Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am a children's outpatient therapist. Many of the children I see are runners. Almost always, they run when they feel that they have been corrected harshly, have felt shamed or embarrassment, or due to conflict with a sibling/parent/guardian/friend. I do have a few on my caseload that are young like David. They lack fear and are over-reactive to conflict.
To add, often running is a pain based behavior or trauma reaction. If the brain perceives a threat, it naturally reacts through fight, flight, or freeze. With trauma, the brain can get stuck on alarm mode and can react to perceived threats that are not actual threats and lead to others saying things like, "everything was fine" or "there was no trigger. " Trauma is broad and can be the result of well intentioned harsh parenting techniques or more obvious, abuse.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't know that LE has told us everything they know. I could see them sending people out on searches to keep them busy while following up on leads and to keep regular citizens out of the way.

APD doesn't have the authority to issue an Amber Alert. That comes from CBI. APD has said several times that CBI won't issue it.

The command center at Olympic Park is so close to the house, maybe 2 blocks-ish and I am under the impression that it is being manned 24 hours.

The fact that no one has come forward with any information seems significant. I think the police know more than what they're reporting to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BBM. Hopefully the press briefing will share new info if there is any.

Do we have anyone here that lives in Oklahoma that might be about to do a little research for us?

Why does LE say they will announce something at certain times and never do it? It's so irresponsible IMO.

Why does LE say they will announce something at certain times and never do it? It's so irresponsible IMO.

Maybe the information changed? Maybe they were going to update that they hadn't found him but they got a big tip at the last minute? IMO, it would be more important to follow-up on the tip than to update the press. It could be they were going to suspend the search but got new info on a place to search or it could mean they found him, in which case they have to inform the family before the media. I have seen news conferences delayed before when they were planning to announce they found a person but had to wait to contact all the family first (and if found deceased--they may need someone to ID the body). Sometimes it takes longer to inform all the family than they planned. I hope they found him.

Hmmmm what is everyone's opinion about there being 2 boys missing in the same area?
How close are they?
Is it possible that they are connected?
I don't understand how it seems that David disappeared into thin air.
With another child missing, I hope it's not a predator out there.

All MOO!!!!!
LE believes they aren't connected. I think I saw before they were 12 min apart.

Hmmmm what is everyone's opinion about there being 2 boys missing in the same area?
How close are they?

All MOO!!!!!

I don't think they are connected. Would a 13 year old and a 6 year old even go to the same school? Here is a map of the distance between their blocks:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/157...4900613ec5c!2m2!1d-104.863393!2d39.732638!3e2

How close are they?

All MOO!!!!!

I don't personally think the two cases are related. They are in completely separate parts of Aurora and they are completely different victims.

The 6 yr old allegedly climbed out a window when it was still light out (at or near dusk.) The 13 yr old was last seen in his backyard around 10:30pm.

The two look nothing alike. Neither was known to have social media accounts or cell phones.

The 6 yr old is known to wander. The 13 yr old took his necessary medications with him but not his eye-glasses.

Aurora is a large, sprawling suburban area. We have gangs, many registered sex offenders, etc. The APD is known across the country to be one of the best PDs that there is. They have special gang units, special mental health units, and every other kind of thing you can probably think of. They have relatively low statistics for police violence and suspects being shot without cause.

I trust this police department. They are exceptionally transparent. Any citizen can ask them questions on their social media accounts and get responses in a timely manner. 911 operators always pick up when you call; there are usually no busy signals or long ringing times. They handled the Aurora theater shooting very well. The people in the jails are treated relatively well. And one of the best things is that they cooperate with other agencies to get the job done.

The APD has announced that the two cases seem unrelated and I am inclined to believe them. My hope is that both boys don't realize they are "missing" and are safe and warm somewhere with friends or maybe even family.

It's 50F right now (feels like 45F.) Sunset is at 4:47pm. The low tonight is supposed to be 17F. The next three days are going to be brutal. Arctic temperatures and snow. Highs in the teens, lows near 0F.

Update from Aurora Police Department's Facebook:

UPDATE 1/2/17 11:49AM: Thank you all for your continued effort in helping us #FindingDavid. Your willingness to step up and help has been amazing. At this point we are once again deploying bloodhounds to search the area. We are not seeking any additional volunteers to help with the search at this point.

Anastasiya BoltonVerified account ‏@abolton9news 39s40 seconds ago
@FBIDenver and bloodhounds looking for aurora missing 6 year old now #9news #FindingDavid Watched agents looking in cars.

C1MMxB6XEAAkkTv.jpg

C1MMxB9XEAEtOGS.jpg

https://twitter.com/abolton9news

Chief Nick Metz ‏@APDChiefMetz 1m1 minute ago
@AuroraPD #FindingDavid Investigation/search continues 2 find David. Thx 2 citz volunteers.Many Local, State, Feds working hard. #1 Priorty!

https://twitter.com/APDChiefMetz

I really hope they checked the parent's house thoroughly. (not implying anything, just that maybe he may be hiding inside and unnoticed?)

This is giving me so much anxiety. If he's not somewhere warm, he's no longer with us. *tears*

The 13-year-old has been found.
[video=twitter;816012177396158464]https://twitter.com/AuroraPD/status/816012177396158464[/video]
Aurora Police Dept ✔ @AuroraPD
Update: Xavier has been found safe. Thank you for your help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back