CO - Civil Rape Trial of Kobe Bryant (Charges Dropped)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
peggy said:
(Oh, one thing I feel "pretty sure" about is Vanessa will soon depart, more quickly if he is convicted. Either way she will go away with a truckload of money--he should have taken prior advice to get a pre-nup agreement)

I agree. She is on her way out. I heard on the radio a couple of weeks ago that she was seen leaving the office of a very prominent divorce attorney. I don't blame her. While I happen to think he did not rape the AV, either way he cheated on his wife. And infidelity is not something I personally would tolerate. :snooty:

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBB8QFT6WD.html

Citing Kobe Bryant's right to a fair trial as well as privacy concerns for his alleged victim, the judge in the NBA star's sexual assault case urged the Colorado Supreme Court on Friday to back up his order barring the news media from publishing details from a closed-door hearing.
"While it is true that the (news media's) First Amendment freedoms are extraordinarily powerful, they must not be permitted to overcome these most fundamental of personal rights," District Judge Terry Ruckriegle's attorneys wrote in the court filing.

The high court had asked Ruckriegle to justify his threat to hold media organizations in contempt if they publish details from a transcript accidentally sent to seven media organizations last week.

The transcripts deal with attempts by Bryant's attorneys to introduce information about the accuser's sex life and about money she has received under a state victims' compensation program.

Kobe Bryant accuser hires Ramsey attorney
Thursday, July 8, 2004

(CNN) -- Citing intense media interest, the woman who has accused NBA star Kobe Bryant of sexually assaulting her has hired the attorney who represented the parents of slain child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey.

The 20-year-old woman hired Atlanta attorney Lin Wood to "address growing concerns regarding media coverage," her current attorney John Clune said Thursday.

Wood has represented John and Patsy Ramsey, parents of JonBenet Ramsey, and Richard Jewell, the security guard who was initially suspected in a bombing in Atlanta during the 1996 Olympic Games.

Clune said Wood has been retained to address the alleged victim's privacy rights and potential civil litigation related to privacy and media coverage.

The sexual assault case is scheduled to go to trial August 27 in Eagle, Colorado.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/07/08/bryant.case.accuser/index.html

Just when I thought Lin Wood was going to disappear. I suppose he needs a new cash cow though, because it doesn't look like Gary Condit is going to get a lot of money. I also think the Ramsey "cash cow" status is just about dried up. I don't think FOX is going to have to pay them anything. With any luck FOX will fight the suit against them to the bitter end, and perhaps the truth about JB's murder will come out.

Well, I guess the NE and The Globe better get their checkbooks out. :doh:

Kind of sad the victim has to get a nationally known lawyer, even before the case has been tried.

vicktor said:
Kind of sad the victim has to get a nationally known lawyer, even before the case has been tried.

Well, she should have never made the comment that she was going to get $40 million(or whatever amount in the millions it was) out of Kobe, I guess. She needs a good shakedown artist to get that don't you think? Wonder if Lin is going to brag about the amount of money he is going to make off of her like he did with JBR?

The only reason she hired him is MONEY, not to protect her reputation.

great_tezi said:
Well, she should have never made the comment that she was going to get $40 million(or whatever amount in the millions it was) out of Kobe, I guess. She needs a good shakedown artist to get that don't you think? Wonder if Lin is going to brag about the amount of money he is going to make off of her like he did with JBR?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

THANK YOU TEZI!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blowkiss:

vicktor said:

Victim? What victim, did you mean Kobe? As far as I can tell he's the victim in this particular scenario. The irony is that the lawyers representing him in the criminal proceedings are from the same firm the Ramsey's first hired in Boulder.

Hey yourself Thor & Show! Nice to see you gals here.

Seeker said:
The irony is that the lawyers representing him in the criminal proceedings are from the same firm the Ramsey's first hired in Boulder.

