Closing arguments- thread #175

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whiney tone of his voice is very annoying.

OMG. Is that ir for the killing. Is Nurmi going to totally SKIP OVER the killing?

They must have told her to face the jury today. Also, her hair is tied back. She's an innocent victim.

Nurmi said "9 days out of 10 I don't like Jodi" and JA laughed as if to say oh my attorney is making a little joke. NO jodi HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU!! He tried to get out of defending you several times and would rather defend sexual predators than you. I'm sure he will be more than happy when this is over. Also I think JW will be relieved when she no longer has to supervise JA in craft corner. Thank the Lord she isn't allowed scissors!

She didn't "hang out" with Ryan Burns, Nurmi. She used him as an alibi and grinded him....Big difference!

why did Nurmi say "it doesn't matter about the sexual orientation of the witness". I must have really missed something here.
Because of the personal attacks made on AVL.

He's boring! And will drag it in until the cows come home.

A. That is the most physical activity Nurmi has done since day one
B. I bet he got a hernia from it

why on earth would he say such a thing (not liking her 9 out of 10 days). Wowzer!!!

He wanted to intersperse a few truths in with the rest of the lies. :twocents:

why on earth would he say such a thing (not liking her 9 out of 10 days). Wowzer!!!

Actually, this was one of Nurmi's smarter moves.

He KNOWS his client is not likeable at all. The jury questions have made it abundantly clear they cannot stand her. By saying up front that he (Nurmi) doesn't like her either, he is telling them "Hey, I get ya. I'm right there with ya. BUT....there is this thing called the 'law' and it doesn't matter if any of us 'like' her. You still have to follow the law."

He is saying it is okay..just fine not to like her but please be advised that you still have to follow the law.

I keep listening to KN, thinkin' something of value will slip out while he conversates with the jury...silly me..

it doesn't.make.any.sense.

I wonder why he didn't try and come to see the State's closing and only the DT's closing.

Maybe he did and just couldn't get in because of the lottery for seats yesterday. :dunno:

Nurmi she did stab him you goober WOW .

Yes Nurmi she stabbed this big strong man, explain that.

Ugh. Down to up is the direction the knife enters the skin.
1. It was slightly down to up.
2. If the skin is folded, the knife may enter the skin in a slight down to up direction.
3. If she lunged onto him while he was sitting, the knife may well have been thrust in a slightly upward motion.
4. The inclination of the knife means essentially nothing, as we know she knifed him in the heart.

Wow, he's going to jury instructions already. He can't be almost done...

...Yep...and on that other day he hates her.....

I think he does, I really do.

IMHO, he looks like he has been defending her under sufferance.

IMHO, if this is the best he's got to give in criminal trials, he should seriously go in to another area of the law.

I know he wanted out and it is a hard case to defend, but seriously I have seen better defence lawyers at work in my small country town. They at least seem passionate and interested in the case. He always looks like he is dozing.

"Jodi told you another version of events... blah blah... self defence.... BUT Im not going to read that to you"

rofl.

Nurmi is just trying to confuse and obfuscate. Jury won't forget what Juan has already proven and Juan willget up another time to be sure they understand they are NOT to feel guilty for finding her guilty of murder one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau