CLUES: how to find Susan

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone have links/info as to locations of houses, possible campsites etc. I would like to look at some maps. I am sure someone has done this before...

After I watched the video posted earlier, the early video of Josh, when he says south, it appears to me he was about to also say east. So I'm thinking south east, and I think he said it twice, so subliminally I would think south east by south east. (Going south east, then having to turn again south east.) Thinking he most likely set fire, I would think rocky area, open, may now be grown with some brush, but rocky in 2009. That does not help much, just some thoughts. Which could also mean West since I think JP was incapable of telling the truth, as noted before. Lol.

instructions in emails before JP suicide, he gave 'detailed instructions about disconnecting electric' could it be instructions as to where Susan is?
Just a thought out of the box...........
some say it is where to find the money also...........

I woke up just now, at 4am, because I was thinking/dreaming about mines. We know that jp says one thing and does another; I think he said something about mines to throw people off.

Yeah, I'm thinking the mine was his first choice for hiding her body. But then that guy who met JP at a party told about JP bragging about hiding a body in a mine and.....I think JP went and moved the body since people now knew about the mines. Burns me up no one trailed this guy at these very important times.

Yeah, I'm thinking the mine was his first choice for hiding her body. But then that guy who met JP at a party told about JP bragging about hiding a body in a mine and.....I think JP went and moved the body since people now knew about the mines. Burns me up no one trailed this guy at these very important times.

I think he moved her also. He might have been concerned about evidence left in the snow too.

More rambling thoughts, JP did not like Susan going to church right? Was there a place that the church held events, open, park like, woods (since boys originally said woods) that he could do this at? I guess only church members would know, but something to think about.

If you right click the photo in the article, there are flowers with roots in the boys drawing for Mother's day.

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-i...-cox-powell-outraged-over-six-months-web-page

Theory:
JP poisoned her with sleeping pills (or something similar) in the pancakes and left the house hoping she would OD while they were gone. Instead she got up and vomited on the floor before collapsing there. I think he came home that night (Dec 6) at 8 ish while she was incapacitated and put her in the 'trunk' of the car, accidentally setting off the alarm doing it at 11:45. He cleaned up the floor, set the fans on it and got the boys in the car and drove out in the desert looking for a place to dispose of Susan's body. I believe a mine, given what he said would be a good choice to look for, however one within walking distance from a good road....that mini-van would get stuck if he tried to go too far and the rental car would be even worse. I think he left her body there, hidden and took the boys home, then drove back in the rental car to finish the job. There was a major snowstorm and it was very cold. He either forgot his gloves or they got too wet and in the process of trying to carry her (maybe in parts) to the mine (?) got windburn/frostbite on his hands.

I doubt he was near a campsite, why ask for trouble with witnesses?

He mentioned Pony Express Trail and I think I read the Moab trail (???). Those seem good starting points (if the mileage works out), then search for mines close to or near-ish the road.....

Utilities - Are there alternate sources of power nearby? Windmills, solar station, etc...?

The best thing that could happen that would help find her is for the WVPD to release all evidence in the case and let people study it.

instructions in emails before JP suicide, he gave 'detailed instructions about disconnecting electric' could it be instructions as to where Susan is?
Just a thought out of the box...........
some say it is where to find the money also...........

The detailed instructions about disconnecting electric made me think about a freezer maybe holding Susan's body somewhere where an electricity bill has to be paid to keep the freezer running.

Theory:
JP poisoned her with sleeping pills (or something similar) in the pancakes and left the house hoping she would OD while they were gone. Instead she got up and vomited on the floor before collapsing there. I think he came home that night (Dec 6) at 8 ish while she was incapacitated and put her in the 'trunk' of the car, accidentally setting off the alarm doing it at 11:45. He cleaned up the floor, set the fans on it and got the boys in the car and drove out in the desert looking for a place to dispose of Susan's body. I believe a mine, given what he said would be a good choice to look for, however one within walking distance from a good road....that mini-van would get stuck if he tried to go too far and the rental car would be even worse. I think he left her body there, hidden and took the boys home, then drove back in the rental car to finish the job. There was a major snowstorm and it was very cold. He either forgot his gloves or they got too wet and in the process of trying to carry her (maybe in parts) to the mine (?) got windburn/frostbite on his hands.

I doubt he was near a campsite, why ask for trouble with witnesses?

He mentioned Pony Express Trail and I think I read the Moab trail (???). Those seem good starting points (if the mileage works out), then search for mines close to or near-ish the road.....

The whole mine thing, IDK, since he said something about it to someone else. I'm wondering if he got lost in the snow storm, was driving around unable to see clearly especially if they were on dirt road covered in snow, confused, scared and yelling at the boys. Traveled northbound, returned southbound. Perhaps did not go as far as is thought, and was just taking roads in circles or something.

Have to agree with Dr. F, if the police have anything it would be a good time to release it, after they do whatever the plans are with SP.

The detailed instructions about disconnecting electric made me think about a freezer maybe holding Susan's body somewhere where an electricity bill has to be paid to keep the freezer running.

I also thought about that because he did buy plastic wrap, right?
It was cold the night of camping trip.
She may of been doped up, left to die, he or SP could of gotten her
and put her in a freezer.
Something is very ODD about a man about to die to care about his utilities.

The whole mine thing, IDK, since he said something about it to someone else. I'm wondering if he got lost in the snow storm, was driving around unable to see clearly especially if they were on dirt road covered in snow, confused, scared and yelling at the boys. Traveled northbound, returned southbound. Perhaps did not go as far as is thought, and was just taking roads in circles or something.

Have to agree with Dr. F, if the police have anything it would be a good time to release it, after they do whatever the plans are with SP.

ITA - give us something to work with!

I understand what you are saying about the driving around, but I'm basing my theory on the multiple different trips made in different vehicles. That to me says he had to go to wherever he stashed her body to finish the deal. Why else be so hot to rent a car and then put several hundred miles on it in a matter of days plus the lack of evidence found in the home?

ITA - give us something to work with!

I understand what you are saying about the driving around, but I'm basing my theory on the multiple different trips made in different vehicles. That to me says he had to go to wherever he stashed her body to finish the deal. Why else be so hot to rent a car and then put several hundred miles on it in a matter of days plus the lack of evidence found in the home?

Yeah, it's obvious he went back, which suggests he moved or burned then.

*This is complete speculation and brainstorming*

I have not read through all the details but have tried to keep up. Have the whereabouts of SP been verified for those few days of "camping". I think knowing his whereabout would help tremendously especially since he has been named a POI
That said..
* IMO*what if SP met JP somewhere in the desert and she wasnt disposed of at that time. Maybe SP she was drugged as someone earlier said. I wont say my entire thoughts but I cant help but to believe that SP's pics doent somehow play into this whole senerio*

BBM. You asked the exact questions I was wondering if Steven is SP. Did they check SP's cell phone records? How many miles is the half point from WA to UT?

I do feel like he used a hatchet on Susan after knowing what we know now.

Does anyone know anything about JP hanging pictures of Susan up everywhere in the living room the boys were found in? If so, was this his way of "making her see what he was doing"?

He was one evil SOB and I don't think the apple falls from the tree. I hope someone beats (preferably a huge inmate) thet truth out of SP.

I thought it could not get any worse than CA, and then this happens.

RIP Susan, Charlie and Braden.

I was just quoting what I had seen, then I found the older news article that is linked in this thread, that says around 200 or however it is phrased. So it was not 1000. However, I'm not sure all the news articles say the same amount, I didn't get that far in looking around.

It is another little detail to note, he killed everyone on a Sunday. Don't know if that means anything to anyone but him, but it is a common factor, which means you guys may be right in that he did to her what he did to the boys.

Wow! Good thinking about Sunday being the day he planned to kill both times!

BBM
I also thought about that because he did buy plastic wrap, right?
It was cold the night of camping trip.
She may of been doped up, left to die, he or SP could of gotten her
and put her in a freezer.
Something is very ODD about a man about to die to care about his utilities.

I'd like to see what exactly those utility instructions were to see if there's some kind of clue in them...

The weather would have precluded taking RT 6E over Soldier Summit, that would eliminate a SE trajectory.

Going South it would be Redwood Rd., I-15, 215, Bangerter Hwy or any of the back roads from the house at Sarah Circle. These side roads would be S and the number, ex. S4500, they would run E&W. Side roads would also be prefaced with W and would run N&S.

Going East would be, again, Rt. 6E, 215, or I-80E, which would take him through Parley's, there are traffic cameras on I-80, he would have been seen there. Parley's is well traveled and is bad in inclement weather. The side roads there would be prefaced with E and would run N&S.

Going North would, again, be I-15, 215, Redwood Rd. or any of the side roads from the house. I-15 has traffic cameras, as well. Side roads would be prefaced with S and after Temple St would be prefaced with N, ex. S500 or N500. They would run E&W.

Going West would be 3500S as an access road, I-80, 215 or Rt. 6E, through Eureka and further into the desert. Traqffic cameras on 215, 15 and 80. These side roads would be S and the number, ex. S4500, they would run E&W. Side roads would also be prefaced with W and would run N&S.

The entire Salt Lake City Valley is bordered on the E by the Wasatch and Uintahs and bordered on the W by the Oquirrhs. In weather like that night it is difficult to pass over the mountains on the East side. The west side, immediate access is I-80 which is seldom closed. We have driven there often in inclement weather and it is slow going on 80. The other option is RT. 6 which climbs in elevation and is not well lit.

This is off the top of my head; as I can I will add more. I know there are links to the specific weather that night, I am working and don't have the time to find them right now.

Just looked at a few different sites for weather descriptions. I looked for Dec 5, 6, 7, 8
It looks like the high for Salt Lake City was around 25 degrees. There was light snow on the ground that was reported to be melting in the daytime. Somewhere around end of the 7th beginning of 8th it snowed an additional 2 inches.
So my conclusion would be that traveling at night (the 6th), icy roads, partial moon (if sky was clear there was a 3/4 full moon) I would guess he would stay on paved/well maintained roads.

Also, many campsites and national forest roads in the area are closed in the winter. I would guess that he wouldn't want to draw undue attention by breaking through the barriers to go on these roads.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves
Back