Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something I keep thinking about, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to express myself right.
I personally believe that Jodi Arias truly believed that she could act so sweet and innocent that she could pull the wool over everyone’s eyes. I think that even going into this trial she still believes that she is going to convince the jury she is demure, virtuous, and far too sweet to intentionally do anything like what she actually did.
This isn’t working. The personality she’s trying to display comes across with a knock-off quality. She is a cubic-zirconia. She looks nice and she is going through all the motions of being a sweet, virtuous, and kind woman. However, much like a cubic zirconia falls flat and dull when compared alongside an authentic diamond; Jodi’s attempt at portraying herself as a good woman dulls when compared alongside the true gems of women who we have seen throughout this trial. Travis’s sisters, Dr. Demarte, Deanna, and Lisa are the diamonds. Jodi’s counter-fit personality can’t shine because the shine from such intelligent, strong, successful and genuinely beautiful women overshadow what Jodi’s offering.

You have said it perfectly well. :seeya:

KCL posted on the courtroom observations thread that she has a seat in the courtroom for today!

The CD's prove premed, but they do more than that. She went out of her way to bring them and they were SCRATCHED. She scratched them on purpose as a way of erasing Travis and their relationship, and she took them there to toy with him. Look, I finally brought the CD's you wanted. I bet he knew she had scratched them on purpose.

What the CD's prove to me is that she had no interest in talking him into Cancun. She knew she no longer could manipulste him into such thing. She went there to murder him , period,
!

To me this whole story was suspect, like the closet. She was building her story based on the evidence Flores was sharing with her... she even wanted to see the crime scene photos and told of running in the closet with the Ninja. Flores had told her he found her hair, dna, fingerprints etc.. she was covering her *advertiser censored** -- making up stories where she knew they would find evidence. She probably came in through the office window, thus the screen on the ground, and hid in his closet while he slept, hadn't he found her there once before?
JMO

I agree, that was very smart on Juan's part!

BBM: ME TOO! I NEVER use her name! Only initials for her (and that is only because if I used the nicknames I have in mind I would get an TO, so initials it is) :floorlaugh:

I refuse to spell out her name but out of respect for the victims, I always take the extra few nano seconds to type them in full.

BBM
I agree! I think there was far more going on in chambers with ALV than we know about. Any decent lawyer would object to their witness being called a liar, unless there is a reason he felt he couldn't!

I'm thinking it's something as serious as she lied about the hours she spent with JA in order to be paid more. That would be real fraud. And remember when she was refusing to answer a question from Juan he asked the judge if he could "now ask the question about the issue we discussed"? ALV was then taken out, given a talking to, and came back in and finally answered, "yes" to Juan's question.
If only we knew what the secret question was.

It takes Nurmi all day to walk to the podium. He better learn to look up if he expects the jurors to believe anything he says. His constant looking at the floor shows insecurity to me, and that's not going to win over even the dumbest of the dumb.

"It's not JA's fault she's a three hole wonder" :floorlaugh:

I always felt his talking to the floor showed deception. I wonder if he dare look the jurors in the eye today.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 45s

I am in the courtroom now #JodiArias. Still in awe of Willmott's amazing salmon suit. First time she has worn it. She got the memo!

Good morning!

I just vant to give you another example of JM's greatness:

Yesterday during JM's closing, my son came home from university for the summer--he's in grad school in Montreal (sorry, gotta boast--I'm a mum). Ve hadn't seen each other since Christmas and vere laughing and hugging. He then glanced at the tv and asked vho the eloquent man is. I explained the facts of the trial and together ve spent the rest of the afternoon sitting on the sofa in near silence vatching JM. Only at the finish did ve really talk to each other, catching up, etc.

LOLL! okay Becky, here's a "w". You can copy and paste it now. Allthough I had a good laugh reading that. :floorlaugh::seeya:

One of my favorite Juan lines from yesterday :

smileytakeaspin.gif
"What's a girl to do ?"
smileytakeaspin.gif

:floorlaugh: "What's a girl to do ?" :floorlaugh:

I Loved!!
and this one..

"How do I love thee, Let me count the lies! "

I am thinking Nurmi will most likely use the term "3-holed wonder" in his closing. He seems to have gotten quite attached to that specific phrase. DISGUSTING!!!

Definitely be prepared for more sex talk from Nurmi. That's his go-to move.

This is something I keep thinking about, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to express myself right.
I personally believe that Jodi Arias truly believed that she could act so sweet and innocent that she could pull the wool over everyone’s eyes. I think that even going into this trial she still believes that she is going to convince the jury she is demure, virtuous, and far too sweet to intentionally do anything like what she actually did.
This isn’t working. The personality she’s trying to display comes across with a knock-off quality. She is a cubic-zirconia. She looks nice and she is going through all the motions of being a sweet, virtuous, and kind woman. However, much like a cubic zirconia falls flat and dull when compared alongside an authentic diamond; Jodi’s attempt at portraying herself as a good woman dulls when compared alongside the true gems of women who we have seen throughout this trial. Travis’s sisters, Dr. Demarte, Deanna, and Lisa are the diamonds. Jodi’s counter-fit personality can’t shine because the shine from such intelligent, strong, successful and genuinely beautiful women overshadow what Jodi’s offering.

:bump: This is a great post and very well put. Thank you!

Hey HO ... snap out of it. Quit beating yourself up sweetie! I should be the one who feels guilty. I haven't hardly been off my obsessed butt for .... oh ... around four months now :blushing: :giggle:. So ... you're in good company :blowkiss:

Awe thanks! Yeah, I'm not moving anymore today. :)

I am a little frantic today as I must go to work at 1145 PST. Will have no access to the trial and won't get home till 11pm. Why did I schedule myself for work on the most important days after sitting through all this.... AGGGGGHH

Anyone have the good link, BTW. My history does it show it today as I turned off my laptop which erases it. No the WAT or AZ link. I think it starts with a K.

Is 9 am really the start time
? I gotta shower now, if so...

I have found this to work the best for me.

http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/kphocom-local-live-streaming

Good morning!

I just vant to give you another example of JM's greatness:

Yesterday during JM's closing, my son came home from university for the summer--he's in grad school in Montreal (sorry, gotta boast--I'm a mum). Ve hadn't seen each other since Christmas and vere laughing and hugging. He then glanced at the tv and asked vho the eloquent man is. I explained the facts of the trial and together ve spent the rest of the afternoon sitting on the sofa in near silence vatching JM. Only at the finish did ve really talk to each other, catching up, etc.

GOSH!! Guess I am gonna be on the verge of tears all day today again.

Cause this sent me over the edge...have tears streaming down my face reading this!

For the cute Mom/Son moment, for the greatness that is Juan, for the remarkable job he did yesterday for getting Justice for Travis!

Thanks for sharing!!!

It's time to take the furkids out to potty so I can (in spirit at least) sit with the family of Travis Victor Alexander today. Y'all be safe, hug the ones you love, and hopfully pray for justice for this family. They have been a rock for Travis, despite their loss and hurt. I so respect them for the way they have handled all this. I doubt I could be that strong were I in their shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13