Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was either right before or right after Ms Mitchley's testimony, and before Mike McStay testified.

Also, Mike McStay, who was to testify right after Ms. Mitchley, was apparently sitting in the front of the audience watching Ms. Mitchley testifying. You can catch a glimpse of him getting up briefly around 40:20 here:

So what ?

I don’t think the Jury need that long personally.

It’s a simple case when you look at it.

Chase back dated checks to the 4th. He did that because he knew the family was dead. Then it becomes well if he knew they was dead then he must of done it.

Simple!!

MOO

My goodness this turn of events blew my socks off. Was this guy some over eager idiot or was he complicit with the whole defense team? He is an actual member per reports.

Anybody in their right mind knows you can't tamper with a jury! Was this an attempt by the defense to force a mistrial? No wonder Judge Smith needs a couple days to get to the bottom of this.
It was reported the DT requested 2 days to come up with their affidavits after JS demanded them.
You’re right , though. There’s probably more to
learn.
Doesn’t make sense a DT member would be so obvious , does it ?

I guess tomorrow McGee will announce he has been high on crack for the whole trial and move for a mistrial ;)
Honestly, at this point absolutely nothing would surprise me. The DT knows they have no viable defense so now they're hoping for a mistrial. It infuriates me to know that me along with the other tax payers in this state are paying for their dirty shenanigans. And people wonder why our state is so damn broke. Here's the first clue...:eek:

As long as both witnesses have already testified, they can talk to each other. The exclusionary rule is applicable before they've testified. I don't even think the exclusionary rule was applied in this case, so it may not have been an issue anyway.

My issue is why the hell were the witnesses and the jurors even in the same area?! That is just asking for a mistrial. That is ridiculous! Was that the case throughout the entire trial?!

I do believe that was the case throughout! Jurors, witnesses, media, all out in the hallway.

The defense team is naturally going to minimize his roll as a member of the inner most workings of the defense. Judge Smith will buy into it for the sake of the tax payers

Wallace has been working for them since 2016. I wonder what he’s been paid. Has he worked on other trial teams before? What possible excuse can he offer?

Did Chase Merritt murder the McStay family?
This poll will close on Jun 17, 2019 at 7:34 AM.
  1. *
    Guilty
    137 vote(s)
    91.9%

2. Not Guilty
    12 vote(s)
    8.1%
    POLL - Did Chase Merritt murder the McStay family?
"I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
- Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

“There are some people who just do not deserve to live,”
- Rev. Richard Hawke

Okay - time for this one to hit the hay! I seriously doubt they will come to a decision today....

But please - if more info is happening in the court room - please post - and if jurors have questions?

TIA! Have fun - but don't post TOO much - I'll be reading here all morning & I have things to do tomorrow! LOL!

Good night all!

Okay - time for this one to hit the hay! I seriously doubt they will come to a decision today....

But please - if more info is happening in the court room - please post - and if jurors have questions?

TIA! Have fun - but don't post TOO much - I'll be reading here all morning & I have things to do tomorrow! LOL!

Good night all!
Thank you for all you do, Niner. Sweet dreams :)

In jury deliberations in 2 cases. Looks like Law and Crime has covered both at least a little, so I set up alerts for the verdict twitter. We will see how that goes. It's been almost 2 weeks since they tweeted, but I'll give it a shot.

I do believe that was the case throughout! Jurors, witnesses, media, all out in the hallway.

Wow. Even in much more minor cases, our jury always leaves through a different area. We saw the alternates in the cafe during deliberations but other than that never saw the jury at all.

In jury deliberations in 2 cases. Looks like Law and Crime has covered both at least a little, so I set up alerts for the verdict twitter. We will see how that goes. It's been almost 2 weeks since they tweeted, but I'll give it a shot.

Wow. Even in much more minor cases, our jury always leaves through a different area. We saw the alternates in the cafe during deliberations but other than that never saw the jury at all.

Yes in the UK the Jury was kept totally separate from everybody else.

We was also not allowed to eat inside the cafeteria or anywhere local to the courts because they didn’t want us bumping into anybody from our case. That didn’t exactly plan out as one day the person who was on trial actually got off my tube and it hit me who it was so I waited on the platform for 5 mins until I thought enough time had passed. He obviously knew it was me as well as he had a smug grin and smirked at me as he got off. It didn’t even hit me straight away who it was it as you don’t expect to see the person you on a jury to convict get off the same tube as you.

This is by far the dumbest case I have ever followed

I mean jury tampering?

Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads