Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2 press briefings daily, one in the morning and one in the evenings. Keep an eye on SM, facebook/twitter for updates and times of briefings

Questions answered-
It is active investigated, but it is believed he has wandered
One instance where he wandered from school that is documented, not from home.
With Aurora Public schools, they used a notification service to alert parents.
They have not been searching around water, but not in.
No info about the father.
More thorough neighborhood canvases.
Only knocking on doors and speaking with those who answer.
No proof that they are in danger.
2 1/2 mile radius at the moment that is being searched.
David is getting an Amber Alert due to the amount of time passed and the weather.
They are speaking with everyone.
No forensic information.
FBI is involved for resources, and there is no information about crossing state lines.

So far LE is saying there is no evidence of abduction and the Amber Alert was issued because of the weather and the time lapse since David disappeared.

I've just never heard of them issuing an Amber Alert for those reasons.

I don't have any information about the father at this time

FBI has resources that can only make this more effective. So we bring partners in almost immediately for that reason. Wea re doing a more intensive search of the neighborhood so do not be surpirsed to see officers and that activity.

We are just knocking on doors and talking to residents

We have three tiplines set up and I will provide those to you

To answer your question yes, we are all very concerned the weather, the length of time missing.

yes that is why the CBI has issued this AMBER ALERT for us today.

I don't know if we have done that - we pprobably have but I don't ahve that exact info.

It was approximately 5:30 we undestand there was maybe a 15 minutes delay before it was realized he was missing

I believe there are siblings in the home.

At this time we don't have any reason to believe that they are in dangers.

We want community to stop searching at this time. Their presence can interfere with the bloodhounds which we are using at this time. We will let you know if and when we need the community members to help with searchign again.

We have one reported incident where he ran away from school

I do not know exactly nhow he exited the home. We do believe at this point anyway that he left on his own.

Mother did address the media yesterday - she is very shaken and upset, we are working with her. This is a very stressful situation so we are trying to help her get through this

the AMBER ALERT will raise the national exposure and may help us in locating David, and that is the goal.

I don't have any forensic information at this time.

I don't know if the father has been contacted at this time. He may have been. I just don't have that info.

FBI is involved mainly because they can be of great assistance in finding David. No indaction that he has been taken over state lines. They are a resource we are availing ourselves of.

That is a natural part of the investigation also - I don't know where we are with that.

We will do updates twice daily, we will update our FB and our twitter to let you know specific times each day. Anticipate monrings and afternoons but investigation changes, the times will be announced as needed - not set in stone.

Call the tip lines if you feel you have useful information.

She then gives the tiplines that are found on the briefing on the Aurora police blog.

I could not hear the questions. Only the officer's responses. I have paraphrased those above. Note they are not direct quotes.

Aurora Police Department Press Conference 1.2.17 @ 1:45pm, via Periscope Aurora Police Dept.
(My transcript.)

----------

Amber Alert will be issued shortly due to passive of time and impending inclement weather.

Today is day 3.

Resources being used: Canvassing, interviews, residential and commercial videos (please call tip lines if you have videos,) entire command staff involved including Chief Metz, NCMEC, Aurora PD, Westminster PD, CBI, FBI, Rocky Mountain Safe Streets, Joint Terrorism Task Force, volunteer citizens, Aurora Public Schools, etc.

Students returning to school this week. Boy attends Dartmouth Elementary School. Mental health professionals will be available at schools.

Citizens stop searching now because bloodhounds are out. APD will notify via social media when searchers can go back out.

Morning and evening press briefings every day now. APD should be primary source of info.

Questions/Answers:
1. Active/ongoing investigation.
2. Wandered off once from school.
3. Not certain if social services has been involved before.
4. Schools using technology to notify parents of updates.
5. Bodies of water - not yet out on but around them.
6. No info on father of boy.
7. FBI going door to door.
8. More thorough neighborhood canvassing today.
9. There are 3 tip lines set up.
10. Whereabout before reported as missing, has he been seen over the break - officer not sure.
11. Concerned about weather change.
12. Boy has siblings.
13. 2 1/2 mile radius search.
14. Volunteers need to stop searching NOW due to bloodhounds. They will let us know when they are ready for volunteers to go back out.
15. No documented instances of boy running away from home.
16. No foul play suspected. Investigation still going on so not sure if Mom will face any charges.
17. Believe boy left house on his own.
18. Not sure if Mom will address the media again because of how shaken she is by this.
19. Amber Alert coming later today. CBI agrees and will issue it today. National exposure = good.
20. Everyone understands that everyone is involved in investigation.
21. Don't know if Mom has taken polygraph.
22. Unsure if Dad has been contacted.
23. FBI is here because they are federal partners. No info on whether boy has crossed state lines.
24. There will be another presser later today.
25. Sex offenders - natural part of the investigation. No further info.
26. Twitter and FB to find out what time pressers will be.
27. APD should be primary source of info.
28. Call tip line if you think you see or hear something or have video.

(The officer said she would provide tip lines at end of press conference but video was cut before that could happen.)

So many transcripts! It makes me happy so many people are here, even just to provide transcripts for his case. David is loved by many, even those he doesn't know. :)

Just came across this case. I hope they find him but with the weather...things really aren't looking great. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Can they do that? Does this mean there is evidence of an abduction? :(

No. She said it was due to the passage of time and the impending inclement weather.

514bdb7a8a02faad939f448da9700946.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree. So much for saying they can't issue an Amber Alert and then poof, there is one?

The local CBS affiliate reported around 12:00pm MST that the dogs hit on a scent.

Pictures of the scene after that show the dogs searching cars.

BBM.

That's only what they said.
I agree. I don't think that THIS particular officer was withholding info, but I think she has had info withheld from her. She didn't seem to have lots of answers, and I think there are different reasons behind the Amber Alert. Maybe they have a lead and don't want to spook a POI by releasing the real reason? Or something along those lines.

Thanks to all who helped transcribe the presser! I am very suprised they have upgraded to AMBER ALERT but happy. It wil help with more exposure and the increased visability could help. Although I must say the community has been very aware and proactive and involved in this search thus far so people in the area know about and are keeping their eyes out for little guy.

Seems like a very caring and concerned community David lives in. That is a good thing.

I'm impressed with all the updates from LE on this case. There have been cases like this in the not so distant past where the public was kept so much in the dark that they made up their own scenarios and caused a lot of problems. I think LE is handling this one exceptionally well.

I think there is something they aren't telling us.

I agree. There are strict Amber Alert guidelines for a reason. Many small children have "wandered off" and were never found and they never got an Amber Alert because it requires evidence of an abduction and description of a abductor. I feel like the entire city of Aurora should know David is missing by now but if an Amber Alert helps I'm not against trying it. Maybe someone found him and took him home and due to whatever learning disability he has he went quietly with a stranger? Maybe someone else saw him in public with an unknown adult or knows where he is staying if an adult is harboring him. Maybe the Amber Alert will bring out more tips. But I feel there is probably be a compelling reason they decided to allow an exception in this case. Hopefully the alert will help find him.

I think that after the Jessica Ridgeway case that all local LE got a lot better at providing info as quickly as possible. I can't bear to think that anything like that has happened in this case.

Aurora is a great community where people come together to help in situations like this. However, sometimes I wonder what happens to the general public once the case is solved. It's got to be difficult to ask for all this help and then have to have privacy for whatever comes next.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back