CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Tues 09/04/2012)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight the jury will have a chance to think over what they have heard today and put it together with they evidence they have seen over these past weeks. Give them a chance to solidify their opinion before they start to deliberate.

Anyone want to guess how DrewP will sleep tonight in solitary? He heard the prosecution closing too. How much second guessing will he be doing? "Yeah I guess I should have called somebody before I called the locksmith. And why didn't I pull my gun when I heard the scream?"

Yes perhaps best to start fairly fresh tomorrow. It was a long day for them and a late lunch. I imagine DP blaming his "Team" in his mind. Or he is going over his mistakes as you say. In case he walks and gets a chance at a do over.

Bold mine.

One thing you may be forgetting, though...

At DP's own home, he can manipulate Stacy to say whatever he wants her to say, and that is exactly what he did. If he tries to get rid of the clothes anywhere else, he runs the chance that someone could see him do that...someone he cannot control like he can control Stacy...plus a wife cannot testify against her husband.

I could maybe see him considering throwing hers away, but if his clothes are his official SWAT uniform, I wouldn't think he could just toss that -- IDK how that works with LEOs or the BPD.

I feel the same. Exactly don't do the crime especially if your in LE. And especially if your a bad cop you should be put in w/ all the other criminals, no excuse except your scared spitless what those other bad guys are gonna do to you. I think this thinking enables the bad cop to continue. They know there is ALWAYS another bad guy willing to help ease their time. imo

Can I petition to have drew serve his time in a women's prison?? well that's no good either, there is always a woman wanting to hook up w/ the bad guy, no matter how smarmy they are. I don't get it cause that kind of guy makes my skin crawl. mho

Oh, TobyWong, I agree. DP won't be so brave in prison without his gun and badge to hide behind. Besides, he only does violence and murder to females. No courage when it comes to someone his own size.

NO, to doing time in a women's prison because of just what you stated. There is always some woman thinking she must have a man, any man. He would not go without 'companionship', IMO.

He will remarry in prison if he goes to prison; just wait and see. He will find some young, naive girl/woman as a penpal and it will go from there. DP will always be doing something outrageous even in prison to attempt to get attention. I do hope that if DP is found guilty, everyone will just ignore him. He doesn't deserve attention.

So! Prayers for justice in this case! Over and out!

See you all back here tomorrow for instructions and verdict watch.
I am having a really hard time separating my dislike for this man and being objective based upon what was said in court. AND, a big AND, it was really hard to get a feel for some of the testimony when only a few sentences of each person were tweeted. I feel he is guilty, but I can't say from what I have seen in the trial that he will be convicted. I keep trying to put someone else in his place and see how I would feel about the case then. Tough one. Thanks to all of you posting the tweets and InSession posts. I am still glad that I didn't get to watch.
Good night.

I keep thinking i need to stock up on provisions. For the Verdict. I'm just not sure what. Gravol? Pepto? Imodium? Liquor? Kleenex? Muzzle for screams? Hand restraints? Champagne for a toast? I know with the last verdict i didn't need anything. I walked around for days like somebody hit me with a 2 by 4. Took me a week to cry. Best i cover all bases.

My vote Stock up on champagne. It better be a champagne moment......

I'm obviously way behind again. BBM. Really, Lopez is digging himself in deeper and deeper. Of course Kathleens family would invite her childrens father..

The Savio's wanted to show support for Kathleen's sons loss. For Lopez to suggest such is preposterous shows he really hasn't a clue. Maybe the DT is gutter diving. IDK, but the comments coming from Lopez are really bottom diving.

What more does he want She asked him if he killed her sister. That family is very intimidated by Drew Peterson I think alot of people fear him.

Do you believe Bin Laden is dead?

Ha ha! This made me lol literaly.

Ok, I am still pages behind but have to run out again. hoping to be caught up reading before court starts in the am.

Glad to know I'm not having to run out while we're on verdict watch.

bbl tonight!

*Lera213, do you have a permit for that gun you are holding in your avatar? Want to attend anger management classes with me? I'll drive.

:innocent:

Well, thanks for that chortle, LaLaw -- I almost spit my coke on your wonderful post!! I needed it, so obviously I, for one, do NOT need anger management classes, dayammit. :banghead:
icon8.gif
:maddening::banghead:
icon8.gif
Wouldn't you agree???

icon10.gif
As for Lera, I thinks she's holding a smile in that sig sauer of hers
icon10.gif
!

I just would like to know what the young ones on the jury are thinking. And mostly the Boy who is from Bolingbrook schools who recognized Nick Ponterellie.

I think we will either wind up with a guilty verdict or a hung jury. If this jury finds DP not guilty, I am going to throw my computer out the door and check into the nursing home.

:moo:

Do you want me to drive????
icon10.gif
Ya think I should go ahead & reserve our room now?

I still think DP will walk.

I don't think I would be able to find someone guilty based on hearsay.

