Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he staged anything in relation to a possible rape, as it appears that his goal was for the bodies never to be found.

It would have been unnecessary for him to take those measures.

There's been numerous examples at trial of Chase using his insider knowledge to critique the state case, but revealing what went down.

I agree he didn't stage the disposal / dumping site. Such sites are seldom staged. Rather he knows there was a knife and a rape angle but the knife isn't in the grave - that is the key thing. The defence on the other hand, resisted the bleach theory - because it points back to the cleanup.

Remember also it was suggested by the forensics that his truck had been cleaned with bleach

There's been numerous examples at trial of Chase using his insider knowledge to critique the state case, but revealing what went down.

In your opinion, what are some other examples? I’ve suspected, in this, and other cases, that the criminal, with as you said, inside knowledge, feels outraged when the state’s theory of the case goes off the track of what actually happened—

So the BIG day has arrived!

I watched Ms Rodriguez' masterful rebuttal again yesterday, this time to focus on Merritt's reactions. Wow. I doubt it was an intentional move to have him forced to sit and listen in silence to a female prosecutor nailing his butt and exposing all his failed lies and his very expensive DT strategy of smoke and mirrors and outright skulduggery, but whether it was or wasn't intentional that element was just PERFECT. I felt like she really represented Summer's energy, the ultimate showdown, because she has been missing in this trial and suddenly there she was at the end, rising like the Phoenix, IMO. I'm glad we got that opportunity finally to see his facial expressions and I hope also the camera today will be similarly positioned.

I just wish the whole court (barring him) could turn up today eating Chick-fil-A breakfasts all around him.

I'd send him a CFA voucher on a tray for his final meal.

JMO

I watched Ms Rodriguez' masterful rebuttal again yesterday, this time to focus on Merritt's reactions. Wow. I doubt it was an intentional move to have him forced to sit and listen in silence to a female prosecutor nailing his butt and exposing all his failed lies and his very expensive DT strategy of smoke and mirrors and outright skulduggery, but whether it was or wasn't intentional that element was just PERFECT. I felt like she really represented Summer's energy, the ultimate showdown, because she has been missing in this trial and suddenly there she was at the end, rising like the Phoenix, IMO. I'm glad we got that opportunity finally to see his facial expressions and I hope also the camera today will be similarly positioned.

I just wish the whole court (barring him) could turn up today eating Chick-fil-A breakfasts all around him.

JMO
Excellent summary Tortoise, & CFA at the courthouse :D

JMO

OMGosh it's almost 3am in CA and I've been awake for 2 hrs. I can't wait to get this verdict over with. Then maybe I can sleep! LOL at CFA. Once CM gets to his new prison cell we should all mail him CFA vouchers. :D

MOO

I cannot find anywhere that has said they intend to live stream the verdict.
My GUESS is that local news stations with online live streams may do so, if there is a camera in there.
Was it abc7 that was streaming early on and then had to leave early? Here is their livestream and facebook:

KABC News Live Streaming Video

ABC7 News

Anyone else have any other possibilities?

For light, fun reading that’s not a “case” I recommend this one:
The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7
original.gif

Don't tell 'em Pike! @Lilibet
( ;)They'll all wanna come)

In your opinion, what are some other examples? I’ve suspected, in this, and other cases, that the criminal, with as you said, inside knowledge, feels outraged when the state’s theory of the case goes off the track of what actually happened—

I think Pistorius was the gold standard for this, where you have a staging and lots of witnesses who made innocent mistakes about the number of gunshots confusing shots with cricket bat bangs.

Those mistakes or uncertainties allowed the defence not only to fabricate a version that better fits the evidence, but also to point out exactly where the state case is incorrect (inside knowledge). That was quite a unique case because the witnesses really did confuse the gunshots - but you can see the analogy here.

Chase has quarterbacked the trial all along, via sockpuppet Maline/McGee who can ask him privately "what really happened" or he can let them know after his exhaustive study of the case files in his jail cell about key facts he has "happened to notice" :rolleyes:

e.g.

graveside knife (he knows there was a knife and he kept it)
order of items in the grave (he knows this)
Wedding dress box (he knows why its missing)
futon cover in the wash (he put it there)
coming back to do the checks (again he knows the real timeline)
"someone" feeding the dogs (it was him)
dirty floors (he knows where in the house the murders happened)
Provecho (we got to see him fabricating behind the scenes via the jail house tapes)
The light that was always on (LOL)

This is the moment he squirms when the first interview is being played and he's telling them Joseph wanted his money hidden from Summer.

Starts at 1.01.21 and he stops reading the transcript and seems to look over at the jury to see if anyone noticed and gets in a panic (IMO) when his hand comes up to stroke the back of his head by 1.01.34.

Summer.png Summer2.png

Morning all!

We are finally in the final countdown.

My thoughts, and prayers are with both families today. Every minute of this morning must feel like hours for them all.

This day is about the victims, and all of their loved ones who have waited over 9 years for this day to come.

A final countdown to justice after so long. Imo.

The reason I believe MR mentioned the rape was to assure the jury they only admitted evidence they could prove. With the degraded evidence found in the grave unfortunately they couldn't prove BARD the charge of sexual assault.

They wanted the jury to know they don't just throw things up in the air like DT, and assume something they cant prove. Imo, it shows how credible they are.

However, I do believe CM raped Summer which would be another hideous act of torture on the woman he despised, and who despised him.

CM knew his mere touch would be replusive to Summer. It was another way he could torture, and degrade her before murdering her. I hope the injury to his hand was done by Summer as she fought him to the bitter end.

The jury can believe she was raped even though they had no forensic proof to offer the jury.

Imo, if CM is found guilty today if the jury believes she was also sexually assaulted then they will believe CM was the sexual predator, and not done by some unknown gang of whoever like the DT tried to illogically throwout.

At last, Lady Justice is finally beginning to rise to her feet to stand tall for justice to be carried out today.

Jmho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members