Closing arguments- thread #176

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
dont know if this was posted earlier but per shanna hogan only one member of the public was drawn by lotto to sit in.

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker (a few years), recently made it official and joined and this is my first time posting.
*waves to everyone*

I am very passionate about the trials that I follow and this one has affected me in a way I did not expect. I'm a little reluctant to share my thoughts on it, as I oddly feel the desire to keep them private.

Having said that, I just can't sit silently and not comment any longer. I have to say that if I were a juror in this trial, I would be highly offended and disgusted having to sit through this today. I don't want to break any site rules, so I will just say that it's insulting to my intelligence. Compared to JM's organized, thought provoking closing that was a straight path to Murder 1, KN's closing is like driving through a neighborhood full of cul de sac's on the way to the land of nowhere. I'm starting to get a headache from listening, and am gladly welcoming the commercials on HLN.

If I were on the jury, I would disregard all other testimony and just look at the autopsy photos and the crime scene photos. Those speak volumes to me. There was no need to slit his throat unless she wanted to kill him. Period. End of story. That is premeditated and shows a full effort was put forth to end this man's life. The stabbing and gunshot could be argued to be in self defense, but not the injury to the throat. The crime scene shows he was desperately, desperately trying to get away from her. As JM said yesterday, JA likes to add extra details to make her lies more believable. Those extra measures are what is going to convict her, IMHO. The level of overkill does not fit into self defense. There is absolutely no way to successfully justify slitting someone's throat.

My heart breaks for Travis Alexander's family and friends. I can not imagine what it must be like for them to have to sit through this.

From listening to the jury's questions, it shows they are listening and watching and are very intelligent. My hope is that they are unanimous. I am not sure if I could face her getting off the way CA did (pun not intended). It took me several months to get over the CA verdict (who am I kidding, I still get a pang of rage at the thought of it). I'm sure they are noticing that the defendant doodles, writes notes to JW and KN, smirks and rubs her nose raw. It would offend me if I were them. I expect if someone is on trial for their life, they would be more attentive and humble. Instead, this defendant would rather draw pictures to sell, write down witty quotes to have posted on twitter and/or figure the perfect way to structure a thought provoking sentence for her self indulgent manifesto. It's mind boggling that her DT never advised her to at least pretend she was interested. I think if/when she gets a guilty verdict, and some of the jury talk to the media, they will comment on her behavior and how it aided them in their decision.

I hope I post this right, I have no idea if I am. My apologies if I am not, or if I have broken any rules.

I just spent like 15 minutes wondering around my house trying to find a specific pair of socks...

that I already had on my feet. :facepalm: I think my hippocampus has shut down trying to follow the DT's closing. I feel exhausted too. I'm worried that Nurmi will take up the whole day and the Jury will be excused for the weekend instead of making sure he finishes today so Juan can make his final statement and get this thing on the road. If we have to go through another weekend before a darn thing gets started I am going to explode.

:seeya:

Sigh, I have to figure out what to make for dinner.

Ain't nobody got time fo 'dat.

The lady in front of me at the checkout today was getting eggs, sausage links, and buttermilk (for pancakes). I said, "That looks like breakfast." She said, "It's going to be our dinner tonight. My kids would rather eat this than carryout." Sounds like a winner dinner to me :)

I'm ready for the afternoon session. I brought my husband home a box of thumbprint cookies from the Federal Bakeshop in Chattanooga yesterday on my trip. um...my boychild and I just eated them all. If I get kilt, please call Juan, k?

Hellooooo from Middle Tennessee!!!!

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker (a few years), recently made it official and joined and this is my first time posting.
*waves to everyone*

I am very passionate about the trials that I follow and this one has affected me in a way I did not expect. I'm a little reluctant to share my thoughts on it, as I oddly feel the desire to keep them private.

Having said that, I just can't sit silently and not comment any longer. I have to say that if I were a juror in this trial, I would be highly offended and disgusted having to sit through this today. I don't want to break any site rules, so I will just say that it's insulting to my intelligence. Compared to JM's organized, thought provoking closing that was a straight path to Murder 1, KN's closing is like driving through a neighborhood full of cul de sac's on the way to the land of nowhere. I'm starting to get a headache from listening, and am gladly welcoming the commercials on HLN.

If I were on the jury, I would disregard all other testimony and just look at the autopsy photos and the crime scene photos. Those speak volumes to me. There was no need to slit his throat unless she wanted to kill him. Period. End of story. That is premeditated and shows a full effort was put forth to end this man's life. The stabbing and gunshot could be argued to be in self defense, but not the injury to the throat. The crime scene shows he was desperately, desperately trying to get away from her. As JM said yesterday, JA likes to add extra details to make her lies more believable. Those extra measures are what is going to convict her, IMHO. The level of overkill does not fit into self defense. There is absolutely no way to successfully justify slitting someone's throat.

My heart breaks for Travis Alexander's family and friends. I can not imagine what it must be like for them to have to sit through this.

From listening to the jury's questions, it shows they are listening and watching and are very intelligent. My hope is that they are unanimous. I am not sure if I could face her getting off the way CA did (pun not intended). It took me several months to get over the CA verdict (who am I kidding, I still get a pang of rage at the thought of it). I'm sure they are noticing that the defendant doodles, writes notes to JW and KN, smirks and rubs her nose raw. It would offend me if I were them. I expect if someone is on trial for their life, they would be more attentive and humble. Instead, this defendant would rather draw pictures to sell, write down witty quotes to have posted on twitter and/or figure the perfect way to structure a thought provoking sentence for her self indulgent manifesto. It's mind boggling that her DT never advised her to at least pretend she was interested. I think if/when she gets a guilty verdict, and some of the jury talk to the media, they will comment on her behavior and how it aided them in their decision.

I hope I post this right, I have no idea if I am. My apologies if I am not, or if I have broken any rules.

I agree with you, I lurked a long time before I posted too.

:seeya:

Sigh, I have to figure out what to make for dinner.

Ain't nobody got time fo 'dat.

Hello, Nina's Pizza take out....please One large double cheese w/mushrooms and a 2 lt. bottle of coke.

oh boy I did not go full screen..
I did yesterday though...:seeya::rockon:

Seque where are you.....it's almost 5 o'clock.....stop trying to shoot those turkeys ....and join me in a potable......

OK...now since we are really AT THAT TIME...

Do we know - for sure I guess - what happens next?

Is it up to the jurors? Is there in fact a place where they can deliberate this weekend?

Hi everyone,

*waves to everyone*

Great Post :rockon:

Glad you joined :seeya:

Hi everyone,

*waves to everyone*

:welcome6:

Amazing first post!!

Did anyone see Beth K on HLN talking about the pedophile letters. When they were proven to to fake, written by Jodi, then the prosecution wanted to use them they could not!! So let me understand, the defense can call Travis a pedophile just on Jodi's words, and drill it into the jury conscience, but the state can not enter evidence to dispute this and let the jury decide. moo

Hi everyone,

*waves to everyone*

:welcome4: and thanks for a great post!

Jean C. reporting that men on the jury were taking lots of notes during Nurmi's attempts to discredit pre-meditation by stating that JA had so MANY opportunities to kill Travis after she arrived. Not many women jurors taking notes.

I hope these jurors realize that the roommates were home off and on until 4:00 p.m. How could she shoot him??? She had to wait until late afternoon....and that she did!

Hi everyone,

*waves to everyone*

Great first post! :welcome:

Hi everyone,

*waves to everyone*

:welcome: Good post!

Hi everyone,

*waves to everyone*

:seeya: Hello and :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member