So if the jury comes back with a not guilty verdict, I will not be mad.

going by the law, I would have to find him not guilty.

JMO

Do you believe Bin Laden is dead?

As always thanks to the usual crew who's been updating us all with the InSession transcripts.

I don't even know what to say at this point. I know I want him to be found guilty so bad, but I think I'm just preparing myself for it to not happen.

As solid as the State's case was, and how Lopez was being his usual self, being from the Chicago land area I've seen a lot from that guy. Still not sure what to make of this.

While everything in the common sense dept connects things, unfortunately criminal justice system is just that geared to protect those who are criminals.

I hope the jury uses that common sense, but they really never put him physically at the scene. Some Jurors, or enough might not want to live with a guilty conscience of putting someone away based on other words.

Cautiously optimistic I guess, :shug:

See ya all tomorrow.

I'm glad I'm not on the jury. I firmly believe he is guilty. I do not believe Kathleen's death was an accident based on the injuries she sustained and the acrobatics and contortions she would have to have performed to land so neatly curved in the tub.

Having decided she was murdered, I have to consider the threats made to her by Drew. I believe the hearsay witnesses, the letter she wrote, and the police report she filed.

There's much more I could say, but you get the gist of my thinking.

I keep thinking of Scott Peterson and his guilty verdict. There was ONE of Laci's hairs on a pair of pliers on the boat. That was the sum and substance of physical (although circumstantial) evidence in the case. It was Scott's outrageous behavior that got him convicted.

ITA with you, C'Moon. And I hope the verdict is Guity as well.

For me, it's as you say. It's not gut-feeling, it's not a hunch, it's just plain LOGIC and common sense. Nothing else makes any sense. Why didn't DP just throw poor KS's body in the tub & have her all sprawled-out, arms & legs in all directions? Too big a hurry? A tiny grain of pity? <choke> He was so *advertiser censored*-sure of himself -- and he may pull it off...

:jail: P-p-p-please!

I have mostly read here, trusting you guys as my source of information. On the cusp of a verdict- I can't help but look at my almost five year old wondering where Stacy is- as she disappeared as I watched the news (and a lot of it) as I was learning how to be a mama to my newborn.

I can't imagine how much her own children must have changed.

I hope and pray the jurors come back with a quick verdict of GUILTY tomorrow. :rose:

IMO, this case is a no brainer and anyone with a lick of common sense will render the right verdict.

Thanks to all posting updates today. :blowkiss:

Judge B has sent the jury home saying he did not anticipate the closings going that long. He instructed the jury to be back in the morning for instructions.

sorry guys! I know how much you wanted this to go to deliberations today! Alert as soon as they are sent out tomorrow...

In Session The jurors are now back in the courtroom, and attorney Lopez continues his summation. “I told you something I forgot to follow up on. The reason Drew didn’t go into the house was because he wasn’t there on police business; he was following the divorce court order. On March 22, 2002 Kathy got exclusive possession of the marital home. His going in that house violated the court’s order! . . . this order was in effect until the property was distributed and there was a final decision. So that Monday when Drew was there, he was under a court order not to enter that house. Not because he knew that Kathy was upstairs in that bath tub, but because the court ordered him not to do it.”

I thought I was gonna fall out of my seat when I saw this! Wasn't this screaming 'MOTIVE' that the DT has tried so hard to keep out?! Beyond everything else that this revelation explained, "KATHLEEN GOT EXCLUSIVE POSSESSION OF THE MARITAL HOME" "until the property was distributed and there was a final decision"!!! This jury just has to be scratching their heads about some of the information coming in the most peculiar of circumstances! BTW, I sure wish I was as confident as so many of you! Admittedly, I have only caught up from the point the DT began their closing, & I thought the PT was great in their rebuttal, but did any of you hear the young man who spoke to IS ater the D's closing? He said the jury seemed somewhat 'entertained' by JB, laughed a few times, etc. It makes me extremely nervous! He did also add that they seemed a bit perturbed by some of their rude comments about witnesses too though. Just really anxious, & oddly, somewhat sad...hmmm, not sure why. Could be the way the slimeballs portrayed KS & SP??

I keep thinking i need to stock up on provisions. For the Verdict. I'm just not sure what. Gravol? Pepto? Imodium? Liquor? Kleenex? Muzzle for screams? Hand restraints? Champagne for a toast? I know with the last verdict i didn't need anything. I walked around for days like somebody hit me with a 2 by 4. Took me a week to cry. Best i cover all bases.

BBm: I vote for all of the above! I know what you mean about the last verdict. I don't look at trials the same way and never will again. A bit "gun shy" and still can not read anything about the case. I have champagne chilled.

This is the laziest judge I have ever seen! He takes every easy out he can. I hope I never have to follow another trial where he is the judge.

I will watch and follow any trial for Stacy, but surely Burmila won't be the judge!

I agree! He's certainly NOT my favorite judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove