Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

The fact she didn't submit a report is suspect right off the bat. A true professional would have a report. The DT fought to keep ALV's notes from the prosecution - why?

Because ALV is a bold face liar and IMO the DT knew she would lie on the stand. I don't know which is worse - ALV lying or the DT knowing she'd lie on the stand. Both are reprehensible IMO.

It was easier for her to fit her testiboloney to suit JA if she did not have a report.

Sent from my left shoe using GetSmart Technology

Good morning WS friends!

Here we go.

36528819.jpg

So I took today off to watch closing arguments in peace. A coworker just noticed I'm out and texted me and said, "Keep me posted. Today must be closing arguments?" Hahahahahahaaaa!!! How embarrassing! I very rarely talk about cases with coworkers because they just aren't interested. I have no idea how he put the two together.

That's how I found out about this trial :blushing: . A co-worker asked me how the trial was going and was shocked that I wasn't following on "my" message boards. Have a feeling there will be a lot of live streaming going on at work today :)

But Juan gets his second big bang after Nurmi .... so I don't think the jury will get the case until Monday after Juan finishes. Unless the Judge makes them do a marathon day today and stay until all is said and done.

:doh: How could I forget that? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thank You!!!

Did Jodi actually say she returned the gas can TO THE SAME WALMART? (I am aware there are posts saying there was only one Walmart in Salinas until 2010.) But, Nurmi objected TWICE yesterday when Juan stated she said the "SAME STORE". He's got something up his sleeve, me thinks.:banghead:

I don't want Nurmi to be able to refute a single word of Juan's closing. It would look bad to the jury. TIA

Good morning all. I don't see how Nurmi can refute it. I don't think new evidence can be presented during closing arguments, and JA definitely said she returned it to the same Walmart.

Good Morning. It's raining here....ugh! I heard JM's closing was a total of 3 1/2 hours. I pray that kn can do it in that length of time as well....although I doubt it. :banghead::banghead:

Give Nurmi a break. Everyone knows that it takes a lot longer to lie than it does to tell the truth. :floorlaugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjul
I really do believe that ALV has been charged with perjury. The defense didn't jump to object any of the times Juan called her out on being a LIAR. To me, that is telling. Also, Juan doesn't take kindly to lying. Thirdly, Alyce got a whoppin' so I hear while in chambers being questioned by Juan. I doubt Alyce with her pseudo freudian glasses and tweetie bird hairdo will be testifying in more trials anytime soon.

She just likes to be in the light so she can try to cast a REALLY BIG shadow, but ends up makin' stink all over the place instead.

I love Juan. He knows his *advertiser censored*.

I actually asked on Legal Thread this morning. Since JM publically called ALV a liar several times and really excoriated her, I wondered in this was a "concession" from what happened in chambers. Maybe a legal eagle passing through this thread will know if that is possible.

I think it was a huge mistake to tell the prosecutor he needs a time out.

Juan can bring charges, he's not just some court appointed attorney, so he's not the one you want to piss off.

They just said on HLN that there is (supposedly) TWO Walmarts in Salinas, Ca. Could this be the trick up the duhfense's sleeve ITO the gas tanks? Please tell me that if true, the second Walmart was built AFTER JA's pass through that area.... Surely JM would have covered this (had an investigation done of the returns history of both Walmarts) if it was a possibility?

I'm sure this has been answered, but even if there were 5 Walmart stores there, she claims she bought and returned the gas can to the same store. Her receipt shows where it was purchased, so that's the one that was checked.

Exactly, it would have been interesting listening to her explain how she knew he was dead if she was in such a fog, how did she know she didn't leave him there bleeding to death? Shows once again, there was no fog and she was more concerned with not being caught than even making an anonymous call to 911 for this man she loved....

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

And if she has no memory of stabbing Travis and slitting his throat, then why did she make a conscious effort to remove the knife from the scene?!? This fognesia excuse of hers just doesn't hold water, no matter how the "experts" try to spin it. :moo:

Good Morning. It's raining here....ugh! I heard JM's closing was a total of 3 1/2 hours. I pray that kn can do it in that length of time as well....although I doubt it. :banghead::banghead:

Raining here too. And cold. Blech. A good excuse to stay inside though, in my iPad, watching closing arguments and hanging with you dudes.

I seriously dread Nurmi. I think he'll take every last second he has available. Blech x two.

Thanks.

But who was JM trying to bring in?

And how were the jury questions to Dr. G? Were they skeptical?

I did not see the Juror questions for Dr. G...had major storms that day. I don't even know if there were any? Anyone know?

Also not sure who JM was bringing in (anyone know?) but after yesterday I don't think JM will need to bring ANYONE in. :moo:

Can someone tell me at what point during the closing argument Juan was talking about the skateboarders? I watched the YouTube video of the closing part 1 and got 3/4 of the way through part 2 and nothing so far mentioned the skateboarders. Is there some of the closing missing from the YouTube vids?

Can someone help me with this question? Okay JM took all of yesterday to do his closing. NO DOUBT Nurmi will do the same, either from being a turtle or spite. Do you guys think the jury will get the case today?

I DO NOT. Hell JM gets the last word and Nurmi will NOT let that happen today.

Thoughts?

Agree!

:banghead:
five hours of nurmi just.....draaaaaaaging it out. And talking about sex..anal sex specifically, and using *advertiser censored*, *advertiser censored*, three-whole wonder over and over.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

We should take a guess at how many times Nurmi says three hole wonder

BBM

The fact she didn't submit a report is suspect right off the bat. A true professional would have a report. The DT fought to keep ALV's notes from the prosecution - why?

Because ALV is a bold face liar and IMO the DT knew she would lie on the stand. I don't know which is worse - ALV lying or the DT knowing she'd lie on the stand. Both are reprehensible IMO.

I believe that it should be a requirement of testifying in the court system, I simply don't understand the concept of presenting to the jury an "expert" without some type of criteria such as a report!!! Also, I firmly believe that ALV perjured herself and therefore Juan, without DT objections, called her a liar.

The judge said they will have the jury lottery AFTER closing arguments. I think they are going to put all 15 numbers in a GAS CAN, and only draw out 3. They will be the alternates. :wink:

RBBM: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: hilarious !

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

And if she has no memory of stabbing Travis and slitting his throat, then why did she make a conscious effort to remove the knife from the scene?!? This fognesia excuse of hers just doesn't hold water, no matter how the "experts" try to spin it. :moo:

Exactly, I do think that Dr D and JM were able to show that the 'FOG' she was in was a lie. The level of 'higher thinking' required to delete pictures, clean up the scene, stage the scene etc etc etc would never have happened in a fog or 'fight/flight' response. She would have no ability to do so. The brain is telling the body to leave or if in fight mode pushes all thinking towards the muscles and response to the event. Not for critical thinking on how to make sure you aren't caught. Two different issues imho.

K

Did Jodi actually say she returned the gas can TO THE SAME WALMART? (I am aware there are posts saying there was only one Walmart in Salinas until 2010.) But, Nurmi objected TWICE yesterday when Juan stated she said the "SAME STORE". He's got something up his sleeve, me thinks.:banghead:

I don't want Nurmi to be able to refute a single word of Juan's closing. It would look bad to the jury. TIA

If he has something up his sleeve, thenyoy pull it out and provide disclosure during tye trial.

I believe that it should be a requirement of testifying in the court system, I simply don't understand the concept of presenting to the jury an "expert" without some type of criteria such as a report!!! Also, I firmly believe that ALV perjured herself and therefore Juan, without DT objections, called her a liar.

Correction.....JM called her a liar in closing SEVERAL times. Haha

Thanks for posting that youtube clip! I missed part of JM's closing argument and that was a key piece missed. So thanks again. :)

JM is so bang on - ALV did lie, RS did lie, and the DT KNEW they lied which IMO is the most egregious of them all. That the DT knowingly put witnesses on the stand to lie is something that should be reported to the Arizona Bar IMO.

I'm carrying this over from another thread:

The other major thing that I see as problematic for the DT is the perception of manipulation by the DT itself; this is above and beyond J's lies. The jury learned that ALV reviewed materials that were cherry picked for her. The DT misled Dr. Geffner in representations regarding Dr. DeMarte. JW misled the jury with her questions to Geffner about remuneration. This jury has been super, super sharp with their questions and recall of testimony, so the DT needs to be very, very careful in closing not to place themselves in the position that their entire case is disregarded due to perceived manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member