Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was this ever found out? An argument with a sibling seems odd to just up and leave about. Maybe it is cynicism, but the circumstances are so odd to me.
One of my little brothers had a "running" problem from a young age. He ran from school, home, etc. (my parents promptly made sure he couldn't run from home again, and he didn't succeed after that first time. And we got him within minutes, before he rounded the corner) Anyway, it's my understanding that when he struggled at school with understanding something, or felt ashamed, he would bolt. It was really scary. He's neurotypical, but there were a few scary years of this. I just thought I'd share a personal story.

One of my little brothers had a "running" problem from a young age. He ran from school, home, etc. (my parents promptly made sure he couldn't run from home again, and he didn't succeed after that first time. And we got him within minutes, before he rounded the corner) Anyway, it's my understanding that when he struggled at school with understanding something, or felt ashamed, he would bolt. It was really scary. He's neurotypical, but there were a few scary years of this. I just thought I'd share a personal story.
I can't imagine! I'm glad your brother was quickly found.

I'm sorry! I think I may have broken a rule (longtime reader, but just joined). Thanks for the reminder. Still praying for you, David!

I am a children's outpatient therapist. Many of the children I see are runners. Almost always, they run when they feel that they have been corrected harshly, have felt shamed or embarrassment, or due to conflict with a sibling/parent/guardian/friend. I do have a few on my caseload that are young like David. They lack fear and are over-reactive to conflict.

I can't imagine! I'm glad your brother was quickly found.
Thank you! I remember a particularly scary run from school. He was maybe 6 or 7. It took a couple of hours to locate him. If I remember correctly, he was hiding under a big bush nearby.

The briefing was supposed to be an hour and 15 minutes ago. Does anyone know if this type of delay is typical of LE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The briefing was supposed to be an hour and 15 minutes ago. Does anyone know if this type of delay is typical of LE?

I have no idea, but it's making me very nervous.

I am a children's outpatient therapist. Many of the children I see are runners. Almost always, they run when they feel that they have been corrected harshly, have felt shamed or embarrassment, or due to conflict with a sibling/parent/guardian/friend. I do have a few on my caseload that are young like David. They lack fear and are over-reactive to conflict.
This is totally my brother back then! I'm going to add that I think some problems at home with how discipline is handled, can often play a role. I love my parents, but they made some big mistakes. I'm not blaming his parents, but often shame starts at home. :(

My brother is now 19, a huge, talented football player and student, and still very sensitive. Gentle giant. :)

I really want to see this dear boy have a future, too!

Yesterday people were reporting that APD and the FBI were going door to door. I haven't seen anything like that reported yet today.

too difficult to say, even if it is atypical it wouldnt necessarily indicate there is a break in the case..

Hi everyone - I just found David's thread and caught up. I'm hoping for the best for this cute little guy.

Has it been mentioned where David's father is? Is he at home? I may have missed it as I was attempting to speed read through this thread.

Yesterday people were reporting that APD and the FBI were going door to door. I haven't seen anything like that reported yet today.

Do you know if any of the hubub may be for Xavier as well? (Like the sirens?)

We want to thank the public for the tremendous outpouring of support, and participation in sharing our social media messages. You can “Like” us here on Facebook and “Follow” us on Twitter to stay in the know.
We ask everyone to continue to monitor or Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates. We will continue to provide updates as new information comes available including when and where assistance from the public is needed in this search.

https://www.auroragov.org/blog/One.aspx?portalId=2869361&postId=6500469&portletAction=viewpost

APD has said there will be a press conference this afternoon, broadcasted on FB, Twitter, and Periscope...I wonder if there's big news?

Do you know if any of the hubub may be for Xavier as well? (Like the sirens?)

I do not live close to Xavier's neighborhood. I am about 4 miles from David's house. Police, fire, ambulance for David could come from stations near me but not Xavier, unless he somehow made his way closer to where I live.

Hi everyone - I just found David's thread and caught up. I'm hoping for the best for this cute little guy.

Has it been mentioned where David's father is? Is he at home? I may have missed it as I was attempting to speed read through this thread.

Dad is in prison.

We want to thank the public for the tremendous outpouring of support, and participation in sharing our social media messages. You can “Like” us here on Facebook and “Follow” us on Twitter to stay in the know.
We ask everyone to continue to monitor or Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates. We will continue to provide updates as new information comes available including when and where assistance from the public is needed in this search.

https://www.auroragov.org/blog/One.aspx?portalId=2869361&postId=6500469&portletAction=viewpost

I've been keeping an eye on the #FindingDavid # on Twitter APD are using the # and lots of tweets of the volunteer search today, meeting earlier at Olympic Park

Denver7 NewsVerified account ‏@DenverChannel 1h1 hour ago
New search underway for missing 6-year-old in Aurora. http://bit.ly/2j0ln6u #FindingDavid
https://twitter.com/DenverChannel

Amanda del CastilloVerified account ‏@AmandaDTV 2h2 hours ago
Crowd of volunteers registering to help with #FindingDavid. We are at #OlympicPark in Aurora. #Denver7
https://twitter.com/AmandaDTV

APD has said there will be a press conference this afternoon, broadcasted on FB, Twitter, and Periscope...I wonder if there's big news?

I don't know because apparently LE sent volunteers out on more searches around 10am MST.

How far can a six year old go without food/water and without a shelter when it's cold? I don't understand how he hasn't been found by searchers, and I think LE is wasting time by not exercising other options (like being picked up).

How far can a six year old go without food/water and without a shelter when it's cold? I don't understand how he hasn't been found by searchers, and I think LE is wasting time by not exercising other options (like being picked up).

I don't know that LE has told us everything they know. I could see them sending people out on searches to keep them busy while following up on leads and to keep regular citizens out of the way.

APD doesn't have the authority to issue an Amber Alert. That comes from CBI. APD has said several times that CBI won't issue it.

The command center at Olympic Park is so close to the house, maybe 2 blocks-ish and I am under the impression that it is being manned 24 hours.

The fact that no one has come forward with any information seems significant. I think the police know more than what they're reporting to us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back