Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not understanding the point you're trying to make.
The point I am making is that Molly cannot do further forensic testing---she can o9nly do initial alerts.

She alerted on something and when the forensics guy tested, it was POSITIVE for blood at first test...but it was because of excess RUST, which mimics blood because of the iron

So my point is that Molly was alerting because it smelled like blood and it took further testing to see the difference

The point I am making is that Molly cannot do further forensic testing---she can o9nly do initial alerts.

She alerted on something and when the forensics guy tested, it was POSITIVE for blood at first test...but it was because of excess RUST, which mimics blood because of the iron

So my point is that Molly was alerting because it smelled like blood and it took further testing to see the difference
An HRD dog is only supposed to do a trained final response on the scent of decomposing human remains. Rust is not human remains so an HRD dog that alerts to that would be giving a false positive. JMO

An HRD dog is only supposed to do a trained final response on the scent of decomposing human remains. Rust is not human remains so an HRD dog that alerts to that would be giving a false positive. JMO
Right, it was a mistake but not surprising, as even the original test by the investigator came up as a false positive. So Molly did just as well as forensic examiner's first test on that area.

The cross examination made the point better than I did. There was 'corroboration' because there were hairs and a fingernail in the areas Molly alerted.
Thanks. Both of those items could have been left there by a living person. Again the alerts do not provide evidence of a dead Dylan Redwine. JMO

Thanks. Both of those items could have been left there by a living person. Again the alerts do not provide evidence of a dead Dylan Redwine. JMO
Of course. Which is why they do further testing.

HRD Dogs only point out areas for FURTHER TESTING. So Molly did her job.

Of course. Which is why they do further testing.

HRD Dogs only point out areas for FURTHER TESTING. So Molly did her job.
I guess I'm not making my point clear and it's not fair for everyone if I keep trying. I'm moving on from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashpandaoutside