Closing arguments- thread #174

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or do JA's eyes seem somehat human today? They don't look like the soulless black holes (ouch) of previous days.

THey look kind of glassy eye to me - maybe some real tears in them.

UUUMMMMM....sleep time???

Or maybe....the killing took LONGER than she imagined?!?!?!

I AM SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you set up an alibi with no one to give you an alibi??? lolol

Nurmi had no respect for this jury from the beginning. He is still insulting them.

Nurmi is STUPID for attempting to save the Gas Can lie.

The transcript from CNN.com

MARTINEZ: And then you purchased this gas can in Salinas, and you said after a short period of time -- well, you didn`t say a period. You said that you returned it back to the store, the Wal-Mart in Salinas, right?

ARIAS: That`s correct.

MARTINEZ: And it`s the same store that you bought it from, right?

ARIAS: Yes.

MARTINEZ: Because it was in -- probably because it was in the same general vicinity, right?

ARIAS: Right.

MARTINEZ: And, ma`am, one of the other things that you said was that the reason that you did this was because you -- it was expensive and -- it didn`t seem to make sense to you to get that gas can, right?

ARIAS: Yes, in hindsight I realized it didn`t make sense.

MARTINEZ: All right. So why is it -- are you -- why is it then, ma`am, that you showed up with three gas cans in Salt Lake City?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/07/ijvm.01.html

Boy, this is hard to listen to. Nurmi just doesn't capture my attention. I think Samantha looked about as bored as I feel.

Pretend you're a juror, after everything else you've heard in the trial, everything Nurmi says will only confirm in your mind the facts and evidence in the case, one issue after the next. Thanks, Mr. Nurmi. ;)

Is conversating a word? I haven't heard that since some character from "Dad's" took the stand in the David Westerfield trial.

I know I'm biased but it feels to me like Nurmi is making the state's case here...

I hate that "word!" Nurmi is illiterate--just try to read his motions for whatever. It's painful.

The best part of this closing argument is you can JM in the background, cool as cuke :)

This wasn't a stealth trip...it was just the opposite. Jodi took great pains to say "Look at me! I'm in Redding! Look at me! I'm in Monterrey! Look at me! I'm in Pasadena! Look at me...I'm in Nevada!"

In her mind, every receipt that wasn't in Arizona was a piece of evidence in her favor. I'm sure she thought that she could use the manipulative approach "I'm just a ditzy girl and I get lost a lot. I needed all the gas cans I could get my hands on".

The jury is going to find this argument irrelevant and insulting.

Dylan- (Like A Rolling Stone) keeps running through my head:

When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose
You're invisible now, you got no secrets to conceal.

How does it feel?...

he has to admit the phone being off looks bad.

but that's not enough. really?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Nurmi forgot to show the receipts from Arizona..

Oh, wait.... there weren't any.....

She couldn't turn her phone back on while she was in Arizona...

pfffttt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member