Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In jury deliberations in 2 cases. Looks like Law and Crime has covered both at least a little, so I set up alerts for the verdict twitter. We will see how that goes. It's been almost 2 weeks since they tweeted, but I'll give it a shot.

Wow. Even in much more minor cases, our jury always leaves through a different area. We saw the alternates in the cafe during deliberations but other than that never saw the jury at all.

I am hoping that a verdict comes in on another case quick so I know if it works LOL And thanks for clarifying earlier, I should have been more clear, that they will tweet when a verdict is reached and not the actual verdict. I'm hoping that they will tweet it and then we will have 2 hours.

Yeah, there were a lot of references throughout the trial about the jury, public, lawyers, witnesses, family all in the same hallway coming and going at breaks, etc. Another poster here went early on @Cricket28, IIRC she had a day of sitting around lots, maybe she has some insight as well.

I don’t think the Jury need that long personally.

It’s a simple case when you look at it.

Chase back dated checks to the 4th. He did that because he knew the family was dead. Then it becomes well if he knew they was dead then he must of done it.

Simple!!

MOO

As everyone knows for quite awhile now I've had the same held opinion as you asyousay.

It is NOT a complex case to render the correct, and just verdict for the Joey McStay family of four.

However, I do think the jury has even much more evidence to go through than what you have listed.

For it to be a years old case with the victims not even found for way over three years, more closer to four years, this prosecution team, and investigators have been able to amass an overwhelming amount of evidence for the jury to consider. I think they will want to go through most of it.

I have learned from prior trials what we thought was the most important pieces of evidence that determined their guilty verdict those juries handed down, we were off base many times.

Of course the things we thought were of importance turned out to be true, but at times it was one or two other pieces of evidence that pushed them over the top when deciding the defendants were guilty BARD.

Imo, what will assist them to determine their verdict may not have been mentioned as often by our posters as much.

I think the cellphone searches, and the undeniable timing of those searches.. will be of utmost importance too along with all of the QB illegal activity.

Both of CMs searches show blatant COG. Both, and when they were done makes it very important evidence.

Innocent people do not have any need to search how to create a brand new identity nor do they search for ways to sneak into Canada either.

Imo, CM felt if he disappeared everyone would be looking for him in Mexico since it would be the most logical location. That's why he searched Canada instead of Mexico. Neither country will extradite any criminal who is facing the DP if convicted.

He also knew Canada will not extradite any murderer unless the death penalty is promised to be removed like I said, but he felt his chances of getting away was to go north instead of south.

So, imo his two search subject, and when they happened may be far more defining for the jury than it's been mentioned here.

Jmho

Last edited:
It's just not as cut and dry as everybody makes it out to be. It isnt that simple. Theres a reason why things were handled the way they were by LE and many other professionals in the beginning stages of this entire case. This case involves many shady characters and many shady things.

CM stole money so CM murdered everybody in his path. It's just not that simple especially with all the b.s. that happened regarding this case.

It's just not as cut and dry as everybody makes it out to be. It isnt that simple. Theres a reason why things were handled the way they were by LE and many other professionals in the beginning stages of this entire case. This case involves many shady characters and many shady things.

CM stole money so CM murdered everybody in his path. It's just not that simple especially with all the b.s. that happened regarding this case.

Thank you. I was just wondering someone claiming this is not a complex case :rolleyes:

Yep , the alternates already told JS he asked them for an interview , but other than that .......

If, according to your previous post, the two witnesses Mike and Mitchley could be talking about weather during the testimony break, it's also possible Wallace asked for interview about the weather, or climate change.

Who are the "shady characters" and "shady things" that were relevant to the case?

What is the "B.S." that you're referring to?

Keep in mind the jury can only take in to account the evidence that was presented during the trial. They won't know about the peripheral stuff that we've been privy to.

The defense team is naturally going to minimize his roll as a member of the inner most workings of the defense. Judge Smith will buy into it for the sake of the tax payers

Of course. That's why they said it would take them TWO LONG DAYS to come up with their CYA excuse (cough cough) affidavit I mean. Lol!

JMHO

This is by far the dumbest case I have ever followed

I mean jury tampering?

Really?

It seems like a bad idea to me to have the jury mingling with witnesses during trial?! I mean maybe the procedure is different with a live victim.

I'm just imagining a rapist and rape victim...the jury watching each outside the courtroom... or a family member saying something the jury can overhear, that wasn't admissible in the trial.

I just can't see how that is a good idea. Wow.

All the theories, all the chatter, all the doubt about what happened to this family was aired out at the beginning. All those doubts just dont disappear. If you genuinely feel CM is the only one capable and responsible for murdering the McStay family around the time they disappeared then its guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay