Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe Susan and Mike would hire Chase if this was the case. Would have been the perfect time to get rid of him knowing this is what Joey wanted.
CM still had work to complete first and at that stage the McStay family had no idea CM had murdered their family members. JM didn't know the terrible fate that was to come, and at that point JM was probably tired of CM's crap with his sloppy work, complaints etc., and the reason he wanted him out. IMO.

Hard to believe Susan and Mike would hire Chase if this was the case. Would have been the perfect time to get rid of him knowing this is what Joey wanted.
They were between a rock and a hard place. Unfortunately at the time Merritt was the only one who had intimate knowledge about the production side of things. They didn't have any options.

And IMO it was CM who murdered the McStay family and then like the sleazeball that he is sucked up to SB & MM for more money and knew he had them at a very vulnerable time while their family was missing, with the intent to ripoff as much money as he could get his filthy hands on knowing full well what he had done.
CM didn't have any friends he only had victims IMO.

And IMO it was CM who murdered the McStay family and then like the sleazeball that he is sucked up to SB & MM for more money and knew he had them at a very vulnerable time while their family was missing, with the intent to ripoff as much money as he could get his filthy hands on knowing full well what he had done.
CM didn't have any friends he only had victims IMO.

Yes he never even paid Susan back what he borrowed. What a horrible nasty man he is.

They were between a rock and a hard place. Unfortunately at the time Merritt was the only one who had intimate knowledge about the production side of things. They didn't have any options.

Well again, if Joey was firing Chase, he wasn't worrying about intimate knowledge of the production side of things. Nobody is indispensable. There's always other options.

Well again, if Joey was firing Chase, he wasn't worrying about intimate knowledge of the production side of things. Nobody is indispensable. There's always other options.
Joey may have known what his options were whereas the others obviously didn't. Plus Merritt had already been paid for the work and owed Joey money and it's not their place to fire Merritt, that was up to Joey. I'm sure in hindsight nobody would've let Merritt near anything involving the business and/or family.

By the time JM was really aware of what Merritt was up to it was too late and the McStay family were murdered a couple of days after that. It was no longer about Merritt doing work for JM but now it was actually about Merritt frauding JM, so two different things.

By the time JM was really aware of what Merritt was up to it was too late and the McStay family were murdered a couple of days after that. It was no longer about Merritt doing work for JM but now it was actually about Merritt frauding JM, so two different things.
I think Joey got confirmation of the fraud when he called Union Bank the very day they were killed. I've seen people make the argument that the bank would've flagged the account for fraud but unless Joey voiced his concerns to the bank they were unaware of what was going on.

Joey may have known what his options were whereas the others obviously didn't. Plus Merritt had already been paid for the work and owed Joey money and it's not their place to fire Merritt, that was up to Joey. I'm sure in hindsight nobody would've let Merritt near anything involving the business and/or family.

Mike had his suspicions about Merritt as early as March 2010 as per Steph Watts video. Knowing Joey wanted to fire Merritt and suspecting his involvement in the disappearance should have been reason enough to get rid of him. IMO

We'll have to agree to disagree. Neither one of us can convince the other differently. :)

I think Joey got confirmation of the fraud when he called Union Bank the very day they were killed. I've seen people make the argument that the bank would've flagged the account for fraud but unless Joey voiced his concerns to the bank they were unaware of what was going on.
I think JM found something suspicious in his QB's account on the 2nd. Feb. after Merritt was in there doing his thing on the 1st. Feb. and with that called his bank where he had not called his bank before.

Mike had his suspicions about Merritt as early as March 2010 as per Steph Watts video. Knowing Joey wanted to fire Merritt and suspecting his involvement in the disappearance should have been reason enough to get rid of him. IMO

We'll have to agree to disagree. Neither one of us can convince the other differently. :)
Who is Steph Watts?

I think JM found something suspicious in his QB's account on the 2nd. Feb. after Merritt was in there doing his thing on the 1st. Feb. and with that called his bank where he had not called his bank before.

Found something in the QB's on the 2nd, called bank on the 4th to verify fraud, and did not report it to the bank? I don't believe that for one minute especially if Joey was getting rid of Merritt.

I thought there was testimony Joey had called the bank on previous occasions?

Found something in the QB's on the 2nd, called bank on the 4th to verify fraud, and did not report it to the bank? I don't believe that for one minute especially if Joey was getting rid of Merritt.

I think JM probably confronted Merritt after his call to the bank to see what was going on and he and CM probably had words. And very soon after that on the 4th. the murders took place, IMO.

Wonder why the DT didn't call Steph Watts to the witness stand at Trial then? Haven't got time right now to watch the videos. Did she give statements to LE or something?

I think he was waiting to get an explanation from Merritt before alerting the bank. I can completely understand wanting to discuss it with Merritt first and Joey may have never told the bank about the fraud, especially if he was concerned about Merritt's reaction.

Having suspicions and having concrete evidence are two entirely different things.

And you're correct, we'll never see eye to eye on this case, especially since I never believed Michael McStay had any involvement nor did he do anything nefarious. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay