Closing arguments- thread #177

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Offered to plead to second degree or she'd trash Travis in the trial. She would get credit for time served whether convicted of second degree or manslaughter. Scary isn't it?

and of course the jury don't know this. Nor do they know about the forged pedophile letters and a bunch other things....all too prejudicial....make no sense to me at all. I think the court should be a place of TRUTH not hiding things that are true.

I'm a bit disappointed that JM didn't put out there in closing that in all this planning and premeditating...that Jodi brought 2 weapons for the very fact that she wanted to stage the scene to make it look like 2 perpetrators. I think the fact that she had the ninja story fairly quickly, and after she realized she was not going to walk right out, shows that she had that in her back pocket. In Jodi's mind...All the injuries and the 2 weapons had to mean that it couldn't have possibly been 1 woman... *gag*

I see the opposite. 1st degree or hung. I come to that conclusion by listening to all the jurors questions over the course of the trial. I definitely see at least one juror who would never bend and accept anything but 1st.

I know this.........no matter what Arias is not going to get out and go home.

I think there are quite a few of them that wouldn't settle for anything less than first degree.

I know I sure wouldn't compromise in this case. Its just too serious of a case to do a compromised verdict, imo.

imo

Not even a day. :(
The life of a child should have mattered more.

I will never recover totally from that verdict! It's sad that so many recent DTs have tried to paint someone other than the guilty party as sexual deviants without any proof - CA, Mary Winkler, to name a couple.

That's why whenever this DT objected "not in evidence", I wanted to reach out and touch them! They never offered evidence, just the defendant's lies.

I agree with what she told Flores, but you are mischaracterizing what she said to Juan on the stand. Go watch the video Pink Panther posted, ad then you can admit you were wrong about JM mischaracterizing her testimony.

I already have and I stand by what I said. It can only be inferred from her answer - "that's the only visible injury" - that she sustained the injury while STABBING Travis. She did not directly state that. The finger could have been damaged by other mean during the killing. Regardless, she did not state, "I sustained the injury while stabbing Travis". She said it was the only visible injury of hers that came from the killing of Travis.

Have you already discussed what they said on hln a few minutes ago, Juan had a death penalty case that deliberated and reached a verdict in 15 minutes?

I know the jury is going home, but hopefully that will show how quickly it could be next week.

JMHO
fran

I hear them talking on HLN about KN's comment about 9 out of 10 days he doesn't even like JA. I think he did that on purpose to give her grounds for an appeal "see my lawyer didn't properly represent me"...

Didn't Geragos say Scott Peterson was a jerk? It's something defense attys. do sometimes.

Because you have to know that by now we've all had our Lifestyle Lifts and are beautiful people. Plus, we have all watered our lawns with our Pocket Hoses and have manicured lawns. :floorlaugh:

And WaxVac. Don't forget that one!

HLN reporting the jury is going home for tonight ...

I was hoping and :please: for a verdict tonight ...

It's going to be another longgggggggggggg weekend !

:please: Justice for Travis !

True, but a peaceful and relaxing weekend. No need to worry or be on pins and needles. Monday, however.... another story.

I'm going on a HLN/NG/JVM abstinence for the weekend. I need to seriously clear my brain of all this. See y'all MOnday.

Yes, we can infer that, but there was still no need for Juan to state it as a fact -- i.e that Jodi said she incurred the injury while stabbing Travis. She did not say that directly, just that her ring finger injury is the only visible injury from June 4th.

Most of closing arguments is making inferences from the evidence. He didn't do,anything wrong, that's a logical conclusion.

At least he didn't tell an outright lie like Nurmi did, by now claiming Jodi never said she returned the gas can to the Salinas Walmart when indeed she did.

Can you direct me to your post where you criticized Nurmi for that blatant lie?
I must have missed it.

Jury done for day
BK saying that Nurmi originally said he couldn't afford repping her so judge ordered he get paid county rate or something like that.

See I have heard over and over that he got paid his private practice rate because of the cases he wouldn't be able to take due to this trial. Hmm

Wasn't manslaughter what Jodi originally put on the table years ago? Then time served? Bet this was at JA's insistence.
If you go way back in the court Minute Entries when that was being acted on, DT also said JA would NOT admit remorse since she was claiming self defense.... why you never heard SORRY.

I'm a bit disappointed that JM didn't put out there in closing that in all this planning and premeditating...that Jodi brought 2 weapons for the very fact that she wanted to stage the scene to make it look like 2 perpetrators. I think the fact that she had the ninja story fairly quickly, and after she realized she was not going to walk right out, shows that she had that in her back pocket. In Jodi's mind...All the injuries and the 2 weapons had to mean that it couldn't have possibly been 1 woman... *gag*

It may be your story, but it wasn't his. His was just as convincing, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member