Closing arguments- thread #176

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a tuff day peeps. The closing argument by the defense is not going to sit well with many people. Please remember:

Do NOT call names or otherwise bash the defense team.

NO OFF COLOR OR SEXUAL JOKES PLEASE- which would include sexual innuendo using the word '*advertiser censored*' and restroom humor

if you have a problem with a post use the ALERT BUTTON (do not respond)

***Also, please limit the photos posted on the court thread to photos FROM the courtroom. Please try to make them a thumbnail if possible and not full size.

We have all made it this far and we're very near the end. Don't jeopardize your posting privileges even for 24 hours at this late date.

TIA for your cooperation
fran

All Juan has to do when he gets his last crack at closing is to show Jodi saying she took the gas cans back to the same store.
Show the pictures with the dog where her hair is quite blond, then show the picture from the heilo phone where her hair is way darker.
The gun was loaded, the gun was not loaded, the gun was in a holster, the gun was not in a holster etc.
Those are her own words.
Numri must think the jurors don't remember anything.
Maybe Jodi wrote his closing arguments for him--cue the attempts at fake crying, boo hooo boo hooo

The lady in front of me at the checkout today was getting eggs, sausage links, and buttermilk (for pancakes). I said, "That looks like breakfast." She said, "It's going to be our dinner tonight. My kids would rather eat this than carryout." Sounds like a winner dinner to me :)

OH good idea!

Eggcelent idea :giggle:

Did anyone hear Jean C.on HLN saying something about the male jurors being on Nurmi side (defense). Anyone? moo

I heard it I just posted on Inside Court thread to see if KCL and the ladies heard JC on tv...

JA reminds me so much of an addict. I was one for 15 years (before I had a child) and I can spot a liar from a mile away.

Addicts manipulate, use people, threaten suicide, steal and LIE!

I don't like admitting this.....but she is JUST like that.

I was thinking the same thing recently. The self-absorption, the lies, the grandiosity...

She didn't say they were on his side, she said they were attentive while he was talking about the premeditation, but all the observers said the same thing yesterday when Juan was doing his closing. I don't think it means anything other than they're taking their job seriously, as they should. Besides that, Jean C has always been favorable toward the defense unless she is talking with Nancy Grace. :twocents:

Ugh! I tell you what if she was across the street doing live commentary.....I wouldn't walk over there. That woman gets on my LAST nerve.

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker (a few years), recently made it official and joined and this is my first time posting.
*waves to everyone*

I am very passionate about the trials that I follow and this one has affected me in a way I did not expect. I'm a little reluctant to share my thoughts on it, as I oddly feel the desire to keep them private.

Having said that, I just can't sit silently and not comment any longer. I have to say that if I were a juror in this trial, I would be highly offended and disgusted having to sit through this today. I don't want to break any site rules, so I will just say that it's insulting to my intelligence. Compared to JM's organized, thought provoking closing that was a straight path to Murder 1, KN's closing is like driving through a neighborhood full of cul de sac's on the way to the land of nowhere. I'm starting to get a headache from listening, and am gladly welcoming the commercials on HLN.

If I were on the jury, I would disregard all other testimony and just look at the autopsy photos and the crime scene photos. Those speak volumes to me. There was no need to slit his throat unless she wanted to kill him. Period. End of story. That is premeditated and shows a full effort was put forth to end this man's life. The stabbing and gunshot could be argued to be in self defense, but not the injury to the throat. The crime scene shows he was desperately, desperately trying to get away from her. As JM said yesterday, JA likes to add extra details to make her lies more believable. Those extra measures are what is going to convict her, IMHO. The level of overkill does not fit into self defense. There is absolutely no way to successfully justify slitting someone's throat.

My heart breaks for Travis Alexander's family and friends. I can not imagine what it must be like for them to have to sit through this.

From listening to the jury's questions, it shows they are listening and watching and are very intelligent. My hope is that they are unanimous. I am not sure if I could face her getting off the way CA did (pun not intended). It took me several months to get over the CA verdict (who am I kidding, I still get a pang of rage at the thought of it). I'm sure they are noticing that the defendant doodles, writes notes to JW and KN, smirks and rubs her nose raw. It would offend me if I were them. I expect if someone is on trial for their life, they would be more attentive and humble. Instead, this defendant would rather draw pictures to sell, write down witty quotes to have posted on twitter and/or figure the perfect way to structure a thought provoking sentence for her self indulgent manifesto. It's mind boggling that her DT never advised her to at least pretend she was interested. I think if/when she gets a guilty verdict, and some of the jury talk to the media, they will comment on her behavior and how it aided them in their decision.

I hope I post this right, I have no idea if I am. My apologies if I am not, or if I have broken any rules.

Great first post! Welcome Rhozwen...looking forward to hearing more from you!

:wagon:

I'd rather believe Katiecoolady and Beth than Jean...whatever her name is.

:seeya:

Sigh, I have to figure out what to make for dinner.

Ain't nobody got time fo 'dat.

AS i have done so many times lately.
microwave potatoes and sausage
or
get the rice cooker and dump some veggies in with the rice let er cook and done...
I use canned soup too
foreman grill?
Oh well..there is always KFC:seeya::twocents:

Sending my regards from Norway to the good people commenting here. I've been following this case for so many years now, and just love reading people's comments here. Not many people here cares about this case so this gives me a sence of community and being a part of something. I will continue reading and commenting from time to time. It's late in the evening here and I'm leaving soon and am going to be working the nightshift 3 nights in a row. I'm bringing my ipad and will be trying to keep up with what's going on regarding the closing arguments. Needless to say I loved yesterday, not loving it as much today.
So I just wanted to say thank you all for your comments. You rock! Justice for Travis!

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker (a few years), recently made it official and joined and this is my first time posting.
*waves to everyone*

I am very passionate about the trials that I follow and this one has affected me in a way I did not expect. I'm a little reluctant to share my thoughts on it, as I oddly feel the desire to keep them private.

Having said that, I just can't sit silently and not comment any longer. I have to say that if I were a juror in this trial, I would be highly offended and disgusted having to sit through this today. I don't want to break any site rules, so I will just say that it's insulting to my intelligence. Compared to JM's organized, thought provoking closing that was a straight path to Murder 1, KN's closing is like driving through a neighborhood full of cul de sac's on the way to the land of nowhere. I'm starting to get a headache from listening, and am gladly welcoming the commercials on HLN.

If I were on the jury, I would disregard all other testimony and just look at the autopsy photos and the crime scene photos. Those speak volumes to me. There was no need to slit his throat unless she wanted to kill him. Period. End of story. That is premeditated and shows a full effort was put forth to end this man's life. The stabbing and gunshot could be argued to be in self defense, but not the injury to the throat. The crime scene shows he was desperately, desperately trying to get away from her. As JM said yesterday, JA likes to add extra details to make her lies more believable. Those extra measures are what is going to convict her, IMHO. The level of overkill does not fit into self defense. There is absolutely no way to successfully justify slitting someone's throat.

My heart breaks for Travis Alexander's family and friends. I can not imagine what it must be like for them to have to sit through this.

From listening to the jury's questions, it shows they are listening and watching and are very intelligent. My hope is that they are unanimous. I am not sure if I could face her getting off the way CA did (pun not intended). It took me several months to get over the CA verdict (who am I kidding, I still get a pang of rage at the thought of it). I'm sure they are noticing that the defendant doodles, writes notes to JW and KN, smirks and rubs her nose raw. It would offend me if I were them. I expect if someone is on trial for their life, they would be more attentive and humble. Instead, this defendant would rather draw pictures to sell, write down witty quotes to have posted on twitter and/or figure the perfect way to structure a thought provoking sentence for her self indulgent manifesto. It's mind boggling that her DT never advised her to at least pretend she was interested. I think if/when she gets a guilty verdict, and some of the jury talk to the media, they will comment on her behavior and how it aided them in their decision.

I hope I post this right, I have no idea if I am. My apologies if I am not, or if I have broken any rules.

Welcome and GREAT post!

Now more than ever I hope Juan finishes up with...

If I killed Travis, I'd BEG for the death penalty :jail:

OK...now since we are really AT THAT TIME...

Do we know - for sure I guess - what happens next?

Is it up to the jurors? Is there in fact a place where they can deliberate this weekend?

I don't know the answer, but it would have to be someplace in the courthouse and there would have to be court officers (judge? attorneys?) available in case they wanted to review testimony or see any exhibits.

Hi everyone,

*waves to everyone*

Great first post and welcome--You are very right I must say

Jean C. reporting that men on the jury were taking lots of notes during Nurmi's attempts to discredit pre-meditation by stating that JA had so MANY opportunities to kill Travis after she arrived. Not many women jurors taking notes.

I hope these jurors realize that the roommates were home off and on until 4:00 p.m. How could she shoot him??? She had to wait until late afternoon....and that she did!

She knew she had to be in Utah so what prevented her from leaving. Why did she hang around until 5:30 when she could have been on the road at 2pm? She was stalling. Obviously waiting for something. Perhaps for him to get into the shower because he didn't do so when she arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876