Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Most likely Mr Moran was unable to find a qualified, experienced cadaver dog trainer/handler to testify to what the defense wants.

*So the best he could get is unqualified Mr. Ha.

*Mr. Ha is being paid big bucks to opine on testimony the defense needs.

I think that Dr Ha is doing a good job creating doubt about the reliability of the HRD dog alerts in this case. JMO

Dr Ha said that it was best if the handler went in alone as the more people who were there, the dog wanted to please….but when prosecution witnesses were up, defense made an issue of no other people being around.

Defense quickly moves on after Dr Ha says that…

Dr Ha said that it was best if the handler went in alone as the more people who were there, the dog wanted to please….but when prosecution witnesses were up, defense made an issue of no other people being around.

Defense complained that Cowing wasn’t in there video taping the dog at work.

I hate to admit it, but he does make a point about "residual" scents. If a dog alerts to a decomp scent, but no evidence or material related to that scent can be discovered scientifically, what facts can be determined by that alert?

I don't remember it that way. The defense brought up the fact that LE officers where in the house while Carren Corcorran was searching with Molly.

She said it didn't affect Molly because she told the officers to stay out of the way. JMO

I hate to admit it, but he does make a point about "residual" scents. If a dog alerts to a decomp scent, but no evidence or material related to that scent can be discovered scientifically, what facts can be determined by that alert?
That's correct. Add potential cueing and the alerts can be considered to be false positives.
ETA,
Except for the alerts that can be explained by the blood that was discovered. JMO

Last edited:
Cathy Russon

@cathyrusson

·
1h
#MarkRedwine - Both sides reached a stipulation over the weekend regarding defense DNA witness stipulating that he’s an expert in DNA interpretation however prosecutor says now the defense has decided not to call Dr. Phil Danielson.
Replying to my own post because I'm in the dark on this proposed witness. Does anyone have an idea why defense has decided not to call Dr. Phil Danielson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member