid things.

These 4 beautiful people who were brutally murdered are why we are all here.

Joseph Mateo Martelli “Joey” McStay

2cekavp.jpg

Summer Aranda McStay

e5h6is.jpg

Gianni Giuseppe Martelli McStay

14e3wcg.jpg

Joseph Mateo Martelli McStay, Jr

9zyc92.jpg

Man that picture of Gianni is killing me. So much like my own 3, almost 4 year old little guy. :(

Please, can we just focus on what is being reported in this case? If "the McStay family...." doesn't fit into your post maybe it isn't relevant. If there is snark in your post, perhaps it is not needed right now. If there is a poster who's every single post pisses you off, that is what your ignore list is for. Use it.

Regardless of what you personally believe justice for the McStay family is, after 9 years we are so close to an ending here. I really don't want to end up with the thread shut down because posters were unable to focus on the case.

Please. We are so close. Focus. Scroll and roll. Ignore. Whatever it takes. :confused:

34xgsb5.jpg

Joseph Mateo Martelli “Joey” McStay (1969-2010) -...

See you all in the morning. :confused:

rsbm

1. Judge is human in that he could forget one of the victims' name, but he should not be smiling while asking about it as if it's a laughing matter. He should be embarrassed and ashamed.

2. If it's clear or known who murdered this family we wouldn't be having this trial.

What does number 2 mean?
If he was clearly GUILTY, then we wouldn't be having a trial? What would happen instead?

You are correct!

on Feb. 3rd:
11:35am - Joey actually started calling the accountant/banks. He calls "accountant".
11:37am – VM retrieval
11:38am – call to CM 4 min
[.....]
12:15pm - Joey calls Union Bank 3 min
12:21pm - Joey sends a text to CM
[.....]
12:48pm – Joey calls CM 2 min
12:57pm – 1:13pm – business call
1:14pm - incoming call from CM 4 min
2:35pm – call to CM 1 min

2:51pm – call to bank
3:04pm – call to CM 1 min
3:07pm – incoming call from CM 2 min
3:09pm – incoming call from CM 2 min

4:02pm – 4:03pm – business call / VM retrieval
4:21pm – call to CM 1 min
4:29pm – incoming call to CM 4 min
4:55pm – call to CM 1 min
5:02pm – call to CM 1 min
5:08pm – outgoing text to CM
5:36pm – outgoing text to CM
5:40pm – incoming call from CM 6 min

5:57pm – incoming call from Dan 6 min
6:20pm/6:22pm – two incoming texts Dan to Joey

Never notice the last 2 entries. I bet Joey talked with Dan re "what happened to his money" ??
I don't think those records for the 3rd can be correct Niner.

It seems to be a mishmash including calls from the 4th with some incorrect times as well. Take for instance Joey's confirmed calls to the bank on the 4th at 11.51 am and 12.15 pm - this schedule for the 3rd shows calls to the bank at 12.15 pm and 2.51 pm. I don't think those two calls should be in there at all, given that it was a point that these calls were so out of the ordinary because he last called them in November, so I don't know how reliable the rest of it is. Same with the call from CM to Joey at 3.07 pm - I think that was on the 4th.

I don't think those records for the 3rd can be correct Niner.

It seems to be a mishmash including calls from the 4th with some incorrect times as well. Take for instance Joey's confirmed calls to the bank on the 4th at 11.51 am and 12.15 pm - this schedule for the 3rd shows calls to the bank at 12.15 pm and 2.51 pm. I don't think those two calls should be in there at all, given that it was a point that these calls were so out of the ordinary because he last called them in November, so I don't know how reliable the rest of it is. Same with the call from CM to Joey at 3.07 pm - I think that was on the 4th.

Well - okay - I'll go hunt up the originally preliminary hearing stuff.... let' see how good I am.... LOL!

By the way - I just copied it from a thread here.

They have no rebuttal for much of what she said.

She busted them with Chases's own words, about the reason for the 'new accounting' procedure.He told LE it was to hide the account from Summerr. But the defense tried to say it was created to 'hide checks' from DK. She proved that was a manufactured lie by the defense. You could see on Chase's crestfallen face, how impactful that point by MR was.

And she deftly showed us that Joey already knew how to delete a check—so their speculation about Joey being the one who created and deleted checks on the 1st, to figure out how to do it is bogus.

As is their silly ‘pattern’ evidence that Joey then called CM afterwards to explain how to delete checks. That is just silly.
All of that, plus they fabricated the reason the cheques were backdated. Those small details of TRUTH (which is constant) and REASONABLE don't appear in the defense case, or appear to be a priority to anyone cheerleading for them.

How about the cheque on the 2nd being printed and then cashed several hours after CM swung by the house to get his $100 handwritten cheque. On cheque stock that most obviously was stolen. A point well made by McGee was that the box of cheques was not sitting out on the chair. It makes more sense that CM left the box in the cupboard after he'd had his stealing mitts in it, so Joey wouldn't notice. He kept on making points for the prosecution right up to closings.

Plus Joey creating a cheque at 8 pm on the 4th that he'd already instructed CM that day to create himself, and sending a cheque alignment page to print. And taking the deposit and final balance within days of each other. Why? Because he knew Joey was dead and would not be around to point out the anomaly.

So many obvious lies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members