Closing arguments- thread #176

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi: "Somebody was not going to make it out alive. It was either Travis or Jodi".

WHAT??? This guy is as bad as his client! Unbelieveable!!!

The lady in front of me at the checkout today was getting eggs, sausage links, and buttermilk (for pancakes). I said, "That looks like breakfast." She said, "It's going to be our dinner tonight. My kids would rather eat this than carryout." Sounds like a winner dinner to me :)

I love breakfast for dinner!

How far past the murder will Nurmi try to explain/excuse? Cleanup, Othello call, adjusting Ryan Burns, crying hysterically for days when she learns Travis was found dead, gopher-bear-tiger versions of stories????

Well, not watching on the tube but thought I'd read through the posts here, see what's what. Just waiting for Juan's closing remarks. :crystalball:

Say, who mentioned sour candies in the last thread?? I had to go the corner zippy mart and buy some Sour Patch Kids! The power of the printed word....
:lick:

She didn't say they were on his side, she said they were attentive while he was talking about the premeditation, but all the observers said the same thing yesterday when Juan was doing his closing. I don't think it means anything other than they're taking their job seriously, as they should. Besides that, Jean C has always been favorable toward the defense unless she is talking with Nancy Grace. :twocents:

Thanks!! I am glad I got that wrong. To me she said it with such relish, maybe it is just me because I can't stand her. my opinion only.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 4s

Everyone is shuffling back in now. Counsel is still in chambers. My lunch was mediocre at best. Still kind of hungry. #JodiArias
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Wild About Trial Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m

hWelp, we are headed down the back stretch folks. One more afternoon of #JodiArias trial. Are you as tired as I am?
Expand
Wild About Trial Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 4m

Nurmi and Willmott just went back into chambers. Nurmi has taken off his suit jacket for now. Courtroom is empty. #JodiArias
Expand
Wild About Trial Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 5m

Back in the courtroom at the #JodiArias trial. Juan's brother has been extremely helpful with my knooter needs, hes great.

---

Juan's brother???

Beautiful karma in a legal way...Jodi is screwed and the state has her in checkmate for 2 reasons:

1. if she admits to stealing grand pa's gun its is pre meditation = death penalty

2. If Travis had a gun and she took it after the murder then its felony murder and that is death penalty

either way CHECKMATE time for the fat lady to sing!

Did anyone hear Jean C.on HLN saying something about the male jurors being on Nurmi side (defense). Anyone? moo

How would she possible know?

I talked to someone( in person) a friend, Wednesday night who was on a murder trial. It was drug related, she was the only juror who thought he was innocent. She said the other jurors went point by point and expained to her how he couldn't be innocent. She changed to guilty.

hi everyone,

long time lurker (a few years), recently made it official and joined and this is my first time posting.
*waves to everyone*

i am very passionate about the trials that i follow and this one has affected me in a way i did not expect. I'm a little reluctant to share my thoughts on it, as i oddly feel the desire to keep them private.

Having said that, i just can't sit silently and not comment any longer. I have to say that if i were a juror in this trial, i would be highly offended and disgusted having to sit through this today. I don't want to break any site rules, so i will just say that it's insulting to my intelligence. Compared to jm's organized, thought provoking closing that was a straight path to murder 1, kn's closing is like driving through a neighborhood full of cul de sac's on the way to the land of nowhere. I'm starting to get a headache from listening, and am gladly welcoming the commercials on hln.

If i were on the jury, i would disregard all other testimony and just look at the autopsy photos and the crime scene photos. Those speak volumes to me. There was no need to slit his throat unless she wanted to kill him. Period. End of story. That is premeditated and shows a full effort was put forth to end this man's life. The stabbing and gunshot could be argued to be in self defense, but not the injury to the throat. The crime scene shows he was desperately, desperately trying to get away from her. As jm said yesterday, ja likes to add extra details to make her lies more believable. Those extra measures are what is going to convict her, imho. The level of overkill does not fit into self defense. There is absolutely no way to successfully justify slitting someone's throat.

My heart breaks for travis alexander's family and friends. I can not imagine what it must be like for them to have to sit through this.

From listening to the jury's questions, it shows they are listening and watching and are very intelligent. My hope is that they are unanimous. I am not sure if i could face her getting off the way ca did (pun not intended). It took me several months to get over the ca verdict (who am i kidding, i still get a pang of rage at the thought of it). I'm sure they are noticing that the defendant doodles, writes notes to jw and kn, smirks and rubs her nose raw. It would offend me if i were them. I expect if someone is on trial for their life, they would be more attentive and humble. Instead, this defendant would rather draw pictures to sell, write down witty quotes to have posted on twitter and/or figure the perfect way to structure a thought provoking sentence for her self indulgent manifesto. It's mind boggling that her dt never advised her to at least pretend she was interested. I think if/when she gets a guilty verdict, and some of the jury talk to the media, they will comment on her behavior and how it aided them in their decision.

I hope i post this right, i have no idea if i am. My apologies if i am not, or if i have broken any rules.

welcome and great first post!

Nurmi: "Somebody was not going to make it out alive. It was either Travis or Judy".

WHAT??? This guy is as bad as his client! Unbelieveable!!!

Oh, please tell me Nurmi said "Judy".

YES PREMEDITATED-
Slash to throat, she knew it would be a fatal slashing, she had time to think, she thought and said "this will surely kill him" then almost decapitated him, there is absolute premeditation!! MOO

I posted this at the tail end of the last thread, didn't see there was a new one.

Sorry if this has been hashed out already but I'm having a hard time keeping up! So I have a hot date tonight, he's picking me up at 6:30 (4:30 AZ time). Will court be over by then? I really don't want to miss Juan!

And yes, I realize how pathetic this sounds....:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member