Exactly. I predicted here that Wood would take on Kobe as a client. I had part of it right, anyway. :rolleyes:

great_tezi said:

The post was not aimed at Lin Wood and his tactics, but for the (accuser)victim. Could you quote the source of the statement about getting (many) millions? I've never heard anything about that. Wood was hired to address the intense media scrutiny, not file a civil suit against Bryant for damages. As reported in the Denver Post in June the girl's mother sent a letter to the presiding judge in the case asking for a speedy trial date. She said the girl was being subjected to harrassment and threats from the public and heavy media coverage.

vicktor said:
The post was not aimed at Lin Wood and his tactics, but for the (accuser)victim. Could you quote the source of the statement about getting (many) millions? I've never heard anything about that. Wood was hired to address the intense media scrutiny, not file a civil suit against Bryant for damages. As reported in the Denver Post in June the girl's mother sent a letter to the presiding judge in the case asking for a speedy trial date. She said the girl was being subjected to harrassment and threats from the public and heavy media coverage.

Maxim magazine published an article that had interviews w/ the AV's roommate(who could confirm one sucide attempt) as well as three other close friends.They stated that the AV was bragging about getting settlement money (she plans on buying herself and another friend breast implants with said money btw).

If you go to the Kobe thread (located in 'Trials') you will see where I posted the link to this article.

Anyone who hires Lin Wood,imo,is not "on the up and up" as hes NOT a reputable attorney nor does he have the reputation of being one-period.

DENVER - The attorney for the woman accusing NBA star Kobe Bryant of rape has asked a judge to stop posting court filings online, saying inadvertent leaks have put the woman's safety at risk

link

Thought L. Wood was now her lawyer?

peggy said:

DENVER - The attorney for the woman accusing NBA star Kobe Bryant of rape has asked a judge to stop posting court filings online, saying inadvertent leaks have put the woman's safety at risk

link

Thought L. Wood was now her lawyer?

Maybe Lin figured out shes a liar and there wont be a payday for him??
:confused:

One can only hope! :D

messiecake said:
Maybe Lin figured out shes a liar and there wont be a payday for him??
:confused:

One can only hope! :D

Just thinking, trial (Aug 27?) will be just about same time as republican convention, anyway trial won't be televised so guess it doesn't make much difference. Would really like to at least hear what accuser has to say on stand, and maybe Kobe? Jerry Buss is betting all his nickels (or millions) on Kobe being acquited - Shaq gone, new coach, etc - if he is convicted, or he decides to go to Clippers, poor Buss - who knows what a jury will do?

MysteryMomma said:
I wonder if this gal has really thought about what she will go through if Kobe is found innocent? She will be eaten alive, burned at the stake......

Kobe has some kick butt attorney's that will aggressively defend him.

If she is bipolar she could like the drama of this trial, the high from this may out weigh common sense. Jeez, how terrible this thing could get.

It is my opinion that she has already been eaten alive and burned at the stake... the victim has been on trial since she asked for help by going to the police.
Someone else made the point that "rape doesn't seem to be his nature but lying seems to be in hers". Personally I don't know why any woman comes forward to report that she has been a victim of a sexual crime because more often than not she has to defend her innocence.
Sophisticated womanizers and those who cross the line into rape know how to pick women who make perfect victims - those who drink, use drugs, have mental illness and other "credibility" issues.

I do have to say that I believe the prosecution has more than a he said/she said case or they probably wouldn't have filed the case.
Most of societies terrible crimes are commited in private with no witnesses.
Just my private rant!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5439749

'The judge in the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case on Wednesday barred evidence from a medical exam performed on the NBA star, saying investigators didn’t have the proper court order to take him to the hospital in the middle of the night."

Newswolf said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5439749

'The judge in the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case on Wednesday barred evidence from a medical exam performed on the NBA star, saying investigators didn’t have the proper court order to take him to the hospital in the middle of the night."

Yes, but judge did admit his interview and shirt with blood on it, didn't he - so win for both defense and pros

I hope it isn't allowed - actually thought there was CO law that prevented it anyway, rape shield? Either way he rules, expect appeals from one side.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier
Back