CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Tues 09/04/2012)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always believed that myself. Hope there are some Dog owners on the Jury. Kinda goes against DP. It wasn't some random killer on the loose who got in the House without breaking in and killed Kathleen. No rape. No robbery. Nope just some random killer on a rampage:crazy: I'm actually surprised DP didn't frame Stacy for it.

BBM. He might have if Christopher Vaughn hadn't already taken that defense. Chris beat him to it by a few months.

In Session “Drew said he wouldn’t kill the mother of his children. He loves his children more than he hates his ex-wife. Kristin Anderson, she was just dying to testify, wasn’t she? She couldn’t wait to get on that stand . . . she never saw Drew in the house. She was so close to Kathy she didn’t’ even go to her funeral, because she was too busy. She was so close to Kathy she didn’t even know that Kathy got divorced when she was living with Kathy, in October of 2002. She didn’t even know that Kathy was divorced.”

In Session “All the ISP [Illinois State Police] reports are inaccurate? It’s all a big conspiracy to help Sgt. Peterson? When something like this happens, all the rats come out of the wood pile and start spewing vermin.”

Something just dawned on me! LE has rotation calls on wrecker companies for towing vehicles, AND they also have locksmiths that rotate the calls. This is done so as not to show favoritism to any one company. This I know as a fact. THAT, IMO, is why he called the locksmith he wanted to be there. DP knew this locksmith and wanted this particular one there for some reason. Even though LE used this locksmith, DP had no idea who was next up. I guess DP was the one stuck with the bill because it was a personal call to him, not a department call. Had this been an official wellness check by LE, the dispatcher would have called the locksmith next up on the list. DP orchestrated this whole thing, IMO. This locksmith was not disfavorable (is that a word?) to DP. Quite the contrary.

This has not played into the trial; I don't even know why I brought it up other than DP even controlled which locksmith was called.

JMO

Sorry but i found that hysterical. Drew wouldn't enter the House as he legally couldn't :floorlaugh:

And there must be something in there the divorce judge gave him an ok to call a locksmith whenever necessary.

I think the DT is making a huge mistake carrying on about why Drew did not enter the house.

Wow, former Judge White on IS thinks there will be a verdict by 9:30 tonight. He also said that if they don't, they will probably be sequestered.

Edited to add, I will be glued here and to twitter all night. *trying not to be nervous*

I know! Legally you can't murder anyone, either. Yeesh, bad move on Lopez' part to use that statement.

Ya, and Drew is such a boy scout. Nope, No bad cops anywhere, just like there are no such thing as jury trials outside of the US.

I'll have to say the DT's closing is entertaining, but not in they way they intended.

Lopez: "Who cares what Schori says?" Did he really ask that question? Wasn't his team that was trying to do all that they could to not have him testify?

Why would they want that if Schori is not credible and why in the world would Schori make it up?

Taking grasping at straws to a new level.

Wow, former Judge White on IS thinks there will be a verdict by 9:30 tonight. He also said that if they don't, they will probably be sequestered.

Edited to add, I will be glued here and to twitter all night. *trying not to be nervous*

Won't they be sequestered during deliberation? Not sure I understand what he saying. If he predicts a verdict by 9:30, the jury would have been sequestered? :waitasec:

In Session The sidebar ends. “She [Stacy] started a rumor campaign . . . she knew it was an accident, she knew it was investigated. What does she want to do with this information? She told him [Schori] that he [Drew] killed his own men in the Army. Really? Does Oliver North know that? He killed his own men in the Army! That’s ridiculous. That’s as ridiculous as saying that Drew killed Kathy, because it’s an accident. She’s lying, and he [Schori] knows that. And Harry Smith, remember him testifying? He thought it was a joke, because he knows it was an accident, and he can’t believe the State is prosecuting it! Objection/Sustained. “He’s laughing, laughing . . . laughing at the State’s case. Just laughing.”

I think this jury will sit on it over night ala Casey Anthony case. Even lets say they take an initial vote and lets say that vote is Guilty. They would want an appearance that they are taking a careful look and considering everything. Not only that the Juror's probably will say lets all sleep on our verdict and take the final vote in the morning.

This is a Jury that wore color coordinated clothing therefore, this is why I based my opinion above. MOO :moo::moo::moo:

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked by a quick verdict. As much as I hate it, I do think he'll be acquitted. I hope not though.

Mr. Lopez now ridicules the testimony of police officer James Coughlin. “We know in February this case was up only one time. This case was continued to 4/6/03, which is April. Coughlin says he remembers it because he looked at his calendar . . . well, you know what? It never happened. Here’s a court order that shows it. And Susan McCauley, at the bowling alley . . . who knows what was really said over there? And what different does it make? It’s an accident. Jeffrey Pachter, the sex fiend, deadbeat gambler . . . his story is nonsense, and he knows it. Nothing backs him up. It’s ridiculous to think that a police officer would recruit this guy to kill his wife when he sees him every day at work when nobody’s around? He can’t even pay his taxes, like the rest of us! He cheats his bookie, too, cheats Uncle Sam, cheats the urine test, cheats the employer. Nothing backs up his story, not one thing . . . [he] made it up. Is that the kind of testimony you can rely on beyond a reasonable doubt? We say no. Neil Schori, at Starbucks, brings a chaperone with him . . . something’s going on that nobody’s telling us about.” Objection/Sustained. “He didn’t take any notes; Stacy started a rumor campaign hoping something would happen. And when Schori wouldn’t do anything about it, she went to Smith. And he didn’t do anything. Nobody did anything about it, because they knew she was lying, because she wanted a divorce.” Objection. The State asks for a sidebar.

And there must be something in there the divorce judge gave him an ok to call a locksmith whenever necessary.

I think the DT is making a huge mistake carrying on about why Drew did not enter the house.

Exactly. Like he is some stellar guy. I dont mind having affairs. I dont mind bringing my teenage girlfriend in the Marital Home while Family is asleep upstairs. But heck No i would never enter the home :rolleyes:

Those last two are reversed.......if someone else would like to take over that is fine.....my computer has sputtered on me and WS won't let me post as quickly as I need to.......but I will continue if you like. It is my pleasure

Wow, I believe the defense just opened a big door in their closing...The PT better call a side bar asap on the last statement

Ya, and Drew is such a boy scout. Nope, No bad cops anywhere, just like there are no such thing as jury trials outside of the US.

I'll have to say the DT's closing is entertaining, but not in they way they intended.

Epic Failure. I truly expected them to go out with a Bang. With what they had to work with that is.

n Session “Stacy wanted to squeeze money out of Drew by spreading a rumor, or a campaign of rumors . . . when that all failed, she came up with, ‘Oh, I’ve got something on the Bolingbrook Police Department.’ Campaign of rumors, campaign of lies. Let’s twist it to make it a homicide. We don’t do that in America . . . put someone in a target and do everything they can to get him. You don’t have to like him. You can hate him. You have to like America . . . the Framers of the Constitution would barf at this evidence! There’s nothing but doubt in this case. Mary Parks completely contradicts Kristin Anderson . . . people get on the TV and lie, just like they do in this courtroom . . . people lie when it’s for their own agenda . . . it doesn’t matter what was said to poor Rev. Schori, who had to bring a chaperone . . . because if it’s not a homicide, it doesn’t matter . . .we suggest to you that it’s not credible.”

prosecutor Koch now explaining to jury why state thinks its circumstantial evidence is reliable.

Koch now reviewing testimony from Savio neighbors, friends.

Defense has objected 3 times during Koch's testimony - each time overruled, Judge says jury has heard all testimony, evidence. :denied: :denied: :denied:

Why do I keep hearing Jean C on IS say there were no objections during the PT closing this morning?????

Mr. Lopez now ridicules the testimony of police officer James Coughlin. “We know in February this case was up only one time. This case was continued to 4/6/03, which is April. Coughlin says he remembers it because he looked at his calendar . . . well, you know what? It never happened. Here’s a court order that shows it. And Susan McCauley, at the bowling alley . . . who knows what was really said over there? And what different does it make? It’s an accident. Jeffrey Pachter, the sex fiend, deadbeat gambler . . . his story is nonsense, and he knows it. Nothing backs him up. It’s ridiculous to think that a police officer would recruit this guy to kill his wife when he sees him every day at work when nobody’s around? He can’t even pay his taxes, like the rest of us! He cheats his bookie, too, cheats Uncle Sam, cheats the urine test, cheats the employer. Nothing backs up his story, not one thing . . . [he] made it up. Is that the kind of testimony you can rely on beyond a reasonable doubt? We say no. Neil Schori, at Starbucks, brings a chaperone with him . . . something’s going on that nobody’s telling us about.” Objection/Sustained. “He didn’t take any notes; Stacy started a rumor campaign hoping something would happen. And when Schori wouldn’t do anything about it, she went to Smith. And he didn’t do anything. Nobody did anything about it, because they knew she was lying, because she wanted a divorce.” Objection. The State asks for a sidebar.
They better watch out making it look like a huge conspiracy against DP.
I don't think the jury will buy it. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member