Closing arguments- thread #176

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omgawd!!!!!! She was tied with a carpet fiber????
Wtf

Omg is a tassel from a cushion FGS

And...JA mentioned this "tassel" in her first phone call with Detective Flores!! Travis had a pillow with tassels on it..on the chair, in the bedroom...according to JA!!!! Never found by LE.

I am SO %&)@@%%_$_ right now!! :stormingmad:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Every time he shows me that looped piece of carpet that had come up I have to laugh. Our brand new carpet is doing the exact same thing. It's looped carpet. Some of it comes up.

It can also be from a rug. When and where on the planet does ROPE have complete loops? Nurmi didn't bring ANY into the court room to prove.

Say it is rope, Trav did an amazing job getting it to match his carpet PERFECTLY. NO, that does not make any sense Nurmi.

It was chaotic Nurmi because Travis was fighting for his damn life!!!!!!!!

If I ever hear the phrase, "makes sense - right?" I'm going to be getting me a gun.

The bullet casing: he lies and says State is arguing that the bullet casing is IN blood, not ON blood. Things were being kicked around etc.

It was NOT IN blood. He LIES.

Here is Nurmi's closing

Don't believe your lying eyes
Don't believe your lying ears

It is all about SEX and JA is the victim.

Nobody is falling for that.

Yes, never mentioned. Forgot about that, good point.

It's always good lawyering to put up graphic crime scene photos when you are defending a client accused of murder.

Remind the jury how the victim left a trail down the hall and then had his throat slit and bled out. Great idea. The state thanks you.

LOL...no the juror's wife. :floorlaugh:

I'm sure that Nurmi's wife would be turning 50 shades of red by now :blushing: and slinking down into her seat hoping that the floor beneath her will open magically and swallow her. :D

Is he really going to even touch on the crime scene and all the blood??????? Why is he even touching this????

same reason he touched the gas cans and all the OTHER things that make his client guilty.

my fave was showing them the pictures of her blonde and saying it's not blonde. i guess the jurors all need to see JA's eye doctor.

While I definitely feel for the family having to endure this victim bashing, in terms of the case alone, I think this is the most helpful closing ever. So far, Nurmi has attempted to litigate laundry, phone sex, dating rituals, stalking, and countless other irrelevant details including, just now, organized shovels. He has tried to do so in a most persuasive manner. What he has not done, however, is show the prosecution did not prove premeditated murder.

If I go with Nurmi, I believe Travis was:

1. Occasionally rough and bad mannered;
2. Not a good mormon;
3. A cheating lying boyfriend;
4. A liar to his friends and family.

Even if ALL of those things were true (not!), it STILL doesn't show self defense or negate the state's case. Go ahead, call Travis ALL of those things. Hang his reputation in your last stand. Go down in a blaze of glory fighting the whole way. REGARDLESS, it does NOT meet the jury instructions for self defense and does NOT negate the state's case.

Proceed on Nurmi. Convict him of being a pedophile. Even if that were true, in this country, we don't stab pedophiles 29 times and shoot them. Even then, your client would be guilty. Throw the mud all you want. Take up the entire 5 hours and it will still do nothing to the truth. The truth is still the truth. And, your truth, so far, has been completely irrelevant - only red herrings meant to suggest Travis doesn't deserve justice. It won't work. It can't work. Because even as we have seen, even people as evil as your client are entitled to $2 million in justice. Surely, even naked, brutalized Travis deserves the same.

The light of truth - is here. Juan is bringing it.

Nurmi you will never have a job with books on tape...sorry. Your voice just makes me :countsheep:

I can not wait for JM to get back up and bring this back home. I hate listening to Nurmi trying to spin the evidence.

It could have been color-safe bleach...we don't know...I have used color safe bleach before that made the same kind of marks that was on towel on my husband's underwear....looked exactly the same as those marks. So maybe there was no regular bleach, so she just went with whatever was there which was prob color-safe bleach.

Seriously, he's talking about bleach?!?

I keep thinking this jury must be incredibly angry right now, about everything they've endured, and the fact that this case actually went to trial.

If they are anywhere near as angry as I am with this DT closing...then by Monday morning we should have the verdict.:stormingmad::stormingmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm