CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 53 people currently viewing this thread with 30 being visitors. Any locals? Feel free to join in the discussion folks and welcome!

I'm going back trying to look at the communication Dylan had (supposedly) once at his dad's house. Mom's last contact w/him was Sunday evening when he texted her that he arrived safely and ended text msg w/"scowl face". This may be far -fetched but I'm wondering if dad's house being in woodsy isolated area possibly didn't have cell reception? Any at all or good cell reception? I've lived in places where there is none and they're far less desolate than what I understand the father's area to be like. Just keeping an open mind maybe Dylan threw some of his things in a bag and went for a walk trying to get reception.

Otherwise there's some 'splainin to do between Sunday at 8pm and 7:30am if Dad's account if true. What was Dylan doing during those 11 1/2 hours? Was he just hanging out? Did he go outside? Do they have a yard? Did they talk (I get the feeling they didn't)? Did he bring Xbox or gameboy or whatever the kids use these days? As has been asked already, does dad have home computer?

I'd love to know if Dad has allowed LE to go through the home, vehicles, phones (cell/landline), computer/internet, etc. or has required search warrants. Wouldn't we all love to know...

That's a good point about the reception. It would be interesting to hear from people in that area about whether or not that's an issue.

Anything is possible. But I still don't understand why Dad has spoken to reporters; perhaps he has been told not to....

If LE thinks that Dylan ran away due to issues with his dad is it possible they would try to keep Dad out of the media? To avoid further upsetting Dylan or something? I know that is really reaching but I don't want a parent to be guilty of anything. The runaway scenario has the best odds of a favorable outcome so I'm crossing my fingers & trying to make it fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been discussion of a last cell ping or usage history? I imagine he shares a plan with his Mom - should be able to get access.

That's a good point about the reception. It would be interesting to hear from people in that area about whether or not that's an issue.

Absolutely.. Any locals able to weigh in on cell reception in or around the area?

I know whenever I'm in a location with poor or non-existant reception, whether it be a hotel, business trip, friend's home I take a walk til I get reception so I can check in with family and friends. Occasionally I'll lose track of time and will be out for longer than expected. It's possible if Dylan was upset or angry and determined to talk with someone, he strayed too far and got into a bad situation. jmo

Has there been discussion of a last cell ping or usage history? I imagine he shares a plan with his Mom - should be able to get access.

I haven't been able to find anything in MSM about that. I'm assuming that it would have been one of the first things LE looked into. The FBI is involved so I'm hoping all avenues are being pursued. I really wish we would have a press conference. I'm just appalled at the lack of media interest.

oh, from ground search the dogs hit, then they started the water search? is that right? but was it just a routine ground search or a tip or what that lead to this particular area. that is what is confusing to me

I'm not sure what lead to that area.

Anyone?

Hey all. For what its worth, I grew up about 40 miles west of Durango and used to go to Vallecito to hang out at the lake. Granted this was in the late 1990's and early 2000's but from what I can remember the cell service in that area was almost non-existent. I do not know if they have done any up grading of the towers since than but I would assume that at least some progress has been made and that service has probably improved in the last decade.

Just got back from my daily hike. All I can say is, being the end of November, it is in the hands of God that the weather is so beautiful right now to aid in the search for Dylan!

Absolutely.. Any locals able to weigh in on cell reception in or around the area?

I know whenever I'm in a location with poor or non-existant reception, whether it be a hotel, business trip, friend's home I take a walk til I get reception so I can check in with family and friends. Occasionally I'll lose track of time and will be out for longer than expected. It's possible if Dylan was upset or angry and determined to talk with someone, he strayed too far and got into a bad situation. jmo

Not a local but I think this site gives some reviews of cell reception in the area

Kevin Torres will be doing some reports on the search on Denver Channel 20 at 5:00 p.m. and Denver Channel 9 at 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.

I believe 9news.com livestreams, at least I think it does...

Just got back from my daily hike. All I can say is, being the end of November, it is in the hands of God that the weather is so beautiful right now to aid in the search for Dylan!

The lake search is an extremely challenging situation. So thankful the weather was ideal today, we need it to hold for some more days ahead to get this lake search completed.

http://www.vrbo.com/329732

From a resort in Vallecito information page: If you just can’t leave the modern world behind, high-speed wireless internet and Direct TV are provided free of charge. Cell phone coverage is strong.

Indeed. But the father would have to explore all possibilities in his frantic search, and due to the recent discussion about going to the friends house, it would make sense to check (incase, say the friend called and said, "My mom can pick you up", etc.)

Dylan's trip to see friends could also have been postponed bc he didn't do his chores, or something, I don't know, just playing devil's advocate.

The no phone activity after 8 is odd though.

BBM

True, but he wouldn't be likely to have many chores. He didn't live with his Dad, and hadn't seen him in awhile. He was on a court ordered 'vacation' visit. So he probably didn't have chores to do, but maybe Dad balked at the kid going to visit friends, instead of spending time with him.

I agree there are other possible scenarios here. But for some reason I keep loooking back at Dad.

Maybe it is poor reporting, but the stories being told don't add up.

Hey all. For what its worth, I grew up about 40 miles west of Durango and used to go to Vallecito to hang out at the lake. Granted this was in the late 1990's and early 2000's but from what I can remember the cell service in that area was almost non-existent. I do not know if they have done any up grading of the towers since than but I would assume that at least some progress has been made and that service has probably improved in the last decade.

TY! I've been looking at the vallecitolakechamber.com website trying to get a feel for that area & the lake. Do you remember what it was like there around this time of year? Either the facilities on or around the lake as well as the town of Bayfield? Would people or activity in the middle of the night or early in the morning in late November raise any red flags for year round residents or not so much?

Be interesting to know what Dylan had planned with his friends for 6:30am.

My son is the same age as Dylan. He's about the same height and weight, and has the same Nike shirt Dylan was wearing in one of his pictures, but in red. The story just tugs at my heart strings. I feel the mom when she says he would not just take off and not call. My son and I are close and I can't imagine he would let me suffer like that for a week if there was any way he could contact me.
Given the situation with the parents, even though it seems he doesn't have good relationship with his father, I would think a public plea from him or better yet both parents combined would be highly motivating to Dylan. No matter how angry he may be, I am sure he still loves and wants to connect with his father. The mother has made several appeals. Just don't understand the silence from the father at this point. Unless he's keeping quiet to avoid incriminating himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo