CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so curious what the older brother has to say. He probably knows Dylan better than anyone as he probably confides in his cool older brother. I hope he can shed some light on it for us.

awwww.....thank you! It's really more like God Blessed ME to allow me to find my calling.

I bet you are the best!

And I agree.... Some "careers" are actually calzones...(my iPad just typed calzones instead of callings..... What is up with that?:floorlaugh:)

I am whispering this because I don't even want to think it much less type it but has anyone considered that he could have hurt himself. That song is very depressing. And it sounds like he was a child that was in his head alot. I am sure very bright and mature for his age. just wondering.

That makes me so sad to think about, though at this point everything is sad to think of, short of him being home safely. I believe his parents divorced in 2007 so he would've been around 8 at the time. Knowing nothing else and making as few assumptions as possible one can imagine that things were not ideal with dad (just a guess) which has to be hard on a young boy. He does seem close w/mom though and she seems adamant in the few statements we've heard that he would've leave voluntarily.. whether that's a mother's heart or head speaking, we'll see...

I am so curious what the older brother has to say. He probably knows Dylan better than anyone as he probably confides in his cool older brother. I hope he can shed some light on it for us.

I hope you're right! They seem tight knit.

Just so I'm clear about this.....dad hasn't given an interview with media, has he? If not, then we really have no idea what he has told LE. 2nd and 3rd hand info through a reporter is "iffy" at best. :twocents:

Sorry if this link has already been posted I am just try to catch up on the thread from earlier today. This is the first article that I have seen from MSM that has statements from Dylan's father.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22063185/sunday-search-launched-missing-boy-laplata-county

I am whispering this because I don't even want to think it much less type it but has anyone considered that he could have hurt himself. That song is very depressing. And it sounds like he was a child that was in his head alot. I am sure very bright and mature for his age. just wondering.

Sadly, that is the very thought I had when I finally went and discovered what the song was because it's really old to even be on a 13 year olds radar.
BUT, then I realized that his brother is of the right age to be into it.
Little brother hears Big brother's music.

It still, tragically, could be true.

Sorry if this link has already been posted I am just try to catch up on the thread from earlier today. This is the first article that I have seen from MSM that has statements from Dylan's father.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22063185/sunday-search-launched-missing-boy-laplata-county

I don't like this ---

Redwine said Sunday that he hasn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake, because from day one they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that he was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said. "It sounds to me like he's not even in the area."

He said is concerned that a stranger could have picked the teen up and abducted him.

It almost sounds like he's trying to strum up a story. Dylan wouldn't have been going fishing in November in a t-shirt & shorts . . . & no tackle box. PLUS mom says he's a techy kid - not outdoorsy.

TY .. I believe this is the first we're hearing from his dad publicly.

"Redwine said Sunday that he hasn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake, because from day one they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that he was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said. "It sounds to me like he's not even in the area."

He said is concerned that a stranger could have picked the teen up and abducted him.

Eliane Redwine couldn't be reached for comment. She told The Durango Herald that Dylan didn't like Vallecito's's rural surroundings.

She told the newspaper that Dylan is "a generational kid and tech savvy," and wouldn't have gone to the woods.

Mark Redwine said that his son is the type of kid who would go into the wild to fish or hike. "I would describe him as being an athletic type of kid who loves being outdoors," he said.

Have I been processing information wrong? I thought mom had been saying Dylan was an indoorsy kinda kid? That he wouldn't go off into the wilderness. Dad is saying just the opposite. Hmmm...

OH OH. Mom and dad have different ideas about what happened:

Eliane Redwine couldn't be reached for comment. She told The Durango Herald that Dylan didn't like Vallecito's's rural surroundings.
She told the newspaper that Dylan is "a generational kid and tech savvy," and wouldn't have gone to the woods.

Mark Redwine said that his son is the type of kid who would go into the wild to fish or hike. "I would describe him as being an athletic type of kid who loves being outdoors," he said.

=================================================

Why would a 13 yr old go fishing by himself, when his friends were all waiting for him? Wouldn't he rather go with them, instead of all by himself? He was a popular and social kid, who hadn't seen these friends since he recently moved away.

I think the father is making up stories, JMO.

And this part is interesting, too:

Which kid is he???

I don't like this ---

<snipped>

It almost sounds like he's trying to strum up a story. Dylan wouldn't have been going fishing in November in a t-shirt & shorts . . . & no tackle box. PLUS mom says he's a techy kid - not outdoorsy.

ITA, that was exactly my initial reaction. If they knew from day one he had a fishing pole with him, WHY wouldn't they have "scoured" the lake and surrounding areas, as he suggested?
"It sounds to me like he's not even in the area." That also strikes me as odd. UGh.

I don't like this ---

BINGO. And something else that rubbed me the wrong way--- he said essentially, " Why'd it take so long to start searching the lake, I told them the fishing pole was missing.."

That sounds very odd coming from a grieving father, yelling at LE for not dragging the lake immediately. MOST parents want to hope their child is hiding away safely, not lying at the bottom of the lake.

<snipped... sorry!>

Why would a 13 yr old go fishing by himself, when his friends were all waiting for him? Wouldn't he rather go with them, instead of all by himself? He was a popular and social kid, who hadn't seen these friends since he recently moved away.

I think the father is making up stories, JMO.

And why would he go fishing at 7:30am by himself? Why did it take a week for this information to come out? I mean, maybe that's an issue with the reporting? But if that was something he was concerned with initially - wouldn't that be something to stress to LE, media, whoever would listen?

Can we get a map with location of dad's home and location of Vallecito Lake? Are there any other lakes closer to dad's home where Dylan could've walked to? I thought Vallecito was too far too walk. I checked a satellite map of dad's home and it is isolated! I'm trying to even see where a main road is where someone (a kid, no less) would hitchhike.

I'm sure my husband would describe my boys as outdoorsmen who want to fish, hunt, etc.. And I would describe them as wanting to stay in the air conditioning playing Xbox. I do and have from the beginning thought that maybe Dylan would hurt himself. I really really really hope this is not the case and maybe he's hiding out somewhere. This is way too close to my oldest son's age, and I can't get it out of my head.

I almost hate to type it but I think Dad got mad and took Dylan "fishing." It is possible they knew to bring SAR dogs to the lake because Dad said Dylan's fishing pole was missing and that Dylan likely went to the lake to fish (thus creating a quick cover for why the fishing pole is missing and, should they find Dylan's body in the lake, a ready excuse for why it was there -- he accidentally drowned -- instead of everybody pointing the finger at Dad).

Sorry, but I don't believe Dad for a second that Dylan was an outdoorsy kind of kid. I believe Mom's version and I am curious to hear what the brother has to say.

I wonder if Dylan's phone pinged near the lake or along the route to the lake, also drawing the SAR team out there.

So let's put dad's actions together with his words. He says in an interview that he saw the fishing pole was missing and figured his son went into the woods all alone.

But the friends say that he came to their house and said " Where's Dylan?" Why did he say that if he already 'knew' he went fishing alone in the woods?

And why would a 13 yr old, who had made plans to meet up with his good friends, run off to go fishing all by himself?

The fishing pole detail eliminates the likelihood of a stranger abduction, for me. No "stranger" would take the extra step to poke around the house for a fishing rod to steal to make it look like Dylan left of his own volition.

And even my inexperienced, suburban-raised younger kids would take a tackle box if they up and decided to go fishing. Hmph.

I almost hate to type it but I think Dad got mad and took Dylan "fishing." It is possible they knew to bring SAR dogs to the lake because Dad said Dylan's fishing pole was missing and that Dylan likely went to the lake to fish (thus creating a quick cover for why the fishing pole is missing and, should they find Dylan's body in the lake, a ready excuse for why it was there -- he accidentally drowned -- instead of everybody pointing the finger at Dad).

Sorry, but I don't believe Dad for a second that Dylan was an outdoorsy kind of kid. I believe Mom's version and I am curious to hear what the brother has to say.

I wonder if Dylan's phone pinged near the lake or along the route to the lake, also drawing the SAR team out there.

I agree with your version, regretably, and might even take it further based on the custody/past/child support etc but I'll hold off on that for now. There are way too many inconsistancies and backtracking, imo. Based on behavior, words, relationship history -- mom /brother clearly seem to have a closer relationship and knowledge of Dylan. There's a huge discrepancy in how the parents describe him. None of this makes sense if he knew what he said he knew last week, unless he sat by idly allowing investigators to search aimlessly elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime